Training Camp Matchups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp Matchups

I remember reading something about DeMar playing against Ross during summer league and to see these two players duke it out was a sight to behold.

Which matchups behind the scenes would be interesting?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Lowry vs. Calderon! The athletic, tough, skilled PG versus the smart, experienced, pass-first PG. Also, Fields vs. Kleiza would be intriguing.. the battle for the starting 3!

Comment

Fields vs Kleiza. They'd both be laughing constantly but at different things. Fields when the ball bounces off Kleiza's forehead. Kleiza at broken bone ends sticking out of limbs.

Comment

Amir vs. Davis....until Davis is traded.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Fields vs Kleiza. They'd both be laughing constantly but at different things. Fields when the ball bounces off Kleiza's forehead. Kleiza at broken bone ends sticking out of limbs.
          Lol +1

Comment

I guess no one has really mentioned Kleiza as being a potential starter. 2 years ago the thought coming out of training camp was he was the best player in training camp. that was coming off a great showing at the worlds and before he destroyed his knee. I wonder what he will bring this season. He may be the biggest question mark

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
              ...He may be the biggest question mark
              Maybe he will turn out to be "The Answer!" :-)

Comment

Demar vs T Ross AND Bargnani vs JV

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                  I guess no one has really mentioned Kleiza as being a potential starter. 2 years ago the thought coming out of training camp was he was the best player in training camp. that was coming off a great showing at the worlds and before he destroyed his knee. I wonder what he will bring this season. He may be the biggest question mark
                  +1
                  i hope he shows us something, considering he's just reached 100%. Maybe having a fellow lithuanian bro on the team be good for him also.

Here's to hoping:

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
                    Demar vs T Ross AND Bargnani vs JV
                    What are JV and Andrea competing for?

Andrea will 100% be the starting PF, barring unjury - and Jonas will battle Amir/Gray for starting C.
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                      What are JV and Andrea competing for?

Andrea will 100% be the starting PF, barring unjury - and Jonas will battle Amir/Gray for starting C.
                      Ditto.

I doubt having JV guard an outside shooter who can also penetrate is a very high priority at such an early stage of his career.

Comment

i'm not talking about positional battles. They will be guarding each other in practice, I would like to see how JV is at defending a player of Bargnani's skill set in the post; how Bargs responds to the rookie bumping and battling him down low, and how bargnani does containing JV around the basket.

Comment

I can not see how guarding a Bargnani would be beneficial to J-V. Bargnani has too many weapons for a raw rookie.

I think guarding Aaron Gray/Amir Johnston would tell a lot more about how NBA-ready he is defensively.
                          Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

the most important matchup has to be ed davis vs amir johnson.

they pretty much do the same thing on the court. one of them has to step up and play a huge role on this team. and the other needs to be shipped off along with jose calderon for a piece that we can actually use to help this team get to the next level.

theres no point in having both of them on this roster with quincy acy, aaron gray, jamal magloire (maybe), andrea bargnani and jonas valanciounas. having 6 or 7 pf/c's on a roster is not logical.
                            http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

I think Amir vs. JV should be interesting. No facts to back this up, but I'm guessing JV did not face a lot of pogo-stick kind of players like Amir overseas. I think JV probably has more experience guarding Aaron Gray-style players and will need to learn how to contend with the uber-athletes in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X