No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok so who is andrea learning even a little bit "small stuff" from as you so eloquently put it ??

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
      hey mango kid, which HOF'er can we get to join the raptors to teach andrea some stuff ?

who do you have in mind ?? how bout bill russell ?? or wilt chamberlain ?? bill walton ?? yea those are all real possibilities to not only join the raptors but to travel and practice with the team... maybe wilt champberlain can play too ??

omg maybe he could start and we could move bargs to the 4 !!

does anyone have bc's phone number ?
      So who are the examples of players the Raptors could bring in? You still haven't provided them, you just seem to be dancing around the question.

Why are you caught up with the notion of the Raptors having to bring in active players to teach?

Comment

umm i dont know, maybe look up nba free agents, and click on "C" or "center" and see who's available ??

i hope that wasnt too difficult though... do you need a link again ? like the link that showed how howard DID LEARN from battie and foyle when you said he DIDNT ?

let me know, actually dont.
        Why should I look it up? You were the one that originally brought up the idea of the Raptors having to sign a 4 or 5 to teach Bargnani. You should come with names. I'm still waiting...

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
          So who are the examples of players the Raptors could bring in? You still haven't provided them, you just seem to be dancing around the question.

Why are you caught up with the notion of the Raptors having to bring in active players to teach?
          i think its important for young players especially from different continents to have a mentor who is not just a coach but a fellow team mate...

and even more so for big men...

pretty crazy concept huh ??

Comment

yea i know what you mean... but my criticism is not directed at bargs... it is directed at BC.

at the same time i dont think a summer with rasho or malone is going to do anything.... he needed a veteran to practice and travel with the team and talk to bargs on the bench during games...

we owed that to our number 1 pick...

players who come from europe usually have played a different style and that is why its not so instinctual.

tim do you agree though that maybe in barg's rookie year, if we had a vet who had played north american style ball, he could have taught bargs the way to defend north american style, and bargs probably wouldnt have been so lost from the beginning ?
            Bargnani had two years playing with Nesterovic, who won a Championship as the starting center on the Spurs, one of the best defensive teams of the last decade. I'm not sure what more you can ask for.

And the point is that you can't simply teach someone team defense. You can show them what they are supposed to do, but it's really up to them to make it instinctual. And what is a veteran big man going to do that a coach can't? A coach is there to teach.

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
            i asked a simple question... i did not make any assumptions so dont act like a douchebag and make statements like this when people ask questions on an internet forum.
            Kind of what you said here...

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
            maybe next time do some research before responding...
            And you didn't really ask a question as much as tried to point out how obvious it should be that Colangelo hasn't brought in a veteran big man to show Bargnani team defense when a) he has, and b) it's the assistant coaches job to do that and c) nothing anyone does is going to teach Bargnani something that he hasn't been able to learn in four years in the NBA.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Bargnani had two years playing with Nesterovic, who won a Championship as the starting center on the Spurs, one of the best defensive teams of the last decade. I'm not sure what more you can ask for.

And the point is that you can't simply teach someone team defense. You can show them what they are supposed to do, but it's really up to them to make it instinctual. And what is a veteran big man going to do that a coach can't? A coach is there to teach.

And you didn't really ask a question as much as tried to point out how obvious it should be that Colangelo hasn't brought in a veteran big man to show Bargnani team defense when a) he has, and b) it's the assistant coaches job to do that and c) nothing anyone does is going to teach Bargnani something that he hasn't been able to learn in four years in the NBA.
              so why do players like dwight go out of their way to thank and point out how much of an impact a certain vet has had on them ?

Comment

and dont mix two quotes from two different posts... you are the one who said dont make assumptions, after my OP.... in my OP i asked a question...

the dont post before you do research or w/e i said was much later...

it takes a very low person to intentionally take things out of context to prove a point...

Comment

why dont you go look up when ewing came in and joined the magic...

was dwight already a beast by that time or what ?

another good question would be... is ewing helping dwight with his offense or defense ?
                  Oh, I know when Ewing officially joined the Magic on the staff - the 2007-08 season, but he was doing guest coaching and was a special consultant to the Magic in Howard's second season.

I would say that Ewing is helping Howard on both sides of the ball - showing him tricks of rebouding, defensive positioning, free throws. Hell, Howard learned that running hook from Ewing.

Comment

nothing anyone does is going to teach Bargnani something that he hasn't been able to learn in four years in the NBA.
                    the question was why didnt BC do this before ??

and rasho is not a player to learn defense from... the spurs won with fabricio oberto as their starting C... that doesnt make him a good mentor does it ?

Comment

hey mango kid, which HOF'er can we get to join the raptors to teach andrea some stuff ?

who do you have in mind ?? how bout bill russell ?? or wilt chamberlain ?? bill walton ?? yea those are all real possibilities to not only join the raptors but to travel and practice with the team... maybe wilt champberlain can play too ??

omg maybe he could start and we could move bargs to the 4 !!

does anyone have bc's phone number ?
                      It would seem as though the two Bill's are a little old at this point. And didn't you know that Wilt died like 10 years ago?

Comment

and dont mix two quotes from two different posts... you are the one who said dont make assumptions, after my OP.... in my OP i asked a question...

the dont post before you do research or w/e i said was much later...

it takes a very low person to intentionally take things out of context to prove a point...
                        You're calling Tim a low person by quoting you yet you call people names and tell them to STFU? LOL!

Comment

Oh, I know when Ewing officially joined the Magic on the staff - the 2007-08 season, but he was doing guest coaching and was a special consultant to the Magic in Howard's second season.

I would say that Ewing is helping Howard on both sides of the ball - showing him tricks of rebouding, defensive positioning, free throws. Hell, Howard learned that running hook from Ewing.
                          do you have anything to back any of this up on ? or is it just your personal opinion on what ewing is teaching howard ??

are you sure about this ? more sure then your assessment on battie and foyle's impact on d12 ?

Comment

You're calling Tim a low person by quoting you yet you call people names and tell them to STFU? LOL!
                            yea simple name calling isnt as bad as purposely misleading people by taking two quotes from two different posts and implying they are from the same post.

Comment

the question was why didnt BC do this before ??

and rasho is not a player to learn defense from... the spurs won with fabricio oberto as their starting C... that doesnt make him a good mentor does it ?
                              I'd take Oberto as a special guest coach. He's no longer an active player.

Comment

telling someone not to act like a bitch is not name calling.... is it ?

Comment

Working...
                                X