Raptors 96 vs Bobcats 101 F Postgame thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors 96 vs Bobcats 101 F Postgame thread

What a crappy finish. Overall I though Bargs played great and Weems is showing a lot of flashes of brilliance.

Highlights
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Nov 11, 2010, 02:48 AM.

Wallace was outstanding early and Thomas was a beast when it counted, which is more than we can about, ??

Jack cannot pass into traffic.

Evans would have been happier playing in the pre-Jordan era. Hip pointer? Will he be available in FL?

Maybe it will be Alibi time vs the Heat and Magic

Wright played very good on both ends of the floor

Weems played a very good game on the offense end. He played under control.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Jack leaves his feet too often, and it usually leads to turnovers.

I mean, we didn't get blown out.. I guess that's a plus. Probably going to have to come to expect games like this, we have nobody to come up big late in games.. I say this again, let Barbosa go for his surgery.. What if he just fucks it up more by continuing to play while injured? We're not going anywhere this season. If we were competing, it'd be a different story.

Comment

As a quick aside, I was listening to the post game and I heard that suck up Paul Jones blather about the same nonsense that Doug Smith says, about the OK Thunder not being that great because "How are they going to pay all of those guys?" mantra. That's about the biggest amount of horse---- I've heard and it's stuff like that, especially after a loss like this, that makes me think that the Raptor media has no respect for the fans (especially after Doug Smith's gawdawful "Just go to the games to see that WOW moment and that should be enough" article.

I would like for Paul Jones to tell me why being in that situation is a BAD thing? Oh no, too much talent, how can the guy who owns Starbucks possibly pay all of these guys? I wonder where he'll get the money?

Oh and by the way, if you don't wanna use that team, how about Boston, a team that 5 yrs ago sucked, had a rep for not being friendly to African Americans and had no talent, yet they made bold moves, got a little lucky and spent over the cap and now they have a powerhouse team? I mean, we're "White Vegas" so theoretically, Toronto should be able to do what most teams can do and there should be no perceived handicap.

I'm just tired of the media making excuses for this team and for this GM and for this coach. I get it, they are bad and it comes down to the players, but if you aren't going to fire the coach, then you have to look at the GM, who put together this talent/snuff film.

As for this game... I'll forgive the GM if he just goes and puts a For Sale sign on the 2 point guards and Bargnani and just gets cap space.

Comment

I'm sure I'll get killed for saying it, but really that was the best possible outcome for this game. A close loss, some stretches of good play both individually and as a team, and we're one game closer to a top-5 pick. All I'm looking for from this season is to see who, if anyone, can develop the kind of consistency that you need to bring in order to be a starter on a playoff team. I don't care about their record, I just care about finding out who's worth keeping and who's worth leveraging for more picks or young talent. If you can do that AND get a statistically better shot at a potential future all-star, then I'm happy.

They're not beating Orlando, Miami or Chicago for the next 3-4 years at the very least (and Boston for as long as they last) unless the team undergoes a rebuild and finds it's own stars through the draft. Or lands Chris Paul somehow. Those are about the only to ways I see it happening.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
            I'm sure I'll get killed for saying it, but really that was the best possible outcome for this game. A close loss, some stretches of good play both individually and as a team, and we're one game closer to a top-5 pick. All I'm looking for from this season is to see who, if anyone, can develop the kind of consistency that you need to bring in order to be a starter on a playoff team. I don't care about their record, I just care about finding out who's worth keeping and who's worth leveraging for more picks or young talent. If you can do that AND get a statistically better shot at a potential future all-star, then I'm happy.

They're not beating Orlando, Miami or Chicago for the next 3-4 years at the very least (and Boston for as long as they last) unless the team undergoes a rebuild and finds it's own stars through the draft. Or lands Chris Paul somehow. Those are about the only to ways I see it happening.
            Scratch that last suggestion and you have a reasonable post.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
              Scratch that last suggestion and you have a reasonable post.
              Yeah we're not getting Paul, if that's what you were referring to; was intended to be a joke.

Comment

Weems needs to get paid. He's on his last year of his contract and is making 854k.
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Nov 11, 2010, 04:45 AM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  Weems needs to get paid. He's on his last year of his contract and is making 854k.
                  SOnny Weems needs to play like that a lot more consistently first.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

Weems will have his good games, but until he can shoot smartly and play offense properly (not just shooting and jogging around with the ball) he shouldn't be making more than a few million a year.

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                      As a quick aside, I was listening to the post game and I heard that suck up Paul Jones blather about the same nonsense that Doug Smith says, about the OK Thunder not being that great because "How are they going to pay all of those guys?" mantra. That's about the biggest amount of horse---- I've heard and it's stuff like that, especially after a loss like this, that makes me think that the Raptor media has no respect for the fans (especially after Doug Smith's gawdawful "Just go to the games to see that WOW moment and that should be enough" article.

I would like for Paul Jones to tell me why being in that situation is a BAD thing? Oh no, too much talent, how can the guy who owns Starbucks possibly pay all of these guys? I wonder where he'll get the money?

Oh and by the way, if you don't wanna use that team, how about Boston, a team that 5 yrs ago sucked, had a rep for not being friendly to African Americans and had no talent, yet they made bold moves, got a little lucky and spent over the cap and now they have a powerhouse team? I mean, we're "White Vegas" so theoretically, Toronto should be able to do what most teams can do and there should be no perceived handicap.

I'm just tired of the media making excuses for this team and for this GM and for this coach. I get it, they are bad and it comes down to the players, but if you aren't going to fire the coach, then you have to look at the GM, who put together this talent/snuff film.

As for this game... I'll forgive the GM if he just goes and puts a For Sale sign on the 2 point guards and Bargnani and just gets cap space.
                      I do not watch/listen to post game shows of the Raptors. These guys are in effect paid shills of the org. How long do you think they would have a job if they came within a mile of the unvarnished truth re the team? Smith is another beast but of all the other beat writers is suck supremo. I can understand their limitations but articles like the one you cite are assinine.

Comment

Working...
                      X