Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I want DD off this team, I prefer to stay away from Iggy and his fragile heel, not to mention his $14 million salary.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• good thing its a rumor i dont want iggy. Especially for DeMar

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        good thing its a rumor i dont want iggy. Especially for DeMar
        What about DeRozan , Davis and a Future top 10 protected pick for Chandler, Mozgov & rights to Quincy Miller? Chandler's salary is reasonable over his contract and Mozgov is a decent backup C that expires plus a possible 3rd SF. Gives Nuggets an extra 4m to help towards resigning McGee plus quality SG and another big???? Any thoughts

Then go after O.J Mayo
        Last edited by GoHuskies; Fri Jul 6, 2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• GoHuskies wrote: View Post
          What about DeRozan , Davis and a Future top 10 protected pick for Chandler, Mozgov & rights to Quincy Miller? Chandler's salary is reasonable over his contract and Mozgov is a decent backup C that expires plus a possible 3rd SF. Gives Nuggets an extra 4m to help towards resigning McGee plus quality SG and another big???? Any thoughts

Then go after O.J Mayo
          hell no... i like chandlers game but thats WAY more then hes worth.. i didnt even want to do the Iggy deal for the same reasons..

Comment

• Beware of Rod Thorn. He is a shark and we do remember the Wince deal don t we? Stefanski had a birds eye view of that trade (he was Thorn's asst in NJ) and should also be quite knowledgeable of Philly's roster. Double check the contents of your wallet when Thorn agrees to a deal.

My own preference is to try for Wilson Chandler. He is in the same age bracket, has good off & def skills, moderately priced with term and should not be prohibitive in terms of assets going back (but I'd rather not give up any futures). And then we should give it a rest until trade deadline.

Comment

• Lets get Deng!! Instant top-10 defensive team if we trade Derozan for Deng.
              Lowry
              Fields
              Deng
              Bargnani
              Val
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
                Nick Young is signing with Philadelphia, agent Mark Bartelstein announces. Details to come

That could very well end the DeRozan to Philly rumors...

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
                  Nick Young is signing with Philadelphia, agent Mark Bartelstein announces. Details to come

That could very well end the DeRozan to Philly rumors...
                  If anything, means we dont have to trade Derozan to get AI. AI is now ever expandable.

Comment

• You know, at this point I think Deng is my choice as well. I think he's a better option than Iguodala, definitely, and I think the Bulls *should* be motivated to get a high-quality PG who can start all year in 2012-13. Unless they've simply written off this season while they wait for Rose to return. Jose seems like a perfect one-season solution, doesn't he?

Calderon and Ed works. Exchange Davis for James Johnson if they'd prefer a SF in return.

Lowry / Bayless
                    Derozan / Ross
                    Deng / Kleiza / Acy/Johnson
                    Bargnani / Amir / Acy/Davis
                    Valanciunas / Gray

seems like a decent rotation to me.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                      You know, at this point I think Deng is my choice as well. I think he's a better option than Iguodala, definitely, and I think the Bulls *should* be motivated to get a high-quality PG who can start all year in 2012-13. Unless they've simply written off this season while they wait for Rose to return. Jose seems like a perfect one-season solution, doesn't he?

Calderon and Ed works. Exchange Davis for James Johnson if they'd prefer a SF in return.

Lowry / Bayless
                      Derozan / Ross
                      Valanciunas / Gray

+1

I've fallen into the Deng camp (assuming Gay is off limits). I'd rather have Deng over AI. My concern over Deng is that he'll be playing in the Olympics for his home country while still holding on to a wrist injury that he may end up getting surgery for when the new season starts up. However I've heard that the surgery may not be required. He's younger and slightly cheaper than AI, and has similar defensive accolades as AI. But what I like most about Deng is that he has been playing for a defensive minded coach the past few seasons and so moving to a Casey system should be a natural move for him.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                        You know, at this point I think Deng is my choice as well. I think he's a better option than Iguodala, definitely, and I think the Bulls *should* be motivated to get a high-quality PG who can start all year in 2012-13. Unless they've simply written off this season while they wait for Rose to return. Jose seems like a perfect one-season solution, doesn't he?

Lowry / Bayless
                        Derozan / Ross
                        Valanciunas / Gray

First you forgot Fields behind Deng in the rotation.
                        Second, DECENT!?!?
                        This team is the best team that BC would ever produce in toronto. So much defensive talent + Some serious offensive prowess. The team is 2 deep in every position (I trust Gray), as well as fluid (many combo players, could pull Large or Small lineup at will), the team is tall, the team can shoot, the team is young and improving. With the potential of Val being a star (I think he will be better than Hibbert, and he was an all-star last season), and Bargnani keeping his game up, and Derozan improving, while Lowry showing what he is worth, this team will be mid-high playoff caliber.

Comment

• wasn't sure what Iggy's contract was like... so looked it up...

NO. please dear god NO.

He gets paid like basketball royalty when he's upper middle class at best

Comment

• Brand was just amnestied according to Woj from Yahoo. They're pretty thin at the PF position at the moment. What implications does this have with the Raps. Does it have any implications at all? With Brand amnestied, could Iggy be on his way out?
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Brand was just amnestied according to Woj from Yahoo. They're pretty thin at the PF position at the moment. What implications does this have with the Raps. Does it have any implications at all? With Brand amnestied, could Iggy be on his way out?
                              Maybe they want Ed and/or Amir?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                +1

I've fallen into the Deng camp (assuming Gay is off limits). I'd rather have Deng over AI. My concern over Deng is that he'll be playing in the Olympics for his home country while still holding on to a wrist injury that he may end up getting surgery for when the new season starts up. However I've heard that the surgery may not be required. He's younger and slightly cheaper than AI, and has similar defensive accolades as AI. But what I like most about Deng is that he has been playing for a defensive minded coach the past few seasons and so moving to a Casey system should be a natural move for him.
                                dont worry to much about Deng & the Olympics... hes playing for Great Britian... they shouldnt last more then a few games maybe..

Comment

Working...
                                X