No announcement yet.

Available legitimate Center for Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors probably won't have much more than what the current MLE is in the best case. Worst case(for a hope at getting Jordan) is that they don't have any space at all and there is no longer such thing as an MLE because there is a hard cap in place.

Still, I'm cheering on the owners bid for a hardcap. Parity would follow it.

Comment

• Yes but consider the fact your giving up an injury prone point guard of sorts. It's not like they cripple their cap space by taking on Kaman because Jose is owed $10 mil this year anyhow and off the top of my head I believe they both expire in the same year. If Kaman has one extra year on his deal I'm willing to risk he plays 65 games and gives them a legitimate presence, seeing as they will also be bringing along Ed Davis who will put on some weight this year and play C in a pinch on the nights Kaman can't go.

I do agree with the injury issues, but there is a reason that half the league is searching for a legit 5. There simply aren't many skilled 7-footers with toughness on this planet when it comes to basketball and the opportunity to land one by giving up a point guard who is equally flawed seems like a better option than trying to turn Jason Thompson into a center when he's more an Aldridge-lite finesse PF in my opinion.

Just my opinion though.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        Here we go then. I guess we are down to DeAndrea Jordan now.
        Do Clippers hold his birds right as well ??
        Kaman is coming off their books at the end of 2012 and I don't think Clippers will sign him up, given all his injuries and ...

Raptors in order to satisfy their vocal leader, Amir Johnson and DD, need to open their wallet and spent large sum of money to take this guy away from Clippers OR next year, we will have same defense from our boys with the same excuse, no REAL CENTER !!!!
        )
        I think they do, but that doesn't mean they will match. It has happened in history (Elton Brand- I bet that still stings too) but Donald Stirling is a tight wad usually, and could be swayed away.

It will be interesting to see who BC/MLSE are thinking to chase. I doubt they can win a bidding war with Cuban for Chandler, but it depends on if Cuban wants to try since he has a $pile in Haywood.
        Hopeful chances: JThompson, DJordan. Gasol is a real outside chance so don't see it.
        Borderline: Al Jefferson, Chandler, Okafor (lotta $), Varejao.
        Scary injury prone: Kaman, Bogut (maybe still worth it though)

Comment

• T.McNeely wrote: View Post
          Yes but consider the fact your giving up an injury prone point guard of sorts. It's not like they cripple their cap space by taking on Kaman because Jose is owed $10 mil this year anyhow and off the top of my head I believe they both expire in the same year. If Kaman has one extra year on his deal I'm willing to risk he plays 65 games and gives them a legitimate presence, seeing as they will also be bringing along Ed Davis who will put on some weight this year and play C in a pinch on the nights Kaman can't go.

I do agree with the injury issues, but there is a reason that half the league is searching for a legit 5. There simply aren't many skilled 7-footers with toughness on this planet when it comes to basketball and the opportunity to land one by giving up a point guard who is equally flawed seems like a better option than trying to turn Jason Thompson into a center when he's more an Aldridge-lite finesse PF in my opinion.

Just my opinion though.
          An injury prone C is dangerous. It can cripple a team. There are certainly those who would be onside with your proposal, I am simply not one of them. And I would say 65 games is optimistic considering his last handful of years (average of less than 49games) and aging body.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
            Here we go then. I guess we are down to DeAndrea Jordan now.
            Do Clippers hold his birds right as well ??
            Kaman is coming off their books at the end of 2012 and I don't think Clippers will sign him up, given all his injuries and ...
            No Bird Rights there. He is a RFA giving the Clippers right to match any offer.

If a new CBA brings in a hardcap, all the Raps would have to do is offer $1 more than available to the Clippers. However, given the Clippers are in pretty good shape with only $44M to salaries next year, I doubt that is an option unless they do a crazy front loaded contract (like Matthews with POR). More likely would be Gasol, in my opinion. MEM giving Randolph $15M per season takes their cap number to $51M next year. I see an OJ giveaway coming soon (which is not a stretch since they almost did that at the trade deadline).

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
              An injury prone C is dangerous. It can cripple a team. There are certainly those who would be onside with your proposal, I am simply not one of them. And I would say 65 games is optimistic considering his last handful of years (average of less than 49games) and aging body.
              Camby and Montross come to mind as good Raptors examples of what sort of damage high priced injury prone centers can do.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Why would you want the Raptors to get Dalembert? What's your reason? You need to expand it a bit.
                well he's a pretty good rebounder from his stats. Idk about his defense i heard it was pretty good and he is just what we're looking for, a young Vet in the paint who can rebound, protect the rim and block some shots. He would fit in pretty good with this team

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                  well he's a pretty good rebounder from his stats. Idk about his defense i heard it was pretty good and he is just what we're looking for, a young Vet in the paint who can rebound, protect the rim and block some shots. He would fit in pretty good with this team
                  His fit would be bad as he has reportedly serious attitude and chemistry problems plus motivation issues. He could quickly hijack the tone of this team.

Comment

His fit would be bad as he has reportedly serious attitude and chemistry problems plus motivation issues. He could quickly hijack the tone of this team.
                    really? i didn't know i don't pay attention to the kings much.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      really? i didn't know i don't pay attention to the kings much.
                      Also why he was sent home from the Canadian national team.

Comment

Also why he was sent home from the Canadian national team.
                        And he whined in PHI.

Comment

• Yeah, it would seem like a classic case of a strong sense of entitlement. The guy obviously has a super ego and when his PT is reduced gears begin to grind.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, it would seem like a classic case of a strong sense of entitlement. The guy obviously has a super ego and when his PT is reduced gears begin to grind.
                            And when his offensive touches are reduced - I think he puts himself on par with Duncan in the post, lol.

Comment

• Dalembert is to me your prototypical average center: pretty good at rebounding and blocking shots, average on offense (PER 14.8), average on defense (opp. PER 14.7). Prototype average center. Nothing to get excited about, but definitely a good player to have.

Sign-and-trade Dalembert (8.5-9m) and the King's pick for Bargnani? Works for me. Dalembert will average a double-double given 32 minutes or so of playing time. 1-2 blocks per game. No foul trouble. No injury risk. Raps get a second lotto pick, which they can use on a prospect C, who can develop while Sammy D's contract runs its course. They get their present and future C in one fell swoop. Kings? They pair Bargnani with Cousins. Perfect match. 'Nuff said. Win-win.

Comment

• I feel if the MLE were to exist going forward Sam would at best be a MLE kind of player. Without it you're going to see him take an even more drastic pay cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X