No announcement yet.

So, maybe Colangelo was right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't given up for nothing that is misleading, we got cap space in return which was used to facilitate a trade or pick up a RFA. Which netted us Lowry or Fields take your pick. The TPE could have been used on draft day to pick up Lowry IF a suitable deal was available.

Comment

Lakers showing interest in Barbosa. Link

Will this put to rest the Barbosa - Nash's wife rumors... please!?
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
        Lakers showing interest in Barbosa. Link

Will this put to rest the Barbosa - Nash's wife rumors... please!?
        Those rumors were as spurious as they come. The last time Nash and the Suns came thru TO they both had a warm embrace. Besides does Matteo Nash look like Leandro may have been his dad?

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainmen...ut-baby-matteo

Comment

ezz_bee wrote:
          He may have gotten more, but I don't think it was a bad trade, especially when we consider that we brought on Barbosa in order to get rid of Turk.
          .. Turk representing the MONSTER of a contract that Bryco created himself. So he made a "meh" trade after making a "wow" trade to try and solve his "what was I thinking?" signing.

I do like Bryan, but his track record here is a little patchy.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
            .. Turk representing the MONSTER of a contract that Bryco created himself. So he made a "meh" trade after making a "wow" trade to try and solve his "what was I thinking?" signing.

I do like Bryan, but his track record here is a little patchy.
            If Tomislav Zubcic (the #56 pick acquired in the Barbosa deal) doesn't amount to anything, it will finally bring the end to a long line of bad moves, which all started with a bad draft pick...

2005 - Charlie Villanueva drafted 8th overall by Toronto (infamously ahead of Granger, who went at #17, right after Joey Graham at #16)

2006 - Charlie Villanueva traded for TJ Ford

2008 - TJ Ford (along with Rasho Nesterovic, Maceo Baston and Roy Hibbert, who Toronto drafted for Indy at #17) traded for Jermaine O'Neal (and the #41 pick, Nathan Jawai)

2009 - Jermaine O'Neal (along with Jamario Moon) traded for Shawn Marion (along with Marcus Banks)

2009 - Shawn Marion (along with Kris Humphries and Nathan Jawai) traded for Hedo Turkoglu (along with Antoine Wright and Devean George)

2010 - Hedo Turkoglu traded for Leandro Barbosa (along with Dwayne Jones)

2012 - Leandro Barbosa traded for #56 pick (Zubcic)

I'm curious what the over/under would be for the number of curses and/or shots needed to get through that painful list of past transactions! lol How much easier would the past 7 seasons have been for Raptors fans had they just drafted Granger instead of Villanueva... all these moves could have been avoided and we'd actually have a legitimate starting SF! hahaha
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Aug 2, 2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Those rumors were as spurious as they come. The last time Nash and the Suns came thru TO they both had a warm embrace. Besides does Matteo Nash look like Leandro may have been his dad?

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainmen...ut-baby-matteo

Leandro being involved with Nash's wife was inaccurate from the start. The media in Arizona had always speculated it was Jason Richardson, who was traded a few days after Nash and his wife announced their split.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                If Tomislav Zubcic (the #56 pick acquired in the Barbosa deal) doesn't amount to anything, it will finally bring the end to a long line of bad moves, which all started with a bad draft pick...

2005 - Charlie Villanueva drafted 8th overall by Toronto (infamously ahead of Granger, who went at #17, right after Joey Graham at #16)

2006 - Charlie Villanueva traded for TJ Ford

2008 - TJ Ford (along with Rasho Nesterovic, Maceo Baston and Roy Hibbert, who Toronto drafted for Indy at #17) traded for Jermaine O'Neal (and the #41 pick, Nathan Jawai)

2009 - Jermaine O'Neal (along with Jamario Moon) traded for Shawn Marion (along with Marcus Banks)

