Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Gotta say Rudy is ridiculously efficient in your mix Reuben.
    Screw the haters yo
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
      Matt, have you already given up on Rudy Gay? That shocks me because you were the most vocal fan in wanting Rudy Gay in Toronto.

Would I do that trade if I was the GSW GM? No, my team improved dramatically this season and Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes are good players on friendly rookie scale contracts. Why give one and a pick for a player who is way overpaid?

Memphis shopped Gay for a long time and all we had to give up is Ed Davis + Jose Calderon and a 2nd round pick. I would not give up Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes for Ed Davis and I would not have given up a first round pick for an expiring contract, however much I like Jose. Second round picks typically have very short and unproductive careers and I seriously doubt it would impact the trade.
      Have not given up on gay. It was part of thought process in blowing up team which I since thought better of. There is redundancy in dd and gay. Was just exploring options.

In terms of what gay returned you have to remember Memphis was particular in what they were to bring back. The CBA adds degree of difficulty in making deals and maximizing returns.

Comment

• TRX wrote: View Post
        This is most certainly true... but what non-basketball reason would Golden State have to make that trade? o_O
        They have $20m sitting tied up in Jefferson and biedrins with Jerry West being a fan of Gay's.

Comment

• Both Jefferson and Biedrins are expiring contracts this upcoming season. They'll be eating way more salary than they're sending out and for more years. I don't see how you can play the salary dump angle here at all. And I'm pretty sure it takes more than "being a fan of" to make such a lopsided trade. I would probably venture that he's a fan of Barnes and Thompson as well.

Comment

Both Jefferson and Biedrins are expiring contracts this upcoming season. They'll be eating way more salary than they're sending out and for more years. I don't see how you can play the salary dump angle here at all. And I'm pretty sure it takes more than "being a fan of" to make such a lopsided trade. I would probably venture that he's a fan of Barnes and Thompson as well.
            Who said dump? If you insist on conversing quit putting words in my mouth.

$20m for two guys who'll never play? You do not see how that might be a waste of resources versus a guy in his prime who would come off books following season?

But no you keep thinking inside the box.

Comment

• Oh, okay. I get it now. So for the privilege of taking in a player that is nowhere near a franchise player who makes nearly that $20 million all on his own, (Gay), Golden State should:

- eat over $22 million salary over two years for a negative win shares player (Bargnani)
              - give away two expiring contracts worth $20 million combined (Jefferson, Biedrins)
              - give away either a very good three point shooter, going into his third season in the NBA, who just put up 15/4.5/2, steal, 2 threes in twelve playoff games whose trade value is pretty high right now (Thompson) OR the #7 draft pick who just put up 16/6.5/1.5, 1.5 threes in twelve playoffs as a rookie (Barnes)
              - give away a first round draft pick in a draft projected to be extremely deep

Am I missing something? Please let me know. I really want to understand the genius of this trade for the Warriors. Please show me how to think outside the box.
              Last edited by TRX; Tue May 21, 2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Oh, okay. I get it now. So for the privilege of taking in a player that is nowhere near a franchise player who makes nearly that $20 million all on his own, (Gay), Golden State should:

- eat over $22 million salary over two years for a negative win shares player (Bargnani)
                - give away two expiring contracts worth $20 million combined (Jefferson, Biedrins)
                - give away either a very good three point shooter, going into his third season in the NBA, who just put up 15/4.5/2, steal, 2 threes in twelve playoff games whose trade value is pretty high right now (Thompson) OR the #7 draft pick who just put up 16/6.5/1.5, 1.5 threes in twelve playoffs as a rookie (Barnes)
                - give away a first round draft pick in a draft projected to be extremely deep

Am I missing something? Please let me know. I really want to understand the genius of this trade for the Warriors. Please show me how to think outside the box.
                You don't grasp conversation very well.

No one not even me thinks bargnani is going to golden state with gay.

You are bringing up talking points from days ago.

Adapt man.

Comment

1. I was replying to your post on the last page of the thread at the time where you specifically mentioned Gay and Bargnani in a package as one of two plausible scenarios.
                  2. Quite literally no relevant conversation happened since that post except for:
                    • white men can’t jump “seriously question[ing] the competence of GSW’s management/ownership if they went down this path” with no response from you, and
                    • a small exchange between you and TRex - where he called (I believe) the first scenario (sans Bargnani) dumb and where you defended yourself by saying there were non-basketball justifications. I wouldn’t want to put words in TRex’s mouth though; what he actually said was “You’re kidding right? No one in their right mind would trade Barnes + Klay for Gay. Heck, i [sic] wouldn’t even trades Barnes or Klay straight up for Gay.” I also wouldn’t want to put words in your mouth. What you actually said was “You also forget many trades are done for nonbasketball reasons.”. You were either implying this would be one of them or your statement was irrelevant. I wouldn't want you to claim you were misrepresented here either so please clarify which case is accurate.

