Kanter rejects Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

The problem there is that, given that he's already sat out a year and spent his last season of amateur ball facing below-average competition, it's likely that one more year on the sidelines would make Kanter a far less intriguing prospect. Teams like potential, but they also like proven results, and Kanter's draft profile in 2012 would be based on one stellar performance in the Nike Hoop Summit two years prior with nothing substantive to follow

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp3627
    as I have said numerous times on this board - his agent has been hiding him since that one game at the nike summit. He drank 9 rebulls and preformed better than expected. This guy is totally over rated. Drafting him would be a huge mistake. He has done nothing and I mean nothing to show he would even dominate the NCAA (which he also did not show up to play in)
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

This is irrelevant, if hes still on the board hes in Toronto simple as that, you cannot choose where you wanna go in the draft and this is some ESPN bullshit propaganda as usual.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
        And to put credibility in the hands of a writer who says that DC is a much larger
        Market than all the others listed...obviously does not check his facts since Toronto is the fourth largest market, and it 'ain't behind DC'.
        ummm whats the basketball watching/participating size in Toronto vs Washington? Cause I hardly think a puckhead that refuses to watch basketball or is willing to even spend a dime and go near the ACC when the leafs aren't there are exactly in a teams/players/agents target market.

Maybe someone else should get their "facts" straight before they start spewing off numbers CTV or the TSN would use as opposed to the NBA, a team, an agent or Nike when they offer endorsement deals.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
          ummm whats the basketball watching/participating size in Toronto vs Washington? Cause I hardly think a puckhead that refuses to watch basketball or is willing to even spend a dime and go near the ACC when the leafs aren't there are exactly in a teams/players/agents target market.

Maybe someone else should get their "facts" straight before they start spewing off numbers CTV or the TSN would use as opposed to the NBA, a team, an agent or Nike when they offer endorsement deals.
          http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
          These are the facts. Every year Toronto is in the playoffs we have way more sales than Washington. I guess you can say that we're fair-weather fans, but we are a significantly larger market.

Comment

dballa21 wrote: View Post
            http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
            These are the facts. Every year Toronto is in the playoffs we have way more sales than Washington. I guess you can say that we're fair-weather fans, but we are a significantly larger market.
            ok so let me get this straight... its attendance record that is the only useful demographic to use? (which by the Wiz were ahead of the Raps this season in average attendance and in a "smaller market" which makes for a much more dense market. They have been ahead of Toronto just as often as they have been behind Toronto for atleast 6 years.)

When people talk markets you need to understand... target market (and this is very diverse depending on who happens to be selling what), market density, market affordability.

Toronto has a perfectly acceptable market size and alot of fans who can afford the product. Thats why there will always be a team here... enough people and enough people who can pay a fair to high amount of money. However, the market is limited in its target market AND is limited in its geography. A team like washington is a smaller raw market, but a larger target market. It does have a less wealthy market. However, their geography does not meet the same limitations Toronto does.... that is they are much more likely to get national viewership than Toronto will be. Therefore companies such as nike/gatorade etc are much more willing to give endorsement money to those players and players are much more likely to be attracted to them because they can get their face out there.

But sure, every year that Toronto is in the playoffs they a higher attendance is what really shows a "market".

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
              as I have said numerous times on this board - his agent has been hiding him since that one game at the nike summit. He drank 9 rebulls and preformed better than expected. This guy is totally over rated. Drafting him would be a huge mistake. He has done nothing and I mean nothing to show he would even dominate the NCAA (which he also did not show up to play in)
              Again, you're just making stuff up. Please stop it.
              He participated in the Chicago Draft Combine with EVERY other Rookie. Except Irving. This is actually very rare for a player to skip it altogether. So what, is Irving hiding something? Common Chalz. You must have a good one for this.. no?

Comment

To be fair, I don't think Kanter had the option of skipping the workout, he even said it himself in his interview, he needed to show what he has. Irving has a solid body of work.

Teams are taking a risk on him as it is, you and I may think its a good risk, but never the less there is no body of work to judge him on, just hype, and hearsay (hopefully its all correct, but unfortunately none of us will know till he plays a game in the league).
                Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sat May 21, 2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Kanter you bitch let's work things out!
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Kanter you bitch let's work things out!
                    Kanter is a ....................18 year old euro who thinks hes top shit, when he hasn't proven anything, ......... this dude hes a ................ and .............ESPN.
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun May 22, 2011, 11:55 AM. Reason: senseless profanity
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Issue here is BC has said time and time again he wants players that WANT to play here. This does not bode well for him getting drafted here.

The way I see it, there's really only one option left: Roofies.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If Kanter is pulling a diva, or his agent is, its a little out step and counter to the "individual" I thought Kanter was supposed to be. (my compass is pointing to Walker at this point)

Comment

4th largest "MARKET" .. or did you mean 4th largest city size??

Here's what Dime Magazine is saying about Toronto..

http://dimemag.com/2009/07/accept-it...ket-franchise/

Maleko wrote: View Post
                          And to put credibility in the hands of a writer who says that DC is a much larger
                          Market than all the others listed...obviously does not check his facts since Toronto is the fourth largest market, and it 'ain't behind DC'.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Holy crap. It's amazing how fans can overreact. First of all, it's most likely the agent that orchestrated this. Not Kanter. And as has been discussed, it probably has to do with wanting him to be drafted by a team where he will be able to have a good chance to start. The agent obviously feels that Toronto already has Bargnani, so don't need a center. Little do they apparently know that center is the team's biggest need and Bargnani is probably gone this summer.

Also, Kanter has planned a later interview with Utah, so this article is not telling the whole story. Shocking, isn't it.

But let's all jump to conclusions based on nothing but rumour and hearsay. That's the norm, isn't it?
                            I don't believe that. Toronto fans don't understand the negative ramifications that come with booing every player who has a rough stint in Toronto. Don't get me wrong, I think Hedo deserves to be boo'd, but now we may be losing a really good draft pick because he probably doesn't like how the fans treated his fellow countrymen. Whatever, we got big Ed holdin it down anyways so who really cares.

Comment

How many times were the Raptors on ESPN, TNT or ABC last season? Three? Four?
                              LOL, at the writers reasoning.

The complexity of distribution between TNT, ESPN and a huge Canadian viewership, has little to do with Toronto being a small market. I agree it sucks the way TV markets are drawn up, and Toronto is the victim of this divide.

However this has nothing to do with the size of this market. His argument would have made much more sense if he isolated the real reason instead of blowing a lot of hot air towards our city.
                              Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sat May 21, 2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                                I don't believe that. Toronto fans don't understand the negative ramifications that come with booing every player who has a rough stint in Toronto. Don't get me wrong, I think Hedo deserves to be boo'd, but now we may be losing a really good draft pick because he probably doesn't like how the fans treated his fellow countrymen. Whatever, we got big Ed holdin it down anyways so who really cares.

Too bad for him. Welcome to professional sports, if you are small minded, and think that Toronto booed Hedo for being Turkish, than there is little that can be done to bridge that gap in your understanding.

If Kanter is this small minded, and petty than I don't want him on this squad.

(if that is the real reason, than his mental measurements are not coming in too strong)

Toronoto paid Hedo his biggest contract of his career, and the fans welcomed his addition. His effort and play can certainly be questioned, just like any other pro athlete.
                                Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sat May 21, 2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X