Rondo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rondo??

If and when Garnett, Allen and Pierce retire (and I have a hunch they'll likely do it around the same time..) it will drastically change the face of Boston. Hypothetically, if it were to break up this summer do you think Toronto has the assets it might take to pry Rondo away?
    I had read somewhere that Rondo has a bit of an attitude and actually had some problems in Boston this year. If the big three were no more is it possible that he might want out?
    Price would be steep I'm sure... Bargnani, Demar and our first and second rounder maybe?

He was rumoured to almost be traded throughout the season, especially at the deadline.

I think people suggested something like Calderon, DD, JJ and the first pick or something like that.

I don't see Rondo as the best player on a winning team and dont think we should gut our team for him.

Comment

Not to be argumentative, but is he not the best player on a team that's potentially about to advance to the finals? Obviously the big three are a force, but when I've watched this Heat/Celtics series I've been noticing Rondo as the biggest difference maker on the floor. I'd be hesitant to include both Bargnani and Demar, but I don't think they'd even pick up the phone unless both Bargnani and the pick were on the table.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
        Not to be argumentative, but is he not the best player on a team that's potentially about to advance to the finals? Obviously the big three are a force, but when I've watched this Heat/Celtics series I've been noticing Rondo as the biggest difference maker on the floor. I'd be hesitant to include both Bargnani and Demar, but I don't think they'd even pick up the phone unless both Bargnani and the pick were on the table.
        Actually you are being argumentative, which is a good thing. If everyone agreed on everything, or you just said oh, ok whatever and did not answer the forums would be pretty pointless, don't you think? :P

Back to the argument, Personally I dont think Rondo is the best player.
        At most I would say Rondo, Pierce, Allen, and KG are 1a/1b/1c/1d.
        Without a team of players who all can score, essentially at will I believe he will struggle.

If we do trade DD, Bargs and our pick our team would look something like this. (Assuming no other trades)

Rondo
        Forbes
        JJ
        Davis
        Val

There is a large difference between Rondo leading the Current Celtics team and our projected team.

PS. Another thing to consider about Rondo against the heat, is the heats lack of a great PG. I honestly do not know, but I would encourage you or someone to check his stats, or his performance against better Pg's.

Comment

yeah im pretty sure rondo is the best player on a winning team
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

you can tell because last year the celtics got manhandled by the heat while he had a mashed up elbow
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

to get rondo we have to give them our entire roster

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                to get rondo we have to give them our entire roster
                Rondo did not get much love from Trader Matt and other posters in http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ston-would-you

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                  Rondo did not get much love from Trader Matt and other posters in http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ston-would-you
                  Is that me? Trader Matt?

There is no doubt Rondo is a talent and arguably one of the best - if not the best - PG's in the league. There is no questioning his talent and what he can do to help your team win. But what if your team is not winning (i.e. deep playoff runs)? Or what happens if he doesn't not get his way?

He is a player who is temperamental and moody with a coach like Doc Rivers and 3 HOF veterans like PP, KG, and Allen.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    But what if your team is not winning (i.e. deep playoff runs)? Or what happens if he doesn't not get his way?
                    Man, an uncertain future sure looks scary from your perspective.

What if, what if, .... to which I respond Rondo is a better player than Gay, on a much more favorable contract and, seeing him play, a stronger commitment to do everything possible to win.

That's exactly the type of player I would like the Raptors (and Cavaliers) to acquire.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                      Man, an uncertain future sure looks scary from your perspective.

What if, what if, .... to which I respond Rondo is a better player than Gay, on a much more favorable contract and, seeing him play, a stronger commitment to do everything possible to win.

That's exactly the type of player I would like the Raptors (and Cavaliers) to acquire.
                      The reason I asked the questions is because it has already happened in Boston with a no-nonsense coach and 3 HOF who are each almost or are 10 years older than him. These are what if questions moving forward because there was no what if in the past.

With is immense talent, why would Boston consider trading him versus build around him? You do not trade that kind of talent with out just cause - especially when on a bargain contract.

Rondo is a great talent when happy. If he was always popping happy pills, then sign me up.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        The reason I asked the questions is because it has already happened in Boston with a no-nonsense coach and 3 HOF who are each almost or are 10 years older than him. These are what if questions moving forward because there was no what if in the past.

With is immense talent, why would Boston consider trading him versus build around him? You do not trade that kind of talent with out just cause - especially when on a bargain contract.

Rondo is a great talent when happy. If he was always popping happy pills, then sign me up.
                        His "Mood swings" are worst than my wife's.
                        Last edited by Mapko; Sun Jun 10, 2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                          His "Mood swings" are worst than my wife's.
                          Unfortunately not mine.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                            Unfortunately not mine.
                            Too funny.

Comment

Rondo is SICK. That being said I would snatch him in an instant if a deal that didn't mean we had to gut our whole team presented itself. How about:

Calderon + Ed Davis + 8th pick + 2nd Rounder

I would do this. Not a bad deal for Boston too.
                              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Working...
                              X