Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is our Playoff Theme?

Hey guys,

Since we are going to make the playoffs AND will have a shot at a second round appearance, I feel like we should have a theme for the home crowd to build the playoff culture. For example, the Heat have the "White Hot" theme that is known league wide and is a source of pride for the team.

What should we do to help create a great league wide presence?

I personally feel like we should use our biggest weakness as our source of pride. The Raps have always had trouble attracting players due to our cold weather and I think it would be great if our fans embraced it and made a theme of it.

My favorite is the idea of a #WinterIsComing playoff theme with all white shirts at our home games. Embraces the cold as well as the unforeseen rise of the Raptors this season. All-white is common however, but this theme can be used every season we make the post season and has a pretty big cultural impact with the popularity of Game of Thrones.lol

I also would like to see a purple theme as a retro look and it is not a common color, although I have no idea how to incorporate it.

A Raptor specific could be a see of red with custom raptor t-shirts for every fan with a raptor tearing out of the front and as a #PackHunter or #ReleaseTheBeast or #InnerDino type themes

Either way I would love to see MLSE really put some time and effort into growing a playoffs culture that even the common fan around the league knows of. I think here is as good a spot as any to come up with a theme that MLSE should put to use, please put forth any and all ideas you guys come up with!

I liked the white shirts idea, it was kinda cool.

Comment

#Releasethepack? Raptors (the dinosaurs) hunted in packs.

You could have the team come out led by The Raptor and maybe Stripes as well.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

#StartedFromTheBottom

Comment

I like the thunders Coordinated Blue and white segments. Would look awesome with red and white imo.

Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Mar 23, 2014, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Dope idea for a thread.

I would love something like this done. But I guess it's too much to ask. But a man can dream right

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
              I like the thunders Coordinated Blue and white segments. Would look awesome with red and white imo.

Did you also know that they stand on their feet until the Thunder score their first bucket? I really feel like we have this type of crowd, just need to get a lil more educated... We definitely have the atmosphere in our city to make the ACC a hype home court like Sac-town had for all those years.

Comment

Nothing wrong with continuing the Sea of Red, as long as the opponents don't pick red uniforms like the Nets did in that embarrassing moment of raptors folklore

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Did you also know that they stand on their feet until the Thunder score their first bucket? I really feel like we have this type of crowd, just need to get a lil more educated... We definitely have the atmosphere in our city to make the ACC a hype home court like Sac-town had for all those years.
                  Ya the idea of red and white sections would be wicked, as well as random stuff like this^

Red stands on D?

White stands on O?

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Ya the idea of red and white sections would be wicked, as well as random stuff like this^

Red stands on D?

White stands on O?
                    But what happens when the teams switch sides?

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                      Nothing wrong with continuing the Sea of Red, as long as the opponents don't pick red uniforms like the Nets did in that embarrassing moment of raptors folklore
                      I was there. It felt surreal.

Comment

I like the "Winter is Coming" idea, although HBO may slap MLSE with a lawsuit

I've always liked the white towel waving. 20,000 people maniacally waving towels makes it look like 40,000 people.

Comment

A Raptor always pays his debts...but usually waits until the 4th quarter!!

Comment

I hope our playoff theme is winning.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Yep, mass towel wave is a pretty epic sight.

Comment

Working...
                              X