2009 - Shawn Marion (along with Kris Humphries and Nathan Jawai) traded for Hedo Turkoglu (along with Antoine Wright and Devean George)

2010 - Hedo Turkoglu traded for Leandro Barbosa (along with Dwayne Jones)

2012 - Leandro Barbosa traded for #56 pick (Zubcic)

I'm curious what the over/under would be for the number of curses and/or shots needed to get through that painful list of past transactions! lol How much easier would the past 7 seasons have been for Raptors fans had they just drafted Granger instead of Villanueva... all these moves could have been avoided and we'd actually have a legitimate starting SF! hahaha
                We could have gotten both Andrew Bynum and Danny Granger in the 2005 draft. Paired with Bosh and Calderon (it was his rookie season too) that would have been a pretty nice core. Add a great shooter and that's a contender. Oh well, revisionist history.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  We could have gotten both Andrew Bynum and Danny Granger in the 2005 draft. Paired with Bosh and Calderon (it was his rookie season too) that would have been a pretty nice core. Add a great shooter and that's a contender. Oh well, revisionist history.
                  Just noticed we also could have taken Lou Williams instead of Roko Ukic in the 2nd round. 2005 could have been a franchise changing draft. So hard to predict these things though.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                    And don't forget AI in 2004.

Calderon
                    AI
                    Granger
                    Bosh
                    Bynum

Like flogging that was painfully fun - lol, joking.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Had the 2nd round pick been included as 'sweetener' in a trade
                      I believe that the Raptors could still potentially include those rights as a trade sweetener (see recent Hawks-Clippers trade), so this trade asset still has SOME value (not a lot probably, but still more than "nothing").

Comment

Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
                        Leandro being involved with Nash's wife was inaccurate from the start. The media in Arizona had always speculated it was Jason Richardson, who was traded a few days after Nash and his wife announced their split.
                        Really!?

I thought Leandro's rendition of lionel richie's "alk night long" was for sure the ticket.

When he makes that sheep noise womens legs just magically pry open.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          Really!?

I thought Leandro's rendition of lionel richie's "alk night long" was for sure the ticket.

When he makes that sheep noise womens legs just magically pry open.
                          Haha I remember seeing that a while ago.

For those who haven't seen it:

Comment

Kate C wrote: View Post
                            After reading some recent updates on HoopsHype, it appears there is almost zero interest for FA Leandro Barbosa. I remember much discussion when he was traded as to whether BC got "enough" for him, and could he have done better. At this point in time, it seems that perhaps getting a second round pick was in fact fair value and/or the best that was available - knowing that part of the value was also in the cap room that was cleared. Thoughts?
                            Lenard Barbs value now vs. then is apples/oranges. He had $9M expiring contract, with only a fraction left on it at the deadline in a shortened season. The cap flexibility alone made his value signficantly higher last season.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Lenard Barbs value now vs. then is apples/oranges. He had $9M expiring contract, with only a fraction left on it at the deadline in a shortened season. The cap flexibility alone made his value signficantly higher last season.
                              $7.6M was the contract.

Unfortunately, it does not appear the Raptors were willing to take back any salary in any Barbosa trade.

Had the Raps been willing to take back an awful contract, then maybe, there would have been more value.

Looks like the Raps wanted the same benefit as any other team looking to shed salary.

Had the Raps taken back salary, then there is a strong possibility the Lowry trade would not have been completed (Only sent out $1.5M and took back $5.75M) and Fields would not have been signed. Given Fields contract, I am sure many would not have been opposed to that - as a player though, Fields was a great get; as a contract not so good (I really have to emphasize the distinction in player versus contract).

Also, the Raptors have kept themselves flexible moving forward - whether they use the flexibility is another matter, of course.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                                Haha I remember seeing that a while ago.

For those who haven't seen it:
                                OOMMMMGGG HAHAHAHAHA :') This shiz made me laugh like a little girl! I miss this guy!

"All night long!" "Allll niaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhttt!"
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X