Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dupree?

Anyone know why Dupree is back?

I thought I read somewhere he was hardly a favourite among the team and he had bad hygiene (really not trying to be a d!ck here, did read it).

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=346935

My only hope is it is part of something larger to make numbers work.

More likely it probably means Weems is still not good and they need depth on the wings.

All speculation on my part - anyone else have a theory?

*EDIT* http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ptors-hit-road

I probably should have done a little more looking.

Bargnani is out for at least 3 games (not gone on road trip) unless he meets up with team later, Jose still has foot issues, Evans as well all know, and as mentioned above Weems still has his back issue - and Dupree is a non-guaranteed contract. Sounds like they are looking for bodies.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Dec 27, 2010, 12:00 AM.

Who knows, but I also just read that Bargnani is not going on our road trip either.

Comment

Bad hygiene? As in no showers after a game?
      "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

The guy didn't even do a stint in the d-league and we are giving him a call?! I rather give hasbeen Antoine Walker a call at least he is working on his game there.

Comment

I would have liked to take a look at Earl Barron and see what he had to offer. We really need a big man in the middle! Not sure where B.C. is going with this move! I know he is a non guaranteed contract but we all know he will not stay and we already know what he can or cannot do so why not Earl Barron see what he can do as a big man with a non quaranteed contract!

Comment

Pretty sure he's just there to fill the void as of right now. But yes I would love to see Antoine Walker play again.

Comment

badbob wrote: View Post
              I would have liked to take a look at Earl Barron and see what he had to offer. We really need a big man in the middle! Not sure where B.C. is going with this move! I know he is a non guaranteed contract but we all know he will not stay and we already know what he can or cannot do so why not Earl Barron see what he can do as a big man with a non quaranteed contract!
              agreed. i think its just because dupree already knows the raps system, they dont need to teach him plays, etc. if they get barron in, he might need a couple more weeks to adjust, which they dont have because bargs may come back anytime soon. plus barron may not be willing to just play for scrubs right now, coz he knows team who are willing to offer a better contract may come calling....

but barron would definitely a better acquisition

Comment

Yep. He knows the system, tons of injuries, and they prob just need another warm body in practice. Weems isn't playing tonigh too according to Devlin.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I for one am hoping this leads to a trade.... but i doubt that will happen....would be nice to get a legit Center

Comment

Dupree... Just what we needed, not.

Comment

Comment

Power shift.

MLSE better start planning that Championship parade now.
                        "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

I assume they picked Dupree over others because he already knows alot of the plays and players too.

Comment

Why are people upset over this signing? He's got a non-guaranteed contract, knows the players and system. He'll take Peja's roster spot when Peja is bought out. Win-Win-Win.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Is he going to play on this road trip?

Comment

Working...
                              X