Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Derozan do the Dunk Contest this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I would like him to but i'd rather him practice on his dribbling and his other skills. Try to take that next step and get out of this slump
    his skills arent the problem.... many lesser skilled players have been much better than he has of late

dude needs a shrink... get his head in order

or he needs an ogre sized big man to put him on his ass and piss him off to the point that he develops a chip on his shoulder

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      He needs to stay back and learn to stop dribbling like a five year-old. Dunk contest my ass. The Phoenix game was pretty telling when Casey stuck his ass on the bench. I mean Barbosa closed the game. I'm not sure if that's ever happened in his career. This shows you that Casey's leash isn't as long as DD thinks it is.
      Barbosa has closed out more games in his career than Derozan has played in total

Comment

If I were him, I would not.
        For me its a matter of pride and moral.

He said he did not want to participate if they use props, and that people are winning becuase of them when their dunks are not as great. I would stick to my word.

Every person is different though, and if it could help him get out of his slump, then it might be in his best interest to do so.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          his skills arent the problem.... many lesser skilled players have been much better than he has of late

dude needs a shrink... get his head in order

or he needs an ogre sized big man to put him on his ass and piss him off to the point that he develops a chip on his shoulder
          we need to bring back shaq to push "kobe's buttons".

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ther_on_LA.nba

Comment

No Demar this year.
            No Blake either.

No Judges either.

NEW YORK (AP)—The NBA is leaving it up to the fans to determine the winner of the All-Star slam dunk contest.

Defending champion Blake Griffin passed on returning, leaving a lackluster field of New York’s Iman Shumpert, Paul George of Indiana, rookie Derrick Williams of Minnesota and Houston’s Chase Budinger.

The league announced Thursday that there no longer will be judges in the event, which also will be reduced to one round. Each contestant will execute three dunks. Fans will determine the champion by voting on NBA.com, Twitter or through text messaging.

The format in recent years was two rounds, with a panel of judges voting on the first round before fan voting in the second.

Comment

I'm glad I'll be in Cuba during this circus sideshow.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                Na, he already proved he can win it last year until Blake hype won him the contest. I think it'd be better if he didn't and rested/focused on getting better as a player.
                it may have come via his hype. but, blake won because it was rigged.

btw, if someone does one more "superman" dunk, I may shoot my tv.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I'm glad I'll be in Cuba during this circus sideshow.
                  Fan fun man. I had an absolute blast there last year.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Fan fun man. I had an absolute blast there last year.
                    Thanks! Where abouts did you stay last year? Varadero?

The best part about Cuba (if you can get past the bland food), is no obnoxious Americans

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Thanks! Where abouts did you stay last year? Varadero?

The best part about Cuba (if you can get past the bland food), is no obnoxious Americans
                      Bah ha ha I just seen my typo in my post. Yeah, I went to Varadero, Hotel Iberostar Laguna Azul to be precise.

The food wasn't that great, no doubt but you could grab a burger a 3AM in the morning if you wanted one. When I went to the main dinning hall I typically headed directly to the omelet stand for breakfast and the pasta stand for dinner. At least there I could tell them exactly what I wanted and so it was impossible to get something bland.

So yeah, long story short, I'd rather be doing that than watching the dunk comp.

Comment

this years dunk contest is shit. Derrick williams, Iman Shumpert(yes the kid who missed the wide open dunk against us), Paul George, and chase Budinger(Seriously?)

Comment

They probably got rejected by DeMar, blake and all the other good dunkers in the league so they went after average dunkers.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            this years dunk contest is shit. Derrick williams, Iman Shumpert(yes the kid who missed the wide open dunk against us), Paul George, and chase Budinger(Seriously?)
                            This is going to be the worst dunk contest in a long long time...

i do not think we are gonna hear kenny say "IM LEAVING DA BUILDING" because of Chase Budinger...eek.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                              This is going to be the worst dunk contest in a long long time...

i do not think we are gonna hear kenny say "IM LEAVING DA BUILDING" because of Chase Budinger...eek.
                              Probably not. But he was runner up in McD's Dunk Contest in 2006:

Comment

Yeah I'd say Budinger is just as good as Blake when it comes to dunk competitions

Comment

Working...
                                X