No announcement yet.

How many wins for the 2011-2012 Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with the vast improvement of the rest of the league, i dont think the raptors will be as competitive.. buut all these investments other teams are making are short term while the raps have a long term plan that has the potential to make us really really really good. (val at c, ed at pf, derozan at sg, bayless at pg) is a great young block (offensively and defensively!!) moving forward and im so super excited at how these kids are going to improve! add in a veteran sf and we have a team that will surprise so many people in a few years! until then i think we are going to have 18 wins this season :P
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I think you meant "regress"
      Haha oops. You got me.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
        Wow Tim, and I thought 3-in a row games were going to be hell, but more than 2-a-day games!!? The young legs of the Raps must be why you think they will take 15 wins a week!
        What can I say, SuperRaptor had a very persuasive argument. The Raptors are STACKED!
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

21 wins.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            What can I say, SuperRaptor had a very persuasive argument. The Raptors are STACKED!
            Lol.
            "Defense wins championships."

Comment

15-18 wins sounds about right. Because this is a young team, they're gonna catch a lot of older clubs on nights of back to backs or back to back to backs.

Comment

I'm pessimistic, i'm going for 22 (-24) and that's too much for my liking.

Comment

I predicted 15 wins a week and I haven't changed my mind. Of course, considering how my predictions the last couple of years went, it's going to be less than that. Still, that's what I'm sticking to. Hopefully low enough to get the top pick.
                  ago. i believe you mean a week ago.

15 games a week would be hundreds of wins. rofl
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    I'm pessimistic, i'm going for 22 (-24) and that's too much for my liking.
                    You're pessimistic so you think the Raptors will win MORE games! That's funny.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      ago. i believe you mean a week ago.

15 games a week would be hundreds of wins. rofl
                      As I said, the Raptors are STACKED!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Last season when injuries hit. we didn't have the depth and experience coming off the bench. This season we have older and experienced players who can come off the bench. I'm trying to say that we will all of the sudden win because or our bench but we can rely a little bit more on the guys coming off the bench this season.

Comment

As I said, the Raptors are STACKED!
                          is that an acronym?
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

KaioKev wrote: View Post
                            Last season when injuries hit. we didn't have the depth and experience coming off the bench. This season we have older and experienced players who can come off the bench. I'm trying to say that we will all of the sudden win because or our bench but we can rely a little bit more on the guys coming off the bench this season.
                            I'm not sure about the bench. Magloire played 18 games last year. Butler took a big step back last year - and on a Clippers team that had no small forwards to speak of.... well except Ryan Gomes. Gray didn't play much until West got injured.

I'm not expecting the signees (escept Forbes) to offer much on the court. It is the professionalism and experience they can offer the young professionals off the court I am most looking forward to (practicing hard, being on time, getting in the gym, diet, rest, not staying in the clubs until 5am the night before a game, etc). Maybe I'm totally out of touch what truly happens on an NBA team but that is what I hope.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              is that an acronym?
                              I appreciate the setup, but I got nothing.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I feel that some teams will stumble given the condensed season. I can see Boston dropping as it is hard to imagine the big three not missing a lot of games. Casey will hold players accountable, and the older players now with the team will do their part. Lastly I am looking at improved seasons for several of the players given time in the weight room or improving their games.

I vote for 25 wins this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X