ESPN PLAYOFF ODDS RAPTORS 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN PLAYOFF ODDS RAPTORS 8th

ESPN HOLLINGER PLAYOFF ODDS HAS THE RAPTORS AT 8th and to finish with a 37-45 record. This puts as ahead of the 6ers and celtics

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 31, 2012, 04:01 PM. Reason: Fixed URL
    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
    ESPN HOLLINGER PLAYOFF ODDS HAS THE RAPTORS AT 8th and to finish with a 37-45 record. This puts as ahead of the 6ers and celtics

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds
    Interesting. I have to assume this takes into account opponents records going forward .. Not much of a John Hollinger fan, but man I hope he's right. Haha

Comment

I would be honored to get our asses spanked by the Heat in the first round. I hope he is right.
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Oh come on ESPN! It's always the same with those mainstream American guys, no recognition at all! We are going to be 5th or higher, you bastards.

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
          I would be honored to get our asses spanked by the Heat in the first round. I hope he is right.
          Guys if we can get into the playoffs with the current squad of which

DeMar, Ross, Ed, JV, Fields are not even close to their prime... the sky is the limit.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I am down for a Miami series.

I can just see ratptor fans now blaming the losses on Casey's in game decisions. (just a credit to Raptor fans, we think our team is always the best)

...but I still find it funny that fans ride Casey's coat tails to 3OT against the spurs, and then blame the coaching during the final minute for the loss.

Comment

If we play Miami in the first round...I will consider a 4 - 2 series a moral victory...a 4 - 1 (we eek out one home game on sheer will power) series a likely outcome and a complete sweep even more likely.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

There are always a couple of teams in the Hollinger rankings that are way off - for example the Nuggets are currently the fourth highest ranked team while the Heat are fifth - but this is still good news. I can realistically see the Raps ending up with a better record than the Sixers, however I can't help but feel that the Celtics will get it together during the last third of the season (probably because they've done this every year since they won their championship).

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Guys if we can get into the playoffs with the current squad of which

DeMar, Ross, Ed, JV, Fields are not even close to their prime... the sky is the limit.
                  You know I am really not trying to be a Negative Ned (or a Debbie Downer for those of the female persuasion) but making the playoffs at the 8th seed with a young squad does not guarantee higher seeds and contender status. This team, as it is right now, is still experiencing a shortage of talent which can only be solved with at least 2 of DD, TR, ED, and JV reaching all-star status. Can it happen? Sure. Would I bet on it? Nope.

Still all for taking on the worst contracts in the league for picks. Just because someone gets paid a lot of money doesn't mean they should or have to play **cough**Bargnani**cough**.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    You know I am really not trying to be a Negative Ned (or a Debbie Downer for those of the female persuasion) but making the playoffs at the 8th seed with a young squad does not guarantee higher seeds and contender status. This team, as it is right now, is still experiencing a shortage of talent which can only be solved with at least 2 of DD, TR, ED, and JV reaching all-star status. Can it happen? Sure. Would I bet on it? Nope.

Still all for taking on the worst contracts in the league for picks. Just because someone gets paid a lot of money doesn't mean they should or have to play **cough**Bargnani**cough**.
                    Like Okafor + pick for Bargnani?
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Boston without Rondo is complete garbage as we saw in the loss to Sac town. 76ers have hit the wall, they won't get higher than 8th without bynum. So the raptors odd's are high for the 8th seed

Comment

But i want use to finish 9th and let okc have the shit pick

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Like Okafor + pick for Bargnani?
                          Okafor + the 5th/6th pick for Bargnani would be a robbery.

Comment

balls of steel wrote: View Post
                            like okafor + pick for bargnani?
                            done!

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                              Okafor + the 5th/6th pick for Bargnani would be a robbery.
                              Which is why "DONE!" was my response, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X