Shawn Respert says Kyle Lowry has the best work ethic his seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Respert says Kyle Lowry has the best work ethic his seen

What's the best work ethic you have ever seen in a player?

SR: Kyle Lowry would be one player I'd mention. He really enjoyed getting in the gym and working on his game. And for the first half of the lockout season he was probably one of the best 10 players in the league. And the other one would be Luis Scola. He was the ultimate professional. Every day was like clockwork: he did his footwork drills, then his shooting drills... He was extremely professional. Two guys that I would add to the list would be Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic. Those two guys, every single day, they had to do something to get better, watching film, getting in the weight room, even getting treatment to take care of their bodies.

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/interviews/sierra/shawn-respert-adelman-would-be-good-coaching-any-sport#k1OGMFSL2Zj5H4rk.99
    @Chr1st1anL

Just reminds us that Lowry wasn't 100% last season. Let's hope he can stay completely healthy this season so we can see the hard work pay off

Comment

if he comes off and plays to his potential then raps can make the 2nd round
      ya dun noe

Comment

Lol, so looks like he is the only North American on the list. What does that mean really?

Comment

like coach said a million times, Kyle is a natural competitor. he needs to come out this season and be the best that he can truly be. hopefully everything's gonna pay off
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Lowry definitely was not 100% last season. Let's all root for him and pray to fucking god he plays to his top potential this season!
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              Just reminds us that Lowry wasn't 100% last season. Let's hope he can stay completely healthy this season so we can see the hard work pay off
              Agreed. Would like him to be a little more fan friendly......he is very intense.

Comment

I think his style of play contributes to his injury problems. When healthy he can do some amazing things but that aggressive almost reckless style of ball wears you out. His durability has always been my big issue with him and his acquisition. He also didn't handle the Jose thing very well which speaks to his mental too. Hopefully he shows something this year or not depending on your aspirations for this year.

Comment

Ugh. Lowry playing 120% of what he did last season would mean his value skyrockets going into a contract year. is he worth 4 years 46 million? Would it be in the Raptors best interest to make him our long term PG? Could he have started in the conference finals?? I don't think I want Lowry as our long term PG. I hope he plays well to earn a really nice trade chip half way for a team that think they are 1 PG away from championships..

Comment

He'd probably kill a fan if they criticized him lol

Comment

Lowry's work ethic is so legendary that he was out of shape last year.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Out of shape for a guy on the street. Down right fat for an NBA player.

I hope all this work ethic / injury stuff is true .. but so far .. Ive seen little evidence of it ..

Comment

Lol thats one of the best laughs I've had on here in a while.

Comment

To be fair he was recovering from a injury most of the summer. Couldn't really work out.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't know if anyone has a staph infection but the fact that the man even suited up for us last season was a miracle.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X