No announcement yet.

Rudy Gay "Pseudo Superstar"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for fun, a comparison of first 4 years of careers of the two duos. So far, it's not even remotely close.

Player G MP PER TS% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% USG% ORtg DRtg WS
    Vince Carter 267 10250 22.5 .535 8.2 19.4 1.9 2.1 29.6 111 105 36.7
    Tracy McGrady 269 7834 21.6 .514 11.7 19.7 2.0 3.6 25.9 107 103 24.1
    Rudy Gay 318 11223 15.6 .530 9.2 8.5 1.8 1.9 23.8 104 110 15.2
    DeMar DeRozan 280 8874 13.7 .524 6.6 9.2 1.4 0.8 22.9 105 112 11.4
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      Just for fun, a comparison of first 4 years of careers of the two duos. So far, it's not even remotely close.

Player G MP PER TS% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% USG% ORtg DRtg WS
      Vince Carter 267 10250 22.5 .535 8.2 19.4 1.9 2.1 29.6 111 105 36.7
      Tracy McGrady 269 7834 21.6 .514 11.7 19.7 2.0 3.6 25.9 107 103 24.1
      Rudy Gay 318 11223 15.6 .530 9.2 8.5 1.8 1.9 23.8 104 110 15.2
      DeMar DeRozan 280 8874 13.7 .524 6.6 9.2 1.4 0.8 22.9 105 112 11.4
      numbers don't lie (although comparing VC's first 4 years in the NBA to anyone on that list kind of does since he played in 4 years of college)

But I get the gist. and putting Derozan up there is comical

anyway, my point is just that Vince needed guys around him to play winning ball. Gay, even more so, is no different.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
        I love how we choose to remember the VC Tmac days....Don't people remember THE REST OF THAT TEAM???

Vince and TMAC played with guys like dell curry, chris childs, doug christie, antonio davis, Kevin Willis, Alvin williams and Charles Oakley.
        Trust me, it hasn't been forgotten.....amazing talent back in the day. Past vs Present, past would definently serve present, gotta add Morris Peterson and Jerome Williams also.

Comment

Rudy Gay is a superstar and his talents cannot be denied, but one player can't change a whole franchise unless he has a decent supporting cast built around him (The rockets were pretty much build around harden or a scoring superstar = kevin martin and harden played the same position; the raptors meanwhile had to give up their 2 greatest strengths to make up for 1 weakness) or when the superstar is lebron james.

I hate to bring it up but the Rudy gay trade is pretty much the nba version of the phil kessel trade, iMO

Comment

Wait till next season. Everyone healthy everyone hungry No Bargnani better bench Raps will make some noise.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Wait till next season. Everyone healthy everyone hungry No Bargnani better bench Raps will make some noise.
              The most popular Raptor fan expression in March and April of each season ....no wait

Comment

I remember when i used to think that to... then we started the season 4 - 19

Comment

It is the most popular expression lol but we are in the middle of finally having a change around here (No Bargnani, no Calderon) Dont know whos Era it its but its finally something new so im excited.

Comment

It is the most popular expression lol but we are in the middle of finally having a change around here (No Bargnani, no Calderon) Dont know whos Era it its but its finally something new so im excited.
                    I'm not sure how much use the roster change is without a change in coaching philosophy - that does not necessarily require a coaching change.

Comment

You know what era this reminds me?!

Mike James = Kyle Lowry

Jalen Rose = Rudy Gay.

Neither era was very productive or promising and I really don't see those two players as long term solutions in Toronto. I would really like to see the Raptors trade those two for younger talent/picks this summer and fire Colangelo + Casey and ride the a new wave with JV into the future. Otherwise enjoy being stuck in mediocrity with no hope in the near future next season too.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        You know what era this reminds me?!

Mike James = Kyle Lowry
                        ... Are you serious? Lowry blows Mike James out of the water across the board except TO% and USG. In TO%, James is a career 13.6% and Lowry is a career 16.3%; in USG, James is a career 21.1 and Lowry is a career 19.2. Lowry isn't even that old. He's not super young by any means, but he's only turning 27 in a few days. Simple comparison: every one of Lowry's WS/48 since he first landed in Houston are better than James' only season in Toronto - and for Mike James, he was a lights out shooter that season.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/90...-rudy-gay-down

Looks like Rudy may be shut down for the season.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Ross will start Gay needs to rest up and work with Mckhenie asap and often.

Comment

Ross will start Gay needs to rest up and work with Mckhenie asap and often.
                              Yup.

I fear Gay might be another Carter or McGrady (albeit not as talented) in the sense that they get by on their natural abilities and don't put the work in to improve their game and take care of their bodies.

Working with McKechnie and strengthening his core is imperative for Rudy this summer.... and fixing his 3pt shot.

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
                                ... Are you serious? Lowry blows Mike James out of the water across the board except TO% and USG. In TO%, James is a career 13.6% and Lowry is a career 16.3%; in USG, James is a career 21.1 and Lowry is a career 19.2. Lowry isn't even that old. He's not super young by any means, but he's only turning 27 in a few days. Simple comparison: every one of Lowry's WS/48 since he first landed in Houston are better than James' only season in Toronto - and for Mike James, he was a lights out shooter that season.
                                If anyone resembles Mike James this season, it's Alan Anderson.

Comment

Working...
                                X