Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: "Lots of teams are calling Toronto about Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    One of the major reasons to trade Jose apart for the salary relief is that he is going to be one busy hombre this off season with the Olympics and one wonders what physical toll it will take come next season. I believe he is a luxury we can withstand for the potential return at this time. This would be a move for the long term and for the best return on this asset.
    TRUE, makes sense. I just like his veteran "style" leadership and his decision making. Long Term maybe not, BUT I see Jose as the type of PG the Raps would trade for so I woudl vote to just keep him...
    Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

The Fox wrote: View Post
      TRUE, makes sense. I just like his veteran "style" leadership and his decision making. Long Term maybe not, BUT I see Jose as the type of PG the Raps would trade for so I woudl vote to just keep him...

jose isn't the type of player you trade to make a trade. you need an equivalent back up plan when you move him. if the offers aren't good enough by deadline you keep him until draft and if on draft they still aren't good enough you ride him into next year as a 10 million expiring. with jose we hold all the leverage in trades. he is just as valuable to us next year in the pick and roll as he is to a contender this year with pg troubles. we are in a great position in regards to him.

i just posted in the nash forum and i think in the summer the only reason you trade jose is if nash is guaranteed to be coming to toronto. if not he would be the best option heading into training camp for us anyway.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        jose isn't the type of player you trade to make a trade. you need an equivalent back up plan when you move him. if the offers aren't good enough by deadline you keep him until draft and if on draft they still aren't good enough you ride him into next year as a 10 million expiring. with jose we hold all the leverage in trades. he is just as valuable to us next year in the pick and roll as he is to a contender this year with pg troubles. we are in a great position in regards to him.

i just posted in the nash forum and i think in the summer the only reason you trade jose is if nash is guaranteed to be coming to toronto. if not he would be the best option heading into training camp for us anyway.
        Well said.

Comment

As an admitted hater of Calderon and Bargnani's defense in the past, I don't want to lose them now no matter what the offer is. By around this time next year, I will be saying the same thing about Demar.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Sell high on Jose? Damn right. This season has been like a miracle for Jose's value as a trade asset. Let's not forget that some people were talking about using the amniesty clause on Jose when the season began, and how he should be backing up Bayless. We should be crossing our fingers that he doesn't pull his annual hammy before BC can pull the trigger on a deal.

Trade Jose (and/or Barbosa/Amir/Kleiza/Demar/Bayless) for the highest/most #1 draft picks & cap relief that you can get. Do this yesterday.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              God I'd love to be a fly on the wall in BC's office and hear the actual offers
              you know that saying is used so often and i'm pretty sure a fly doesn't have ears and doesn't understand english. but, even if we pretend it does you'd get swatted or raided and you can't speak nor can you type. plus, flies live for like 2 days.

however, i'd love to have one of those secret recorder fake flies like in the movies.

tou could also buy one of those sonar things and try to get close enough to listen in.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                you know that saying is used so often and i'm pretty sure a fly doesn't have ears and doesn't understand english. but, even if we pretend it does you'd get swatted or raided and you can't speak nor can you type. plus, flies live for like 2 days.

however, i'd love to have one of those secret recorder fake flies like in the movies.
                haha

Comment

Teams Still Calling About Il Mago, Colangelo Still Not Listening

Andre Bargnani’s name gets mentioned a lot with the Raptors, but league sources say the Raptors continue to turn away offers on Bargs. The belief is he was a borderline All-Star this year before getting hurt, and once he is paired with this year’s first round pick Jonas Valančiūnas next year he’ll get even better.
                  Source: Hoopsworld.com

Comment

I think that has more to do with the offers Colangelo has been receiving for Bargnani than anything else. If the right offer comes along I'm sure he'd have to think about it. I'm sure he could be playing by now if BC wanted him to, but preserving the memory of how well he played prior to injury in onther GM's mind is just as good leverage as anything else.

Comment

The thing is, who's going to be higher on Bargnani than Colangelo?... I think the correct answer (after what we have seen in a small sample this season) is no one outside Bargnani's immediate family. So... Who's going to offer Colangelo a deal where he feels it knocks his socks off?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        The thing is, who's going to be higher on Bargnani than Colangelo?... I think the correct answer (after what we have seen in a small sample this season) is no one outside Bargnani's immediate family. So... Who's going to offer Colangelo a deal where he feels it knocks his socks off?
                        We assume Colangelo is madly in love with Bargnani, but maybe....just maybe, Colangelo is capable of evaluating Bargnani without letting personal biases affect his judgement (wishful thinking, I know).

Comment

Bargnani is young and he was having a breakout season but he doesn't have a long track record of high performance though. That means Colangelo more than likely isn't getting what he feels is full market price for a guy of Bargnani's talents and production. It's not even about bias, it's about the affect of perceived risk by the market. It's probably also about deviating from the plan and I think Bargnani is probably all over the blueprints of what Colangelo wants to build. This brings me back to my last post. To trade a big piece of the plan he would probably need an offer that would knock his socks off but how is he going to get that when Bargnani doesn't have a large window of history playing at his current level? He's played like an all-star this season but what team is going to trade a star for him who isn't an older vet? I'm sure the Celtics would ship out Garnett or Pierce today for him but what sense is that?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Bargnani is young and he was having a breakout season but he doesn't have a long track record of high performance though. That means Colangelo more than likely isn't getting what he feels is full market price for a guy of Bargnani's talents and production. It's not even about bias, it's about the affect of perceived risk by the market. It's probably also about deviating from the plan and I think Bargnani is probably all over the blueprints of what Colangelo wants to build. This brings me back to my last post. To trade a big piece of the plan he would probably need an offer that would knock his socks off but how is he going to get that when Bargnani doesn't have a large window of history playing at his current level? He's played like an all-star this season but what team is going to trade a star for him who isn't an older vet? I'm sure the Celtics would ship out Garnett or Pierce today for him but what sense is that?
                            off topic but i cant see the celtics trading pierce. i think he is going to be a lifer and i hope he is. good to see that in todays game every now and then.

Comment

He's been in rumors all over the place. Their big trio are all 34 plus years in age and their one diamond who you'd think is a long term guy is clashing with their head coach. A rebuild is on the horizon and he has some value right now. In a couple seasons his value will be little. This is the Boston Celtics we're talking about here. They haven't had real loyalty to players in 20 years.

Comment

i can see ray allen getting moved, but i don't see much interest in garnett. pierce to the clips makes too much sense so it'll never happen.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X