Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Windmill @1:38 OMG

Followed by the easiest between the legs I've ever seen, followed by a 360... Dude is freakish. But we knew that already. I would've wanted to see a bit more of his jump shot. Which did look decent in this video.

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Why are you saying that like it's surprising?
    I'm actually pretty surprised by this video. While its easy to find a few shots that he hit in a workout, most of them were 3 in a row from distance. The form on his shot is ugly though. I'm a little less against drafting him after seeing this. And these videos very rarely ever sway me.

Comment

• Shot form is ugly, but his release is perfect. He has shooter's touch if you look at the rotation on the basketball when it leaves his hands, and his release is very quick.

Has all the makings of being an elite shooter in the NBA. K-Mart has an ugly shot too (even uglier than LaVine's... by a lot actually) but is a career 38.5% shooter from the arc.

Comment

• LaVine is my 1st choice amongst the "realistic prospects" (i.e. guys that can fall out of the top-10/lottery and could be drafted outright or traded up for without too much difficulty). Tons of upside. Already has an NBA skill with his three-point shooting ability, and has freakish athleticism (would it be a stretch to say that he's more athletic than DeRozan AND Ross... easily?)

I'd like to get him and groom him in a combo role behind Lowry. Basically taking Vasquez's spot. I think his elite lateral quickness gives him more potential as a defender too. I like the idea of sticking him on the John Walls and Russell Westbrooks of the world cause he looks to be one of the few guys who can match their explosiveness and quickness.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Another physical imposing player at PF. Starting to get pretty obvious what kind of PF Masai and Casey want next to Jv
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• LaVine is interesting as a SG prospect, and a little scary as a PG prospect. I consider his length and athleticism elite at PG, but he doesn't have the passing instincts to play the position. At SG, he's a little small, though he could make up for it with his crazy athleticism. And he CAN shoot, so that's always a plus. If you're looking to move DD and run Ross/Lavine with Lavine taking some spot backup PG minutes, I could see that. A lot of defensive potential there.

If you see him as a SG, I'm on board. If you are hoping for PG production from him, I'm a little wary.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I am really intrigued by LaVine but I just read somewhere that he likes taking those long 2's to avoid contact in the paint. Sounds familiar.. and if this is true I'd pass on him personally.

Athleticism is great and all.. but if you only use it for wide open dunks than what's the point?

Comment

• Actually I really like LaVine and would be pretty thrilled if he fell to us with the 20th pick. I don't think he'll be there though because freak atheletes are really attractive because they will always have an edge over the competition. It's just a matter of getting them to conrol their abilities. John Wall is a great example of this because he always has a speed and quickness edge, and this year he really started to blossom after showing he can control those abilities.

All the best players in the league are in some way freak atheletes and have an edge over their competition (centres are the exception sometimes). That's why I'm not so excited about some of the names I'm hearing that we may draft. They have a chance at being solid but not usually exceptional.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Actually I really like LaVine and would be pretty thrilled if he fell to us with the 20th pick. I don't think he'll be there though because freak atheletes are really attractive because they will always have an edge over the competition. It's just a matter of getting them to conrol their abilities. John Wall is a great example of this because he always has a speed and quickness edge, and this year he really started to blossom after showing he can control those abilities.

All the best players in the league are in some way freak atheletes and have an edge over their competition (centres are the exception sometimes). That's why I'm not so excited about some of the names I'm hearing that we may draft. They have a chance at being solid but not usually exceptional.
                  That's not true. Maybe most, but not "all".

Steph Curry, Kevin Love, Melo, Aldridge, Al Jefferson, Dirk, etc. None of these guys are freak athletes (or even above-average ones by NBA standards for the most part)

Comment

• I want to see Lavine do that in a set with someone on him then I will be impressed. The kid hates contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      I want to see Lavine do that in a set with someone on him then I will be impressed. The kid hates contact

To test his athleticism, he must dunk on a Manimal!
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        That's not true. Maybe most, but not "all".

Steph Curry, Kevin Love, Melo, Aldridge, Al Jefferson, Dirk, etc. None of these guys are freak athletes (or even above-average ones by NBA standards for the most part)
                        Fair enough. I was thinking along the lines of the elite players of the league, but yes there are plenty of good players without the freakish atheletecism. I just think it's a feature that people look for on draft day, but what do I know.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                          To test his athleticism, he must dunk on a Manimal!
                          Was it me, or were all of his ball-handling in sets heavily right hand dominant?

There's no one there to defend and yet kid barely dribbled the ball with his left.

Comment

• A player dunking when no one is around doesn't impress me. Why couldn't he use that athleticism to be more productive?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Why are you saying that like it's surprising?
                              I've just heard a lot of negatives about him that's why. But I'm going to try my best to take this video with a grain of salt. If it's true that he hates contact then this video does nothing to help that case because no one is guarding him
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Yup we need to focus on making smart, long-term moves. Tired of BC-era, swing for the fences on an average player only to screw the team over long-term (JO trade cost us Hibbert, Hedo signing killed our cap, etc)

Going out and splurging on a Luol Deng or Trevor Ariza because Ross and DeRozan couldn't guard Joe Johnson would be incredibly short-sighted and foolish.

Draft a SF or get a cheap vet like Carter. Or maybe a cheap young guy like Aminu.
                                Tired of BC-era too, but I hope you know BC already promised Batum before he traded to pick away to IND. IND basically told TOR to pick Hibbert for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X