It might be understandable that I thought I was responding to a current thought of yours, given points #1 and #2.

Now, my quick response to your most recent reply would be to say, okay, simply remove my first bullet point and amend my second bullet point to include only Jefferson and his $11 million expiring contract… as per your first stated trade scenario between the Warriors and Raptors from the same post. Show me the genius in that for the Warriors instead.

Thankfully, I’m a pretty patient guy, just as interested in accurate representation as yourself. I understand sometimes we say things that we realize are a little silly and want to take them back. So please, what is your updated reasonable trade scenario between the Raptors and the Warriors would be that would net the Warriors #22 Rudy Gay? I wouldn’t want to dismantle a different trade scenario only to have misrepresented your thoughts yet again.

Comment

1. I was replying to your post on the last page of the thread at the time where you specifically mentioned Gay and Bargnani in a package as one of two plausible scenarios.
                    2. Quite literally no relevant conversation happened since that post except for:
                      • white men can’t jump “seriously question[ing] the competence of GSW’s management/ownership if they went down this path” with no response from you, and
                      • a small exchange between you and TRex - where he called (I believe) the first scenario (sans Bargnani) dumb and where you defended yourself by saying there were non-basketball justifications. I wouldn’t want to put words in TRex’s mouth though; what he actually said was “You’re kidding right? No one in their right mind would trade Barnes + Klay for Gay. Heck, i [sic] wouldn’t even trades Barnes or Klay straight up for Gay.” I also wouldn’t want to put words in your mouth. What you actually said was “You also forget many trades are done for nonbasketball reasons.”. You were either implying this would be one of them or your statement was irrelevant. I wouldn't want you to claim you were misrepresented here either so please clarify which case is accurate.

It might be understandable that I thought I was responding to a current thought of yours, given points #1 and #2.

Now, my quick response to your most recent reply would be to say, okay, simply remove my first bullet point and amend my second bullet point to include only Jefferson and his $11 million expiring contract… as per your first stated trade scenario between the Warriors and Raptors from the same post. Show me the genius in that for the Warriors instead.

Thankfully, I’m a pretty patient guy, just as interested in accurate representation as yourself. I understand sometimes we say things that we realize are a little silly and want to take them back. So please, what is your updated reasonable trade scenario between the Raptors and the Warriors would be that would net the Warriors #22 Rudy Gay? I wouldn’t want to dismantle a different trade scenario only to have misrepresented your thoughts yet again.
                    I really don't give a shit.

Blowing things up were discussed and so was trading gay. I chimed in.

Golden state reportedly had gay discussions and west is a fan. Golden state also have had interest in Bargnani if rumors are correct. i was shooting the shit giving examples of what would work under CBA.

I really don't give a flying fuck if you don't agree. My thoughts are pretty clear to dismantle if you are so inclined.

Comment

• Matty D has spoken. Please leave the premises if you wish to live, thank you.

Comment

• lol, insult, condescend and backtrack... then get vulgar and back out. Typical.

Comment

lol, insult, condescend and backtrack... then get vulgar and back out. Typical.
                          You are asking to debate something I clearly said was crazy from the get go. I do not believe in the position you are pushing upon me. I took a lot of rumors, strung them together under the guise of Toronto blowing things up. Maybe find a talking point that is relevant and is not crazy then you can dismantle until your hearts content.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            You are asking to debate something I clearly said was crazy from the get go. I do not believe in the position you are pushing upon me. I took a lot of rumors, strung them together under the guise of Toronto blowing things up. Maybe find a talking point that is relevant and is not crazy then you can dismantle until your hearts content.
                            Matt from what I'm comprehending, is just addressing a certain rumour, no more than just small speculation.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Isn't it possible to just go back and edit comments? If we all did that more, a lot of these threads would look a lot more brilliant. And probably read smoother.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                                Matt from what I'm comprehending, is just addressing a certain rumour, no more than just small speculation.
                                His last response is also against the forum rules, and not just by a tiny bit.

I would suggest to collar him temporarily but mine is currently put to good use.

Comment

Working...
                                X