Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    You got it twisted a bit there Heinz.

Biggie was not the downfall of hip hop...Puffy and his shiny ass suit pants were the downfall. Puffy killed good hip hop.

And yes 36 Chambers is an absolut classic!
    Let me rephrase that... i love Biggie, and wouldn't want it to sound like i'm putting it on him

It's because of Biggie's rise that Puffy became a factor

Without Biggie, Puffy is just another Teddy Riley.... and even if you remember who Teddy Riley is, you really got to strain your brain to recall any of his contributions to music.... that's who Puffy is SUPPOSED to be.

Biggie legitimised him in a way he never should have been... and THAT was the downfall of hip hop

Comment

• and children trying to find their place in this world, pretending to know what they're talking about when it comes to all things DOPE... go get yourself Midnight Marauders and 36 Chambers, just so you know exactly why YOUR MUSIC TODAY IS CRAP

The last two truly GREAT albums in the entire genre.... two totally different spectrums of the hip hop sound, but equally epic in their own ways.

This has been your Heinz57 Public Service Announcement.................. get off my lawn.

Comment

• 2pac>Biggie
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
          2pac>Biggie
          whenever i think about tupac, i think about this...

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
            whenever i think about tupac, i think about this...

I can't even begin to understand that picture.

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
              Try to understand this one..lol

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
                It's from the Digital Underground video for "Same Song"... before he was 2pac, and still Tupac Shakur.. and dressed like a guitar playing dashiki wearing pharoah...

so no matter how good he was, i could never take him seriously when he got "thug".... because i remembered this video

Comment

• when i see Tupac i think of Kobe bryant, they look alike sort of.

Comment

• Pound on my Muffin

I just heard this song and said to myself - WTF? I can't tell if it is a joke song or if the singer is taking herself seriously. Either way, it is so bad that it may just catch on and we may have the next Rebecca Black. What do you think?

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      and children trying to find their place in this world, pretending to know what they're talking about when it comes to all things DOPE... go get yourself Midnight Marauders and 36 Chambers, just so you know exactly why YOUR MUSIC TODAY IS CRAP

The last two truly GREAT albums in the entire genre.... two totally different spectrums of the hip hop sound, but equally epic in their own ways.

This has been your Heinz57 Public Service Announcement.................. get off my lawn.
                      agree that today's music is complete crap in any genre. minus, some of katy perry and lady gaga. that-euro-dance dance revolution music is god awful though.

everytime i see that guetta guy on my tv i want to do this.

been watching that 100 greatest tunes of 90's on much more reminds me of alot of why the 90's was the best decade ever.

which reminds me who else caught rza on craig ferguson last week?

i would also like to post the hilarious feud between eminem and icp back in the 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_DR...feature=fvwrel

bunch of related videos if you follow the link. it gives me a good chuckle every now and again.

to think it all started because eminme put that they were an act on his concert poster before he asked them and that insulted their little clown feelings.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• you obviously haven't heard of J.cole, kendrick lamar, T.I or three six mafia if you think today's music sucks.

Comment

• TIMELESS.

it was all downhill since then.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            you obviously haven't heard of J.cole, kendrick lamar, T.I or three six mafia if you think today's music sucks.
                            Nah, I'm with heinz57 on this one. Hip hop since about the mid 90's has gone down hill. Today's "hip hop" for the most part is CRAP. Straight dog doo doo. I'm guessing from the selection of artists you like, your probably in the 15, 16, 17 year old range right? NoProps don't mistake catchy tunes for good music my man. There is a difference! I'll put you onto some good tunes from back in the day (and a little from the present(ish)), later on. Can't do it right now...I'm at work and "the man" just walked in!

Comment

• there's some okay music nowadays... i don't want to be a total hater.... and there's some artists that i personally think should be making kanye money, but for the most part they're small fish...

the problem is production, for the most part. technology has come so far in the past 15-20 years that making quality beats isn't that difficult... all you need is some technical knowledge that you can pick up from any book or even the internet, and somewhat of an ear for music.

early 90s production wasn't so easy... you literally had to love the shit out of your music to make a dope track... people listen to ATCQ songs and they hear Q-Tip or Phife... but listen to whats going on underneath that... they're throwing dozens of other tracks to make one beat... sampling by ear... literally pulling back a record a hundred times a minute just to get the perfect cut... physically playing with the pitch.. off of RECORDS... records most of us will NEVER hear in our lives, but they took the time and care to honor them... every beat during that era was a testament to the artists love for the music they grew up with that their parents played in the background while they were sitting in high chairs.... random limited release records that they dug through crates in record stores for hours to find...

same goes for Wu... everyone will forever remember them as that thuggy staten crew.... but listen to whats going on there... RZA's beats are beautiful

since Puffy, the industry's reliance on keyboard pressing production has grown out of control... and the organic nature of the art form is getting lost.

and if you buy your own groceries, you know.. organic is just better

today's music is a michelina microwaveable dinner.. The early to mid nineties was fresh organic locally grown produce.

Comment

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                                Nah, I'm with heinz57 on this one. Hip hop since about the mid 90's has gone down hill. Today's "hip hop" for the most part is CRAP. Straight dog doo doo. I'm guessing from the selection of artists you like, your probably in the 15, 16, 17 year old range right? NoProps don't mistake catchy tunes for good music my man. There is a difference! I'll put you onto some good tunes from back in the day (and a little from the present(ish)), later on. Can't do it right now...I'm at work and "the man" just walked in!
                                No they aren't actually. Listen to them they actually have good lyrics and beats. I dont listen to that lil wayne crap i listen to real rap

Comment

Working...
                                X