No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you trade Salmons for Prince + 2014 1st from Memphis. Prince is the perfect substitute for TRoss and is renowned for defense. This allows TRoss to mature and we have a stopper. Memphis is bumping near luxury tax with Randolph being renewed. Mike Miller is also going to be resigned. This opens the room for Memphis . Okc has the same problem with Perkins . So Masai could pick another pick there as well.hansborough+ Decolo+ Buycks+Stone+ Tpe (Gay) for Perkins +1st rounder.

Gives Tdot three first rounders to trade two of the higher picks to move up to a top 8 pick . Do I think it will happen- no. Do I believe one deal will happen -yes.

Finally, if KL leaves which I don't believe happens , sign Mario Chalmers . He has been trained on an championship team , Miami will not resign him due to cap issues. There is talented Pg/Sg out of Missouri , that should be considered.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      I don't like Grant because he has zero offense, when he's playing its gonna be 4on5
      If he could become a capable shooter then I'd take him but his shooting form is messed up
      I know he shoots from like the left side of his body while being right handed it's weird how the fuck he picked that up.

But the nba shooting coaches are amazing and I'm sure they could teach him like at least a midrange shot. He would look good in a lineup of lowry ross grant Patterson Jv. You got spacing defence and an inside presence
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
        Would you trade Salmons for Prince + 2014 1st from Memphis. Prince is the perfect substitute for TRoss and is renowned for defense. This allows TRoss to mature and we have a stopper. Memphis is bumping near luxury tax with Randolph being renewed. Mike Miller is also going to be resigned. This opens the room for Memphis . Okc has the same problem with Perkins . So Masai could pick another pick there as well.hansborough+ Decolo+ Buycks+Stone+ Tpe (Gay) for Perkins +1st rounder.

Gives Tdot three first rounders to trade two of the higher picks to move up to a top 8 pick . Do I think it will happen- no. Do I believe one deal will happen -yes.

Finally, if KL leaves which I don't believe happens , sign Mario Chalmers . He has been trained on an championship team , Miami will not resign him due to cap issues. There is talented Pg/Sg out of Missouri , that should be considered.
        Well, Prince is far from still being a stopper. He's gotten slower, and his strength was always bad. He's an ok defender at this point, but definitely not a lockdown guy. He also is pretty limited on O now, and if his 3pt shot doesn't bounce back he's pretty useless there. He'd have to have a major bounce back season to not be pretty much similarly bad as Salmons.

Now that said, I'd still consider doing such a trade with Memphis, but it wouldn't be with much expectation that Prince would be an impact player.

I would also definitely be happy with turning Hansbrough into another 1st rounder, even if it means dealing with Perkins for a year.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          I know he shoots from like the left side of his body while being right handed it's weird how the fuck he picked that up.

But the nba shooting coaches are amazing and I'm sure they could teach him like at least a midrange shot.
          He would look good in a lineup of lowry ross grant Patterson Jv. You got spacing defence and an inside presence
          It's really not that simple. Most guys who are absolutely terrible shooters never become decent. This isn't like minor changes such as what Jose needed (some flaws in form but fairly easily correctable), this is like major reconstructive surgery on the guy's jumper. You might have to give him a severe blow to the head so he literally forgets everything he knew about shooting because remembering anything of his old form can affect making any progress.

Seriously, Grant's shot is a truly ugly one. I can't think of an instance of a guy with a shot that bad who became passable at it. It's very very far from a given that it could ever happen, and would be the exception to the rule.

Comment

• Can definitely see Masai trading down in what looks to be a deep draft. I think giving up multiple assets to reach for unproven talent would be a mistake but we'll see what happens on draft night, I'm already excited! Need some new raptor news in my life haha
            "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• buckets wrote: View Post
              Can definitely see Masai trading down in what looks to be a deep draft. I think giving up multiple assets to reach for unproven talent would be a mistake but we'll see what happens on draft night, I'm already excited! Need some new raptor news in my life haha
              Well if those assets are Hansbrough, Salmons, Buycks, etc....and maybe using a TPE (Raptors have a $4.5M and a $1.2M exception from the Gay and Bargs trades respectively), while also possibly swapping a pick or two in the draft so you maybe even get an extra 1st rounder...that's not at all a mistake.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                It's really not that simple. Most guys who are absolutely terrible shooters never become decent. This isn't like minor changes such as what Jose needed (some flaws in form but fairly easily correctable), this is like major reconstructive surgery on the guy's jumper. You might have to give him a severe blow to the head so he literally forgets everything he knew about shooting because remembering anything of his old form can affect making any progress.

Seriously, Grant's shot is a truly ugly one. I can't think of an instance of a guy with a shot that bad who became passable at it. It's very very far from a given that it could ever happen, and would be the exception to the rule.
                Maybe he could like switch shooting hands and just learn from scratch. I don't, I feel like he could getting at least a passable mid range shot, he has too much potential to give up. Is he a good slasher if so he would look great next to ross

Comment

Maybe he could like switch shooting hands and just learn from scratch. I don't, I feel like he could getting at least a passable mid range shot, he has too much potential to give up. Is he a good slasher if so he would look great next to ross
                  He's a good slasher, great in transition and good defender

His offense is horrible loool he needs to reconstruct his jumpshot and take 500 shots a day
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    He's a good slasher, great in transition and good defender

His offense is horrible loool he needs to reconstruct his jumpshot and take 500 shots a day
                    if you can survive though rudy gay and andrea bargnani, you can survive 500 shots from grant

Comment

if you can survive though rudy gay and andrea bargnani, you can survive 500 shots from grant
                      500 shots ain't shit. He'll need to take about 2000 jumpers a day I think to have a hope of becoming decent. Maybe more.

Comment

500 shots ain't shit. He'll need to take about 2000 jumpers a day i think to have a hope of becoming decent. Maybe more.
                        MKG 2.0 Book it.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                          MKG 2.0 Book it.
                          At least Grant isn't getting picked #2
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Well if those assets are Hansbrough, Salmons, Buycks, etc....and maybe using a TPE (Raptors have a $4.5M and a $1.2M exception from the Gay and Bargs trades respectively), while also possibly swapping a pick or two in the draft so you maybe even get an extra 1st rounder...that's not at all a mistake.
                            If we can move up from simply swapping the players and the TPE you listed then its no brainer and if the raptors get that opportunity they'd be crazy not to make that deal. However I was referring to people looking to give up a combination of assets like next years picks, ross, derozan to move up to 10-15 range. Although I'd love to be able to grab james young who is around that range hahaha I still think it'd be a mistake to give up any 2 of our real assets to do it
                            "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• buckets wrote: View Post
                              If we can move up from simply swapping the players and the TPE you listed then its no brainer and if the raptors get that opportunity they'd be crazy not to make that deal. However I was referring to people looking to give up a combination of assets like next years picks, ross, derozan to move up to 10-15 range. Although I'd love to be able to grab james young who is around that range hahaha I still think it'd be a mistake to give up any 2 of our real assets to do it
                              Yeah, I agree, and I don't see Ujiri giving up any core assets to move up. The higher picks are likely unavailable or far too costly. The ones in the 10-15 range are also probably not that much better than what we're getting at 20, and still a longshot to be better than any asset(s) we'd give up.

Comment

But the nba shooting coaches are amazing and I'm sure they could teach him like at least a midrange shot. He would look good in a lineup of lowry ross grant Patterson Jv. You got spacing defence and an inside presence
                                That lineup is gonna have a hella difficult time scoring the ball. You have one guy who can create a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X