This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors To Clean House By July 1st?

Colangelo is shopping Hedo Turkoglu, Jose Calderon and Jarrett Jack with an eye toward making trades before July 1. The same source told me that a Turkoglu trade was already in the works and could happen by the draft.
    The Calderon and Jack discussions are moving more slowly, but over the past few days the Raptors have been pressing forward on those fronts as well.
    the Raptors believe that they’ll get a big in any sign-and-trade for Bosh
    Source: ESPN.com

Only a matter of time until that Hedo trade leaks out now..

Should make for some exciting times in the next few weeks!

Comment

Is anyone else getting really nervous?

Comment

I'm more excited than anything. Fingers crossed on defense coming back this way. Maybe they can swing something for Prince or Rip? Both Stuckey and Gordon aren't really true QBs on offense, maybe Hedo could handle the ball in Detroit more than here? The funny thing in all this is that the Raptors are trying to move both guys who kept the ball out of Hedo's hands.

Comment

This will probably be the biggest summer in franchise history.

Im really anxious to see who we're going to get.

Comment

Haha yea.. same here.

I feel like this summer is going to feel like Bryan is playing a video game and making all kinds of trades

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              This will probably be the biggest summer in franchise history.

Im really anxious to see who we're going to get.
              "Biggest Summer In Franchise History 2"

Let's hope the sequel does better than last summer's box office flop.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                Ummm .... ya. I certainly am. I'm trying to remain optimistic, but the "Debbie Downer" in me always expects the worst.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I'm more excited than anything. Fingers crossed on defense coming back this way. Maybe they can swing something for Prince or Rip? Both Stuckey and Gordon aren't really true QBs on offense, maybe Hedo could handle the ball in Detroit more than here? The funny thing in all this is that the Raptors are trying to move both guys who kept the ball out of Hedo's hands.
                  Ah yes, Mr. T for Technicals and Mr TO for Turnovers and Rip City that is what Hamilton is referred to by Pistons fans who have been wanting Dumars to ship him out of Detroit for at least the last three and maybe even four years. Hopefully BC isn't stupid enough to take him.

Then there is "I never have to make another stop in the playoffs again" Tayshun Prince who for his whole career has lived off of that one lucky block of Reggie Miller's shot. Another bum that hopefully BC will be only to glad to not led Dumars dump on the Raptors.

The Pistons have three players from last year's team worth going after.

1. Stuckey
                  2. Jarebko
                  3. B. Wallace who is now a free agent.

The rest are garbage.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Rip and Prince are better than anything the Raptors have had on the wing since Vince Carter. Calling both garbage is absolutely ridiculous. Both would fit the team far better than Hedo has.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                      What is there to be nervous about? I'm more nervous that the team we have now (minus Bosh) is the team we'll see in October.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Bryan Colangelo had damn better get it right this time. I'm nervous he'll trade Hedo for Peja Stojakovic, JJ for Derek Fisher, and Bosh for David Lee.

Honestly though, if Andrew Bynum is here come July, I couldn't care less about what happens with Hedo and Jose/Jack. Watching him in the Finals, wonky knee and all, makes me want him more and more. Obviously you want to make sure his knee isn't permanently damaged or anything, but how often do you get a chance to grab a young, 7-foot center who rebounds and plays defence as well as he does... I'm willing to take a chance.

Comment

Im really excited to see what this team looks like after the draft

Comment

wow, this is definitely the most hyped up off season in franchise history were the first rumours on hoopshype, espn is righting a bunch of articles on it.

i don't remeber last year being this hyped i don't even recall any american papers picking it up or making it as a big a deal as they are this year.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                              Bryan Colangelo had damn better get it right this time. I'm nervous he'll trade Hedo for Peja Stojakovic, JJ for Derek Fisher, and Bosh for David Lee.

Honestly though, if Andrew Bynum is here come July, I couldn't care less about what happens with Hedo and Jose/Jack. Watching him in the Finals, wonky knee and all, makes me want him more and more. Obviously you want to make sure his knee isn't permanently damaged or anything, but how often do you get a chance to grab a young, 7-foot center who rebounds and plays defence as well as he does... I'm willing to take a chance.
                              Actually a Hedo for Peja trade would be no where near the worst case scenario. Peja's contract comes off the books after next season, that's $15M off the books and a darn good trade asset to have leading up to the trade deadline.

Comment

Working...
                              X