Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ball4life wrote: View Post
    We tried sitting out Bargnani! Calderon! Bayless! on and on and on
    but it makes no difference in the team! and we are winning games we are not supposed to!

Just give casey couple of weeks of vacation and its a party for tank nation for rest of the season!
    this guy is too good of a coach to let his team down for any reason!!
    Ok, I had to laugh. Is this the Twilight Zone?

I just looked at the standings and right now they tied for 6th last. The Pistons and Warriors are both a game back but the Warriors are "rolling" with five straight losses. They need to be monitored. Meanwhile further into the abyss you have Cleveland who are just a game and a half in difference, sitting at 5th.

Comment

This has officially replaced the classic "bargs is tupac" and "bosh is gay" as my favourite ever

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        Tanknation??? You really think the Raps are purposely holding back their personnel?
        I standby our previous discussion. I also wrote another post last night indicating that this was the first time I truly felt that the tank was sanctioned by Casey and how he employed his personnel.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          I standby our previous discussion. I also wrote another post last night indicating that this was the first time I truly felt that the tank was sanctioned by Casey and how he employed his personnel.
          That is a tough one for a coach.

On one hand, you know he wants to win.

On the other hand, until last night, Alabi had played just 21 minutes this year and the team has an option on him next season.

What do you do?

When the game was competitive in the first half, Alabi was a big part of that..... those are words I never thought I would string together when talking about Solo.

Comment

Casey has acknowledged tanking in the past. ESPN wrote an article about tanking and quoted team sources when a team was obvious about tanking.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...tell-the-truth

Here's a blurb from when Casey coached the Timberwolves:

2005-06 Minnesota Timberwolves
            The most spectacular tank job in recent memory occurred on April 19, 2006, in a Minnesota-Memphis game that is still a common punch line around the league.

Earlier that month, Chicago Tribune NBA writer Sam Smith had called out the Timberwolves and the league:

The NBA should take a look at this one in the interest of the game's integrity and paying customers. Minnesota needs to have one of the top 10 poorest records to keep its draft pick. Otherwise, it goes to the Clippers from the Sam Cassell-Marko Jaric deal.

In a 103-95 loss to the Jazz at home on Friday, Garnett sat out the fourth quarter after making all of his third-quarter shots. Garnett had 13 rebounds through three quarters, and Minnesota was outrebounded 18-6 in the fourth.

It's reminiscent of the game-throwing days before the draft lottery was started.

In the final game of the season, the Wolves sat Garnett and Ricky Davis, and then turned the game against Memphis into a joke by inserting Mark Madsen and letting him fire away. In six seasons, Madsen had made only one 3-pointer in nine attempts. But in that game he tossed up seven 3-pointers and missed them all -- they were his only 3-point attempts of the season. The Wolves lost the game in double overtime (Madsen started the second overtime with three 3-point bricks in less than a minute) and secured the draft pick.

After the game, Wolves coach Dwane Casey didn’t deny that the team was less than serious about winning the game: "The guys were having fun with it. For what we've been through this season, I thought the guys deserved it. I hope what we did didn't make a mockery of the game."

Was it a victimless crime? By securing a top-10 draft position, the Timberwolves prevented the Clippers from receiving the draft pick that became 2007 Rookie of the Year Brandon Roy (a future three-time All-Star whom the Wolves traded to Portland on draft night). And the Memphis win put the unfortunate Grizzlies (who also might have been motivated to lose the game) into a more difficult playoff bracket -- the Grizzlies started the postseason on the road and were swept by Dallas in the first round rather than having home-court advantage over a struggling Denver Nuggets team (which lost its first-round series to the Clippers).

On the flip side, the draft pick that did not go to the Clippers in 2006 eventually became the pick that allowed L.A. to acquire Chris Paul from New Orleans in 2011 -- and the Timberwolves will not get to use their own lottery pick this season, in part because of that infamous night in 2006.

... Casey has condoned tanking in the past. Can't see why he wouldn't do it now, especially if Bryan asked him to.

Comment

So what does Colangelo do next? Tell Casey to hit the training room come game time and disclose it to the public as a "lower body injury"?

Comment

RE the Utah-Wolves last game do we know whether the Jazz had their scrubs out as well? Utah was a considerably good team at that time and I find it to be surprising that the Wolves tied them (there was ot) when it is alleged that the Wolves purposely threw that game. Also, the Wolves could have thrown that game before it got to OT. It seems to me that both teams played their benches or Utah was dogging it with their Ateam. The first game discussed has more possibility of being a tank.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  So what does Colangelo do next? Tell Casey to hit the training room come game time and disclose it to the public as a "lower body injury"?
                  Triano's not busy lol

Comment

Working...
                  X