No announcement yet.

Jeff Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't need Jeff Green, he's not better than JJ or Kleiza.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Yeah I'm not going to throw money at a guy that just missed a entire season with a heart condition. Call me crazy.
      +1

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        Yeah I'm not going to throw money at a guy that just missed a entire season with a heart condition. Call me crazy.
        Crazy
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
          We don't need Jeff Green, he's not better than JJ or Kleiza.
          Yes he is.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Not a bad second option

Pretty sure the implication was not Green over Gay or Iggy. But if those two are unobtainable... (which they most likely are)

Green is a tweener but still an improvement over JJ and Kleiza. Hes young, and because of his condition will probably be great value for the money hel be offered.

I wouldn't offer him more than 5 mil, and max 2 year contract because of the risk. But if you think of it, he can be a legitimate starter if healthy (Im sure BC will do his homework) and is young, for about 4-5 mil, compare that to a 12+ wed have to pay a star like the ones above it doesn't seem bad at all as a second option. Plus as ppl have said you dont have to give up picks or young value like Ed Davis.

Comment

I'd use the FA money to land Green and trade for IGGY.... I'd blow up the roster to do it with the exception of VAL and BARGS
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

and anyone who says IGGY is a 3 not a 2 if you have his build 2 or 3 is irrelevant

Comment

If (and it's a pretty big if) Green is healthy, then I'd actually welcome him to the team. He is a tweener, but I think he has tremendous upside. You know he has value in the league when Boston was willing to trade him for Perkins.

I have a feeling though that he comes back to Boston unless Toronto really over pays. Problem is that Boston will have a lot of cap space themselves once KG/RA come off the books.

Comment

I like Jeff Green a lot and think he's been shafted by the basketball Gods a bit playing out of position with Durant, getting traded to a vet team and then the heart surgery.

That being said he's not what we need. Toronto needs a star and Jeff Green ain't a star. DD and Ed aren't stars (and never will be) and the #8 is a long shot at best to be a star. So signing JG means he's starting but not really helping take the squad over the top. Same with Iggy and Wallace (can't believe those two even get mentioned) and Batum. The worst thing the raps can do is overpay and under delivering talent. To me, it's all about the draft or The Big Trade (whatever that might be). If we get Hedo-ed again I'm a find BC and make him eat that oversized collar.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Definitely Pass on Green. His heart condition is more serious than people realize. He had open heart surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm. He will only be able to give limited minutes. James Johnson would be much more serviceable and for half the price. If JJ can miraculously develop a jump shot he becomes a good player as he is already our best defender.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                        I like Jeff Green a lot and think he's been shafted by the basketball Gods a bit playing out of position with Durant, getting traded to a vet team and then the heart surgery.

That being said he's not what we need. Toronto needs a star and Jeff Green ain't a star. DD and Ed aren't stars (and never will be) and the #8 is a long shot at best to be a star. So signing JG means he's starting but not really helping take the squad over the top. Same with Iggy and Wallace (can't believe those two even get mentioned) and Batum. The worst thing the raps can do is overpay and under delivering talent. To me, it's all about the draft or The Big Trade (whatever that might be). If we get Hedo-ed again I'm a find BC and make him eat that oversized collar.
                        I would definitely not pay 10 mill or anywhere close, but 5 for three years does not seem bad.

If we make a big trade we are going to be trading away assets. Green may not be the only move we make. If we make a trade for another position, I still think Green could be a good starting 3 for us.

You say the number 8 is a long shot, but you think we need to build through the draft? Are you suggesting we trade up? Or are you thinking of next years draft?

I dont think Green is the star player we have been looking for, but he is still young, has played out of position for most of his career (imo) and can be a good player on the Raptors team.

Comment

I'd rather not sign guys who have/had a heart condition problem. Let someone else take that risk.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                            I would definitely not pay 10 mill or anywhere close, but 5 for three years does not seem bad.

If we make a big trade we are going to be trading away assets. Green may not be the only move we make. If we make a trade for another position, I still think Green could be a good starting 3 for us.

You say the number 8 is a long shot, but you think we need to build through the draft? Are you suggesting we trade up? Or are you thinking of next years draft?

I dont think Green is the star player we have been looking for, but he is still young, has played out of position for most of his career (imo) and can be a good player on the Raptors team.
                            5 for 3 isn't too bad but it does mean another move HAS to happen. LK/JJ/JG is not getting us anywhere. I do think it's important to build through the draft but sometimes that means turning your pick into a player. I'm all for stock piling assets but you eventually need to turn those assets into players and this'd be a good draft for that. Loads of decent players, slim on franchise guys is the word in 2012.
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X