Tyler Ennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Ennis

Now that Eric Bledsoe has resigned with Phoenix and I. Thomas and G. Drajic in the fold (not to mention the possibility of his younger brother joining the team), do you foresee the Raptors revisiting a possible trade for Tyler Ennis?

5 years and $70M.... wowzers.

That is a scary deal given he has yet to show he can get through a full season playing starters minutes.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      5 years and $70M.... wowzers.

That is a scary deal given he has yet to show he can get through a full season playing starters minutes.
      We'll see more and more scary deals leading up to the cap boom. Deals signed now are just damped out so much in the higher cap that player agents are going to be asking for everything up until the cap normalizes.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Phoenix dragged this out and still gave EB 5 years 70 mill ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          We'll see more and more scary deals leading up to the cap boom. Deals signed now are just damped out so much in the higher cap that player agents are going to be asking for everything up until the cap normalizes.
          I wouldn't question the deal had he managed to play 75 games or so last season. A healthy Bledsoe is worth that deal or at least pretty close, IMO.

Comment

If an injury prone Eric Bledsoe who played a solid 50 games and has no miniscus gets paid this much. I shudder at the thought of how much DD is going to get.

Comment

Saved about $3M a year off his max salary. Not nothing.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                If an injury prone Eric Bledsoe who played a solid 50 games and has no miniscus gets paid this much. I shudder at the thought of how much DD is going to get.
                Been saying since I saw the TV deal rumours - DD is getting $20M+ in that market unless the NBA does something drastic to dampen the cap.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  I wouldn't question the deal had he managed to play 75 games or so last season. A healthy Bledsoe is worth that deal or at least pretty close, IMO.
                  True - point is though, his value should have been depressed by that injury history - and other players who should have their value depressed for various reasons (injuries, skill level, age, etc) are going to see overpayments like this as well.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Craziness, but if it helps get Ennis here, beautiful!

Comment

Hypothetically if Phoenix offers us

Ennis, T.J Warren for Terrence Ross and filler

Would you accept?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        True - point is though, his value should have been depressed by that injury history - and other players who should have their value depressed for various reasons (injuries, skill level, age, etc) are going to see overpayments like this as well.
                        I'm not certain one is going to determine the other.

I really don't know and it is pure speculation one way or the other.

I was just thinking a Steph Curry situation was in order.... obviously not in this case.

I do believe Bledsoe/agent had much more leverage given Dragic is going to be UFAs after this season. If both those guys are gone next year that REALLY sets the franchise back.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Hypothetically if Phoenix offers us

Ennis, T.J Warren for Terrence Ross and filler

Would you accept?
                          That is a good question.

I lean towards yes but would like to see a few months of the season first.

Comment

A big reason why I'm so pissed at the Suns (I'm sure Masai and co. feel the same). They shouldn't have drafted Ennis in the first place. They already have 1 great point guard, a restricted free-agent potentially great point guard who's injury prone, then they signed Nate Robinson 2.0. Had Masai's plan of drafting Ennis with our pick then Bruno with a late first rounder (from Memphis reportedly) would have been a stroke of a genius, and the Raptors will finally have a legit Canadian and Torontonian prospect.

But Phoenix badly overpaid for Bledsoe. He's not proven yet, he can't stay healthy, they already have a much better point guard in Dragic and his style of play won't be very productive for 5 years.

Comment

lol Phoenix fucked this up. Ennis will not get time to develop there unless they trade Bledsoe (unlikely), Dragic (unlikely) or Thomas (they got him at a bargain, so they shouldn't). I think they should trade Ennis for a prospect that fits a need.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X