No announcement yet.

James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ needs to trim down a bit. It'll make him better on the defensive side more so. And improve his shot in the gym over the summer. We might see a much improved JJ next year hence my hesitation about picking Williams over Irving.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      JJ needs to trim down a bit. It'll make him better on the defensive side more so. And improve his shot in the gym over the summer. We might see a much improved JJ next year hence my hesitation about picking Williams over Irving.
      While I think Johnson has potential, I don't think he's good enough to alter who the Raptors take in the draft. That's a dangerous route. You take the best player regardless. The Raptors simply don't have enough talent to be picky.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Ron Artest?! Some of you people need a reality check. We just lost 60 games for goodness sake. Do you really think Chicago would have traded James Johnson for a worthless pick if they saw even one iota of Ron Artest in him?
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
          While I think Johnson has potential, I don't think he's good enough to alter who the Raptors take in the draft. That's a dangerous route. You take the best player regardless. The Raptors simply don't have enough talent to be picky.
          Unless of course if it is a little up in the air - Williams or Kanter? I would take Kanter. However if we are 3rd, and Irving and Kanter are gone, I would be happy with Williams, but pissed if they passed on him for someone else in that scenario. Right now I am Irving/Kanter, Williams. After the lottery tonight if we drop then the debate in my mind will start. If we move up to 2nd, it becomes interesting.

Comment

• I like James Johnson. I think he is a great option as a back up 3. Great energy, defensive guy coming off the bench with Amir and Barbosa. I don't see him being a starter on a contender. If possible, we should move Kleiza, although unlikely with the injury.

If we can trade for a game changing 3, like Gay or Granger, I think we would be solid at the 3 sport. We would then have a strong PF, SF, SG rotation.

We just have to worry about the PG's and C's. Hopefully we get lucky tonight and land Irving!

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              I like James Johnson. I think he is a great option as a back up 3. Great energy, defensive guy coming off the bench with Amir and Barbosa. I don't see him being a starter on a contender. If possible, we should move Kleiza, although unlikely with the injury.

If we can trade for a game changing 3, like Gay or Granger, I think we would be solid at the 3 sport. We would then have a strong PF, SF, SG rotation.

We just have to worry about the PG's and C's. Hopefully we get lucky tonight and land Irving!
              You know Granger is 28. And he's a borderline All-Star. I think the time for a guy like Granger was last year, when the Raptors needed someone to get them to the next level. Definitely not now.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I don't think anyone has called him the next Artest, but just picked a player who has a similar game.

In 25 games with Toronto in his second year in the NBA Johnson put up 9.2 ppg, 4.7 rpg with 3 assist and a block and a steal, on paper that looks pretty good and not far off Artest`s year 2 numbers of 11.9, 3.9, 3, 2, and .6
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• If we draft williams it just means that he and James Johnson have to battle it out for minutes. Neither should feel entitled to the starting spot so it shouldn't be a probably locker room wise. Not sure i'm going to be able to watch the draft but i am starting to get some jitters!
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    I don't think anyone has called him the next Artest, but just picked a player who has a similar game.

In 25 games with Toronto in his second year in the NBA Johnson put up 9.2 ppg, 4.7 rpg with 3 assist and a block and a steal, on paper that looks pretty good and not far off Artest`s year 2 numbers of 11.9, 3.9, 3, 2, and .6
                    His ball handling is far better than Artest then or now, but I see some Diaw in him too. Maybe smack Diaw and Artest together real hard and you get James Johson. No..wait, just have Diaw and Artest smack together real hard. Would make for an interesting show, collision or aftermath...

Comment

• I don't think Granger's time is up. 28? Really are we getting to the point where 28 is to old? We need some veterans on this team. Granger has at least 6 good years left. If Ed and DeMar improve this summer and we can land someone like Irving, and acquire a couple other pieces we are a playoff team. Give it three years and we could be a contender.

I think the key is getting a 20 pt. guy on the wing with DeMar and improve our interior defence. Ed is one step closer to having great interior D. Just need a lock down Centre, that doesn't necessarily have to have offensive skills. An intimidator, shot blocker, rebounder that can get some put backs.

I really don't think we are far off. We have a great bench with J.J., Amir, Barbosa, Bayless

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Ron Artest?! Some of you people need a reality check. We just lost 60 games for goodness sake. Do you really think Chicago would have traded James Johnson for a worthless pick if they saw even one iota of Ron Artest in him?
                        shut the hell up we're just comparing them no one said he's the next artest. Get your facts straight and stop trolling. Who do you think chicago will get with a really late 1st round pick in a shitty draft class?

Comment

I don't think Granger's time is up. 28? Really are we getting to the point where 28 is to old? We need some veterans on this team. Granger has at least 6 good years left. If Ed and DeMar improve this summer and we can land someone like Irving, and acquire a couple other pieces we are a playoff team. Give it three years and we could be a contender.

I think the key is getting a 20 pt. guy on the wing with DeMar and improve our interior defence. Ed is one step closer to having great interior D. Just need a lock down Centre, that doesn't necessarily have to have offensive skills. An intimidator, shot blocker, rebounder that can get some put backs.

I really don't think we are far off. We have a great bench with J.J., Amir, Barbosa, Bayless
                          Bayless can arguably be a starter if he proves he can drop some dimes, but if we pick irving then he'll be on the bench. If we pick D Will then our starting line up will be extremely explosive and we'll be a hard team to stop.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                            shut the hell up we're just comparing them no one said he's the next artest. Get your facts straight and stop trolling. Who do you think chicago will get with a really late 1st round pick in a shitty draft class?
                            Seriously bro, you need to be easy.

Johnson isn't anywhere NEAR Artest at this point. You're talking about one of the best defenders in NBA history. It's a little premature to be talking about someone like James Johnson in the same ilk as Ron Artest on the court. In my opinion, Johnson will be a solid reserve, maybe spot starter, but nowhere near Artest's calibre.

Comment

I don't think Granger's time is up. 28? Really are we getting to the point where 28 is to old? We need some veterans on this team. Granger has at least 6 good years left. If Ed and DeMar improve this summer and we can land someone like Irving, and acquire a couple other pieces we are a playoff team. Give it three years and we could be a contender.

28 isn't old, but when you're talking about adding him to a team that is probably 4-5 years away from contending (if they're lucky), then you realize that he probably isn't the best guy to add. He's also not a very good defensive player, which is obviously a problem with this team.

And if you think a 22 win team is not far off, then I want whatever you're having.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                                Maybe tone down the insults there. You, for one, said that James Johnson has the potential to be better than Artest. ebrian's comment is a valid one. If Johnson really had the potential to be better than Artest do you think Chicago would have traded him away? I think we all agree it was a good deal for the Raptors, but if Johnson becomes a good rotation player, I think that will be good.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X