Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand why people are panicking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlz wrote: View Post
    but most importantly this raptor team is too easy to shut down.
    this i agree with to an extent. our reserves can't score right now. preseason shots that dropped aren't dropping. we miss leandro right now. klieza should get some burn tonight if his family is ok. or what if a klieza ross for something is in the making

Comment

Aside from Jonas subbing out early due to foul trouble, the first sub was Jose for Fields at 1:59 first quarter, score 28-23 Raps

Most of the 2nd unit was in 10:53 2nd quarter and the score was 35 - 29 Raps

The first unit was back in at 4:42 of the 2nd quarter, score was tied at 42.

Thats about a 5 - 6 pt swing.

From that point to the end of the half, including Gray in for Jonas, the starters gave up an 8 pt lead to Brooklyn ending the half 60 - 52.

Jonas again subbed out early due, but the bench starting subbing in at 4:43 of the 3rd quarter, this time Anderson for Fields, the score was 79-68 Brooklyn

By the time the entire 2nd unit was in at 1:18 of the 3rd quarter the score was 81-76 Brooklyn

When the starters (or I guess finishers) were back in at 7:05 of the 4th the score was 88-85 Brooklyn

If you count from Anderson the 2nd unit clawed back 8 pts, if from when the entire unit was in it was 2 pts.

So while the bench gave up a small lead in the 1st half, they also made gains in the 2nd half. I don't think the bench unit was a problem. They had a bad 1st half and a good 2nd half. Toronto simply got beat by a better team.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
        ...So while the bench gave up a small lead in the 1st half, they also made gains in the 2nd half. I don't think the bench unit was a problem. They had a bad 1st half and a good 2nd half. Toronto simply got beat by a better team.
        Agree 100% with this.

Casey's substitutions may not have been perfect, but I laugh at people who just throw out generalizations. JV's early foul trouble allowed Lopez to have his way. I think that was a more important factor than anything else. Won't be happening like that in a month. JV will learn fast. And I think the reffing was bad. Bad reffing will almost always help the stronger team.

Comment

Working...
        X