No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like he is coming out of his shell. Took awhile possibly b/c of language...lets hope his performance on court follows the same trajectory.

Comment

• Anyone with ESPN Insider can offer more details but the headline at ESPN says:

Bargnani won't play for Italy.
      He's going to sit out the Eurobasket qualification tournament.
      This makes my day. Hopefully he works all summer with Alex McKechnie.

Comment

• Bargnani is making the all star game next year and the raptors are making the playoffs, book that shit!

Comment

• Andrea Bargnani missed a good portion of the 2011-12 regular season due to three calf injuries and he won't play in any competitive games during the summer.

The Italian national team will play against Belarus, Czech Republic, Portugal and Turkey in a Eurobasket qualification tournament and Bargnani, along with Marco Belinelli will skip the event, reports La Stampa via Sportando.

2012-13 is very important for the Raptors and having a healthy Bargnani is a must if they are going to challenge for a playoff spot.
          http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/featu...20120604#25449

Comment

• Thanks for that.

I'm glad Bargnani has his priorities in line with my own - lol

Comment

• This just in. No Bargnani for Italian team.

Adriana Galimberti: Andrea Bargnani has announced he will NOT play for the Italian national team this summer. Twitter

VIA:

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Is his calf injury that he's supposedly fully recovered from worse than originally thought? Or is he that dedicated to taking the next step that he would bail on the motherland?

Hopefully Calderon's taking notes...

Comment

• SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                Good? Bad? Indifferent?

I take this to be a very positive thing. He should focus on preparing his body to the utmost of
                his ability. He should pick a few skills to focus on for the summer and come back and show us
                those 13 games weren't a flash in the pan.
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I like this announcement, I lets look for a great offseason of working on his body and his game. 2012/13 could be the year the Raptors surprise the league.............

Or not.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Great news that he is taking the summer off. Let's hope he works with Casey and the Raptors staff instead and comes out ready to go next year.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• I like this news too. Bargnani's been very patriotic since joining the Raptors, so this couldn't have been an easy decision for him.

Aside from the obvious physical benefits associated with skipping the Olympics, I'm encouraged about Bargnani's state of mind (i.e. being 100% committed to the Raptors).

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I like this news too. Bargnani's been very patriotic since joining the Raptors, so this couldn't have been an easy decision for him.

Aside from the obvious physical benefits associated with skipping the Olympics, I'm encouraged about Bargnani's state of mind (i.e. being 100% committed to the Raptors).
                        (As far as I know) Italy didn't qualify for the Olympics and doesn't participate in a qualifying tournament before. The only thing Bargnani skipped out on is a qualifying tournament for the European Championship (in 2013). It's not like he skipped a big tournament and this is probably why he did it.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          (As far as I know) Italy didn't qualify for the Olympics and doesn't participate in a qualifying tournament before. The only thing Bargnani skipped out on is a qualifying tournament for the European Championship (in 2013). It's not like he skipped a big tournament and this is probably why he did it.
                          Is Italy good enough to qualify without him?

Honestly, when it comes to qualifications and individual countries, I am pretty ignorant on European basketball.

Either way though, assuming Bargnani is working on his body and game, I am ecstatic about this news.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Is Italy good enough to qualify without him?

Honestly, when it comes to qualifications and individual countries, I am pretty ignorant on European basketball.

Either way though, assuming Bargnani is working on his body and game, I am ecstatic about this news.
                            A lot of countries qualify, 24, so I assume they will qualify. The qualifying rounds are also very late in the summer, in september which probably is a factor in the decision as well.

Comment

• between him, Gallo, and Bellini im sure they'd be able to at least qualify.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I read recently that not every international player wants to go back and play for their country. That a lot of them just play because of national pride or a sense of feeling like they must.

That's why I wish they would make the rules for the Olympics 25 and under and keep it more associated with what it should be...amateur athletics.
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X