No announcement yet.

Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Gay has good defense, has shown the ability to shoot efficiently and thus have a consistent efficient offensive game, and I never felt he was too selfish, in fact he would be the only one who consistently tried getting JV in the post!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Rudy Gay has good defense, has shown the ability to shoot efficiently and thus have a consistent efficient offensive game, and I never felt he was too selfish, in fact he would be the only one who consistently tried getting JV in the post!
      well.. I didn't expect this response lol I disagree

Comment

• as far as selfishness. I have no fuckin clue.. im still trying to figure that out.. what do u guys think?

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
          well.. I didn't expect this response lol I disagree
          Rudy gay showing he can consistently shoot efficiently (and thus have an efficient offense):

2007-2011

FG% : 46%, 45%, 47%, 47%

3PT% : 35%, 35%, 33%, 40%

TS% : 55%, 53%, 54%, 55%

Compare to SF average in those years and you will see that Rudy has had high usage in times of high efficiency.

Comment

• I think people think that average in the NBA is 50% FG and 40% from the 3 the average NBA player shoots between 30-33% from three and approximately 40% from the field. Rudy IS efficient. BUT he shoots from low percentage regions of the floor way too much. THAT is the problem with his game.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              I think people think that average in the NBA is 50% FG and 40% from the 3 the average NBA player shoots between 30-33% from three and approximately 40% from the field. Rudy IS efficient. BUT he shoots from low percentage regions of the floor way too much. THAT is the problem with his game.
              He has poor shot selection more often than not.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Rudy gay showing he can consistently shoot efficiently (and thus have an efficient offense):

2007-2011

Compare to SF average in those years and you will see that Rudy has had high usage in times of high efficiency.
                is he not considered to be one of the most inefficient scorers in the league along with monta ellis and Brandon Jennings? (tho I feel like Jennings had a better year last season)

Comment

• I still stick to the notion that Gay is a poor man's Carmelo, with a better body and more upside. But, like Carmelo you need to put him in the right system in order for the team to succeed, NYK were good last year, because they used Melo correctly and surrounded him with defensive players, but they can't go far if JR Smith is your only other offensive weapon.

Memphis was the perfect place for Rudy, since he was stuck onto a disciplined defensive team, he just was paid too much. Toronto will give Gay more freedom to operate, but we don't have the players that can cover his weaknesses. I wish Gay played more like Lebron than Melo though, I rather he get 10-10-10 instead of 30-8-4.

I want Lowry and Derozan to be the offensive weapon 1 and 2 with JV, Gay, Amir getting their points on the side. On another note, Memphis chose Allen over Mayo for their 2 guard spot. And Mayo is similar or arguably better than Derozan, but with a 3-point shot. The more and more I type, the more I realize that the Memphis composition is what I wish Toronto to become and that Toronto isn't even close.

Gay is the only starter on Toronto that is better than Memphis's starter, yet Memphis did better without him..
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

is he not considered to be one of the most inefficient scorers in the league along with monta ellis and Brandon Jennings? (tho I feel like Jennings had a better year last season)
                    Brandon Jennings:

FG: 37%, 39%, 42%, 40%
                    3pt: 37%, 32%, 33%, 38%

It is obvious that Rudy is way more efficient.

And Monta Ellis is not that inefficient (save a bad 3pt shot), he has had seasons scoring 50%+ FG in 81 games, as a SG. Only his most recent season and his rookie season has his FG% dipper below 43%.

Comment

2007-2011

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      I think people think that average in the NBA is 50% FG and 40% from the 3 the average NBA player shoots between 30-33% from three and approximately 40% from the field. Rudy IS efficient. BUT he shoots from low percentage regions of the floor way too much. THAT is the problem with his game.
                      ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                      He has poor shot selection more often than not.
                      FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Brandon Jennings:

FG: 37%, 39%, 42%, 40%
                      3pt: 37%, 32%, 33%, 38%

It is obvious that Rudy is way more efficient.

And Monta Ellis is not that inefficient (save a bad 3pt shot), he has had seasons scoring 50%+ FG in 81 games, as a SG. Only his most recent season and his rookie season has his FG% dipper below 43%.
                      Ladies and gentlemen fact vs fiction.

Comment

• How about Rudy Gay last night?! 17pts 7/11 shooting 2rbs 2stl in limited mins.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sports Illustrated thinks Gay can be an All-Star

Rudy Gay, Raptors: Like [Josh] Smith, Gay benefits from an increased profile on his new squad. The Raptors haven’t made it to the postseason since 2008, and someone will get some love if they can hang in contention into January. Clearly the No. 1 guy in Toronto (at least until Jonas Valanciunas fully blooms), Gay is also in position to be one of the league’s top 10 scorers, and nine of the top 10 scorers last season earned All-Star nods (Curry was the only exception). Hopefully, the coaches will only reward Gay if his efficiency numbers take a big leap forward, but he’s lurking if Toronto starts well and someone like George unexpectedly falters.
                          http://nba.si.com/2013/10/08/nba-all...sct=nba_t1t_a2

Comment

2007-2011

this Rudy hasn't existed since his shoulder injury.. great game last night as far as FG% goes but the shot selection was still terrible IMO aside from I think 2 baskets at the rim, with one being a fast break after a steal. If the shot selection stays the same all year I think his FG% will be just as bad as it was the past 2 years

Comment

this Rudy hasn't existed since his shoulder injury.. great game last night as far as FG% goes but the shot selection was still terrible IMO aside from I think 2 baskets at the rim, with one being a fast break after a steal. If the shot selection stays the same all year I think his FG% will be just as bad as it was the past 2 years
                              The thing is the shot that Rudy takes he practices them. If he stopped taking those shots he would lose confidence. Than taking away his clutch gene. Rudy believes his going to make every shot he takes. By making him second guess him self, take a way the most important part of his game.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                The thing is the shot that Rudy takes he practices them. If he stopped taking those shots he would lose confidence. Than taking away his clutch gene. Rudy believes his going to make every shot he takes. By making him second guess him self, take a way the most important part of his game.
                                I agree with the fact that taking shots away from him and making him second guess is definitely a negative, but...

He has the be smarter in general with the shots that he takes.
                                I've noticed that he doesn't take many highly contested long-twos, or contested perimeter shots, but he stops the ball and team movement when it comes to him, and takes many shots outside of the offense. He needs to get closer to the basket (post-ups, drives, off p-&-r's), and he should think about doing something with the ball within a short period of time.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X