No announcement yet.

NY @ Raptors: Insert Primo jokes here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nobody crediting Ujir and Caseys pick for ast coaches huh? Nurse and Bayno? Unsung heroes.

Comment

• It's difficult to see where they are impacting the game. I'm under the impression that Bayno and Nurse have been helping individuals with their offense as per interviews with Terrance Ross etc. Bayno is a player development coach from what I understand.

I think we'll see more of Nurse's offensive schemes being used by Casey during the Season. It's difficult to point them out now as I re-watch the game.

As per reddit comments, they're running PnR's w/ dribble pen when there is enough time on the clock. If time shortens up, time to do the 1 man iso on either side or ball rotation from left to right with the pop-3 or long-2. If the dribble pen doesn't work, kickout to the rotation strategy again. Naturally JV and Amir are in there to scruff, or at least, they are supposed to. Didn't see that from JV much this game.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
        They need a LOT of work because of JV. Amir has to compensate for JV's inappropriate floor spacing and positioning that he has to do double duty.

JV's like....slow.

He stays in the key where he should, Knicks run a couple of P&R's from left side to right. He stands right around where the knicks pick is and then it clogs up the Raptors wings.

Tyson Chandler in a PnR shoots a 10 footer and it's a wide open shot while JV is underneath the rim.

It's like he's one defensive play slower than the offensive team. I really wish he could be more vocal in defence... I think it would help these situations.
        Either that, or Jonas was intentionally giving Chandler the room to take that jumper (a shot that hasn't been in his arsenal before).

I'd be daring Chandler to shoot from outside 10 feet myself.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Either that, or Jonas was intentionally giving Chandler the room to take that jumper (a shot that hasn't been in his arsenal before).

I'd be daring Chandler to shoot from outside 10 feet myself.
          Sherman hamilton's in game comments was that Casey was yelling at him to step out and the commentators desk is right next to the bench so i'll take his word for it?????

Comment

Working...
          X