No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now You Like Me Now You Don't Paradox (Bargnani)

I can't help but to notice opinions forming by people who promised themselves they would not form them. When Bargnani was out, raptors nation basically had torches and pitchforks walking towards the seven footer, promising ourselves that when he came back to not be deceived by quality play, and to only let him increase his trade value. Now, after a couple games, people are returning to the more conservative-minded thoughts of "Oh well he is a valuable piece and we can't trade him now".

Where do you guys stand on trading him now?

Comment

• northgrantballer wrote: View Post
      I can't help but to notice opinions forming by people who promised themselves they would not form them. When Bargnani was out, raptors nation basically had torches and pitchforks walking towards the seven footer, promising ourselves that when he came back to not be deceived by quality play, and to only let him increase his trade value. Now, after a couple games, people are returning to the more conservative-minded thoughts of "Oh well he is a valuable piece and we can't trade him now".

Where do you guys stand on trading him now?
      Same post as above:

Bargnani continues to prove the theory of the fine line between love and hate.

I want to cheer for him. Deep down I actually want him to stay in Toronto because I know he can be a very good player to add to the mix - especially off the bench. But I can't do it because we've been down this road waaaaay too many times. The bar keeps getting lowered and he impresses for a while until we have to lower the bar again. There will come a time when he gets bored or whatever it is that causes the switch to flip to OFF and I am not sure the bar can get much lower than it currently is for a guy making $11M/$12M the next 2 years. Plus, I think we are at the point where we can wonder if he is injury prone.

It is with a heavy heart I type #tradeBargnani despite the satisfaction from the last 2 games.

Comment

• Brutal contract + age. I'm worried. I say no to Boozer.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Bargnani continues to prove he the theory of the fine line between love and hate.

I want to cheer for him. Deep down I actually want him to stay in Toronto because I know he can be a very good player to add to the mix - especially off the bench. But I can't do it because we've been down this road waaaaay too many times. The bar keeps getting lowered and he impresses for a while until we have to lower the bar again. There will come a time when he gets bored or whatever it is that causes the switch to flip to OFF and I am not sure the bar can get much lower than it currently is for a guy making $11M/$12M the next 2 years. Plus, I think we are at the point where we can wonder if he is injury prone.

It is with a heavy heart I type #tradeBargnani despite the satisfaction from the last 2 games.
          +1 i feel for the guy but i think it is time to move on.

Comment

• I say make a push for Big Al. Utah is looking super mediocre right now and i think they want Favours or Kanter starting at the 5 and develop them for the future. We, as fans shouldn't worry about money, BC will resign him to some crazy big ass contract but it will be worth it.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Same post as above:

Bargnani continues to prove the theory of the fine line between love and hate.

This is a different team, bargnani is no longer the first option, and he's coming off the bench. I think he can flourish in this role, we owe it to ourselves to see how this plays out. That means throwing the whole 'addition by subtraction argument' out the window and only trading bargnani when a deal that improves the team presents itself. Until then enjoy having a very skilled offensive big coming off the bench.

Time to call off the witch hunt.
              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• Something like this:
                http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=agqpbmt

not sure Utah would do it tho

Comment

• Or we hang on to bargs and trade him for a backup PG and some picks. Then in the off season we offer Millsap or Big Al a huge contract

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    This is a different team, bargnani is no longer the first option, and he's coming off the bench. I think he can flourish in this role, we owe it to ourselves to see how this plays out. That means throwing the whole 'addition by subtraction argument' out the window and only trading bargnani when a deal that improves the team presents itself. Until then enjoy having a very skilled offensive big coming off the bench.

Time to call off the witch hunt.
                    Eh i agree to some extent. Although his contract is too big to keep him as a bench player long term, we're going to have to move him sooner or later

Comment

• Bargnani's gotta go. Two decent shooting games do not negate the previous 7 years.

Here's a trade I would love:

Utah: Bargnani, Derozan
                      Toronto: Milsap, Mo Williams

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Utah might do this trade if they don't want to pay Milsap what he'll get in free agency. Still, Favors is their guy at PF, so I'm not sure how they would feel about a three man rotation with Bargnani coming off the bench. As for Derozan, Utah is desperate for scoring on the wing, though it would depend how they view Derozan's value post contract extension.

From Toronto's perspective, this trade would obviously by contingent on Milsap signing an extension (Mo could walk at the end of the season and I still love this deal). Even if we slightly overpay for Milsap, better to pay him 12-14M a season, than Bargnani and Derozan 20-22 combined.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        +1 i feel for the guy but i think it is time to move on.
                        Moving on is what has happened with the addition of RG. With Rudy clearly taking on the top dog role there is no longer the confusion with what is expected from Andrea. That is why I changed my stance on Andrea. The team has evolved since the trade and now Bargs isn't going to be throwing up 20+ shots a game. He understands his clearly defined expectations and is confident he can bring a lot of value playing within his abilities. His game is now a good fit for this team where in the past he was encouraged to do more than he was capable of. I can actually see his all around game improving as the pressure is released and his confidence gets stronger.

Comment

• Fickle group these Raptor fans! When others were calling for his head I felt he could still contribute if the role was changed.

Two games doesn't prove me right but I am sure of this he can contribute some time somewhere. Toronto better get something good in return if they do let him go!
                          Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                            Give whatever excuse you want, but booing a specific Raptor who is coming back from an injury is completely classless. I thought it was embarrassing for the Raptors' fans.
                            Yup.
                            Anyone who boos the home team or any of its players has zero class and is acting like a douche whether he wants to admit it or not.
                            Anyone who wonders why this is so, or needs an explanation as to why the "i paid for my ticket therefore I can do whatever the hell I want" argument is just irresponsible and immature. Yeah I said it

"I PAID for my ticket so I can do whatever I want!" --- f*%ck outta here!

Comment

• StaytheCourse wrote: View Post
                              Fickle group these Raptor fans! When others were calling for his head I felt he could still contribute if the role was changed.

Two games doesn't prove me right but I am sure of this he can contribute some time somewhere. Toronto better get something good in return if they do let him go!
                              This what Ive been trying to say as well. It seems a lot of these Raps fans get so emotional that they lose focus on the bigger picture.
                              Like people have been saying, this is a new team and Bargs has a new role. We shouldnt just get rid of the guy just for the sake of getting rid of him. He might still contribute to this team and who knows, he might just prove all the haters wrong.

Comment

• Honestly I didn't think he played that great. I absolutely HATE when he leaves his man to go chase someone and attempt a double team. It always fails and they easily get it to his man for the easy bucket. The best part of his game last night was that he didn't shoot 20 times. #tradebargnani

Comment

Working...
                                X