Kyle Lowry on Jim Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lowry on Jim Rome

I listen to the Jim Rome Show just about every single day, and it just so happened that today I wasn't listening when they had Kyle on! No especially big news in here, just a 10 minute convo with Kyle on a few different subjects. Enjoy!

http://jimrome.com/2014/01/16/kyle-lowry-2/

(Not sure how to just link the interview, but you'll find it on that page)

Rack him!!^

war Raptors winning and making haters salty
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Saw this tweet from Rome regarding his interview with Lowry yesterday:

It appears the team is really banking on Drake to do alot of recruiting for the Raptors. I guess this is what its coming too now.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post

It appears the team is really banking on Drake to do alot of recruiting for the Raptors. I guess this is what its coming too now.
        I don't think it's a slam dunk that he signs here. BTW, awesome avatar!!!
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post

I don't. care for the Drake at all, but honestly, if he has any pull with players, then I'm down for hoim doing whatever he needs to(yes, Drake, WHATEVER you need to)to have guys come and play here.

Comment

Lowry still hasn't mentioned wanting to stay with the raps huh
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Lowry still hasn't mentioned wanting to stay with the raps huh
              He should probably wait until we're a few games more over .500 before he publicly announces he wants to stay here. I'm optimistic, and don't think it will happen, but realistically we're one losing skid away from being a bottom barrel team again. Nobody wants to profess their allegiance to a bottom barrel team (except Derozan, which is why I love him). Lowry does say life is good in Toronto right now and seems pretty positive about the team overall. If we finish 3-5 seed and make a little noise in the playoffs I think it will be pretty easy to bring Kyle back. If some crap happens and we miss the playoffs or get swept in the 1st round then I'd expect it to be pretty hard to retain Kyle.

Comment

Kyle L. comes across as pretty smart and is playing it just right all around. Good for him. It's his first kick at the big contract and unlike some who have passed thru this town what I appreciate is that he gives no false pretenses...cough bosh cough...while playing hard and being a leader.

Comment

This whole situation with Kyle is reminding me of Chris Bosh. Few differences though.. Bosh was a max player, Lowry is not. Bosh had a market (lots of teams creating cap space), Lowry does not (many teams have a starting caliber PG). But from the point of view of whether or not Lowry is coming back... seems like a long shot to me.

You would have to show him the money and that's a dangerous game to play. Hope MU is comfortable on his thrown because he's got work to do in the summer.

Comment

There could be a "fun factor" we're ignoring. Lowry genuinely looks like he's having fun out there. So does the whole team actually. But if the Raps keep winning games, Lowry could choose to stay simply because he genuinely enjoys the fit/feel of this roster.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      This whole situation with Kyle is reminding me of Chris Bosh. Few differences though.. Bosh was a max player, Lowry is not. Bosh had a market (lots of teams creating cap space), Lowry does not (many teams have a starting caliber PG). But from the point of view of whether or not Lowry is coming back... seems like a long shot to me.

You would have to show him the money and that's a dangerous game to play. Hope MU is comfortable on his thrown because he's got work to do in the summer.
                      Not similar to Bosh at all. Bosh left to play with the 2 best players in the NBA in Miami, he knew damn well he would win multiple championships by going there, and they still gave him a max deal. Bosh literally had no good reason to stay in Toronto. Better team, better weather, more recognition, winning, championships, south beach, same amount of money, etc....

The only teams that might offer Lowry a deal are not even close to Miami in terms of being contenders. I'd even argue that if he leaves he will almost certainly end up on a worse team than the Raptors.

Comment

Raptors are the first team to hand Lowry the keys. He seems like a good guy I don't see him wanting out of Toronto right now, but if hour doesn't see money and winning he's gonzo.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Historically, MU is VERY comfortable with that game. He overpaid in DEN to keep his free agents, then traded them later. If money is the object, I bet he'll pay Lowry whatever he needs to to re-sign him. If Lowry just wants to go elsewhere, there's not much we can do.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Its like any other negotiation, if you show weakness you lose. If Kyle says, "I am going to stay in Toronto," they probably low-ball him. He WANTS to be wined and dined, be in an OVO music video, feel loved. I'm okay with that. Hopefully it works out and he stays. Probably guarantees that they draft a PG if there's any concern. That's probably something to watch out for.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Historically, MU is VERY comfortable with that game. He overpaid in DEN to keep his free agents, then traded them later. If money is the object, I bet he'll pay Lowry whatever he needs to to re-sign him. If Lowry just wants to go elsewhere, there's not much we can do.
                              By historical I assume you meant the Nene deal.. but if you look at that deal, Nene was dealt for an inferior player. Letting Nene go may have actually been a wiser decision. They overpaid to keep him. If you over pay Lowry does he become harder to trade? And would then trading him mean that you would take on worse contracts that are even harder to move?

I don't know if MU would want to revisit that scenario because in my opinion it backfired... and that was for a player that seemed to have more of a market (as he was a big and probably more in demand) than I would imagine Lowry would have.

You don't want to lose a good player for nothing as that is bad asset management.. but it's even worse asset management when you trade him for inferior talent and/or worst contracts.

I am so happy we don't have BC, but I consider two of MU's biggest blunders in Denver were trading Afflalo and pieces (including draft picks) for Iggy (who was a rental) and the Nene for Mcgee/Turiaf trades. The Iggy/Afflalo trade could have worked out as the assumption was that if MU stayed as GM he would have resigned Iggy.. that may be true but was not a guarantee.

Comment

Working...
                              X