Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone concerned that these guys can't get along? Would trading Jose make that worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone concerned that these guys can't get along? Would trading Jose make that worse?

*Would trading Jose "make" that (our chemistry) worse?

It seems like we are seeing in the media far too many instances where players, out of frustration, communicate their thoughts to the public, as opposed to behind closed doors.

It isn't that Turk is wrong in his assessment. It isn't that Wright was wrong in his. It is that these players need to communicate this to the coach and to the players. And it does not seem like they are comfortable doing so. I mean, it is hard on Turk, to constantly be told that he is a major part why the Raps have lost consecutively as of late, and not have a real response to that. However, telling the media that you are unhappy is not a good way to go about it.

I have serious concerns about chemistry on this team. If we ship out Jose and keep Turk will that keep the rest of the team happy? As far as I can tell everyone likes Jose, CB4 is comfortable with him out there. His defence is a problem given the makeup of our team, but he seems to effectively straddle the lines of communication between all players (subjective assessment, of course). And trades affect team chemistry also.

That said, if we trade Jose to help Turk, maybe it plants the suggestion that whining to the media means you get what you want. I just don't know - but all of these chemistry issues need to be sorted out before BC goes around trying to make major changes.
    Last edited by verbatim; Wed Jan 13, 2010, 01:47 PM.

Everything that has been said in the media is a result of bad coaching ... so the Raps should keep the coach. Makes perfect sense.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

we're lucky

There are a lot of teams around the league literally imploding due to bad chemistry... I think considering all the new players and strong personalities added to a very non-assertive core group, we should consider ourselves fairly lucky the team gets along as well as it does.

As for Jose, how can you even imply he's anything but the perfect teammate? He says and more importantly does all the right things - first guy to jump off his seat for a play, biggest team cheerleader, congratulates Jack even though he's starting, plays with heart and emotion, etc. etc.

Comment

Big silent,

That is my point. Jose is the team kind of guy that everyone does get along with. My question is that we are all talking about how we need to trade Jose - well, if we trade him, won't that completely mess up the chemistry? Even if it won't necessarily do so, we need to consider it when people talk about trading him.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
          Everything that has been said in the media is a result of bad coaching ... so the Raps should keep the coach. Makes perfect sense.
          Who mentioned the coaching? I didn't comment on whether we should keep him or not. (although we have to, for money reasons)

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
            Dave wrote: View Post
            Who mentioned the coaching? I didn't comment on whether we should keep him or not. (although we have to, for money reasons)
            Causation -- it's the common factor that's creating the unrest inside of the locker room.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Jose is a likeable guy, no? I would actually feel bad trading him.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
                Jose is a likeable guy, no? I would actually feel bad trading him.
                Yes he is. But imo his contract is a bit onerous (more so on the length). This, the makeup of the team and his publicized defensive shortcomings (exaggerated on this team) makes him a prime candidate for a swap of some kind.

He is a totally team guy (and one of few who stood up to Garnett once)...hard to find these days.

Comment

Working...
                X