Demar Lost us the Game Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Jackson was quoted after the game as saying something to the effect with regard to that play.

"It is a risky play, Sometimes you try and wind up looking like a goat (meaning called for a foul) and sometimes you get lucky, (meaning not getting called for the foul)
    Unfortunately I think his steal was clean. In terms of foul calls, the refs were clearly only calling them one way last night. Alot of those "blocks" on our guys were clear fouls.
    Last edited by Multipaul; Thu Nov 11, 2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Bargnani didn't lose the game. He should not be put in the situation to have to create his own shot with time running down.

Raps do not have a guy who can break down the D and kick out.

If you want Bargnani to take the shot, fine, but have someone else create it for him.

Unforutnately there is no one to do this on the current team.
      Actually Jack can break down the D and kick out.

It is just that most of time when he breaks down the D he chooses to shoot.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Unfortunately I think his steal was clean. In terms of foul calls, the refs were clearing only calling them one way last night. Alot of those "blocks" on our guys were clear fouls.
        It looked pretty good to me too but like he said he got lucky. He made the play and a foul was not called. On plays like that the foul call many times goes against what actually happened. So even though the play by him looked good, I have seen many similar type plays that looked good on TV but were called for a foul, so he got lucky that that play was not called for a foul.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It looked pretty good to me too but like he said he got lucky. He made the play and a foul was not called. On plays like that the foul call many times goes against what actually happened. So even though the play by him looked good, I have seen many similar type plays that looked good on TV but were called for a foul, so he got lucky that that play was not called for a foul.
          Totally agree. The refs were working the whistles one way last night. Do you think the NBA/Stern have a mandate to shut us down this year? (for future migration to Vegas)

Comment

Totally agree. The refs were working the whistles one way last night. Do you think the NBA/Stern have a mandate to shut us down this year? (for future migration to Vegas)
            You could be correct on the refs.

However, to me any time that Johnson can play almost 28 minutes and get only four fouls called on him can't be called to unfairly against the Raptors

I don't know about you conspiracy theory though I am sure that Stern would love to see Michael and Brown win in Charlotte and they had not been doing that prior to last night.

So, were the Raptors the dog meat for Stern's buffet last night?

Could be.

I doubt that there will ever be an NBA team in Las Vegas as long as Stern is the league emperor because of the gambling issue.

Comment

Back to DeMar... He had no business being on the floor at that point in the game, but as others have said, it's not his fault that he was put on the court. I'm not sure what Triano was expecting to happen by taking out one of our most productive defensive players with only a few minutes remaining but it definitely came back to bite us in the ass.

Triano has said, about the PG's, that the one who has been playing the best throughout the game will most often finish it. So why wouldn't this be the case with our wing players? When you're in a close game that looks to be going down to the wire, wouldn't you want to keep stopping their top scoring threats? And it's not as if Julian was an offensive liability, he was hitting open shots and making good cuts to the hoop. So clearly the blame has to be on Triano and staff.

Comment

Thread starter is mad lol

He so mad that barg stinks and is being called out for it league wide even on ESPN now that he exaggerating on threads to divert the attention NOOOOOOOPE try harder son

Bargs stinks and so do you !

Comment

Bargs

Looked clean to me too, but it didnt help that Bargs just kinda stood there with no emotion after the steal, he didnt even attempt to try to make it look like a foul, that could be the small difference on whether it gets whistled or not.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
                    Looked clean to me too, but it didnt help that Bargs just kinda stood there with no emotion after the steal, he didnt even attempt to try to make it look like a foul, that could be the small difference on whether it gets whistled or not.
                    Thats funny..i was saying that right after as he stood there and did nothing with about 8 seconds left on the clock....but thats him,he's a lazy ass who doesnt hustle after loose balls and things of that nature...losing player in every sense of the word.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
                      Good point, Kobe D-Wade probably Bosh etc would have added some color to the play and probably have gotten a call.

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                        Thread starter is mad lol

He so mad that barg stinks and is being called out for it league wide even on ESPN now that he exaggerating on threads to divert the attention NOOOOOOOPE try harder son

Bargs stinks and so do you !
                        I found a picture of you online:

Comment

Hwo does a guy who had 4 shots in the game be the scapegoat ? Yea he didnt play well but he's not Kobe yet...He doesnt hurt you defensively like a certain italian center does....mmmhmmm start stutterin fruitcake !

Comment

I found a picture of you online:

Your the Queen of posting lame gifs and creating lame threads...PS this whole thread reaks of bitchassness

Comment

bargs has never had any biz being a starter yet you're defending him as if he was the father of your first born.

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                                Your the Queen of posting lame gifs and creating lame threads...PS this whole thread reaks of bitchassness
                                How did Bargs get brought into this thread?

TimW/Nubreed/Trife76: grow up, you act like pathetic little children. You probably have never played a basketball game in your life. Go back to playing Starcraft and jerking off to CB4's DVD and leave us all alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X