Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Voting - Raptor Fans...vote with hearts or minds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Star Voting - Raptor Fans...vote with hearts or minds?

Our three candidates: Bargnani, DeRozan and Kleiza

Do you vote with your heart as a Raptor fan or do you honestly choose the player who deserves it most regardless of your team allegiance?

I've always voted with some integrity for the game...meaning none of these guys get my vote as they simply don't deserve it at this point.

Oh, and check out the Junkies new vid...LeBron had the "quitness" since birth.

I'll vote for all three. All star voting is a farce anyway. Its a popularity contest not a way to truly reward those who deserve it. Wouldn't a Raptor getting voted in this season be something?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

None of them will get in, they have no chance of making it even Derozan is not going to make it to the Sophmore squad.

Better concentrate on sending Sonny to the Dunk contest.

Comment

Just gonna vote for those three. Not like it will make a difference though

Comment

agree with joe and dan. doesnt matter who you vote for, its not really about who deserves it, but rather who is the most popular. if they really want the ones who deserve it starting, then the NBA would not get the fans involved.

if everybody in canada and italy vote, we might get Bargnani in as the starting center, but i doubt the NBA is going to allow him to start over dwight. if none of these three guys get voted in as a starter, then none of them are getting in coz no coach in their right mind would choose any of them as all-star subs.

who are the coaches? bargnani might get a pity vote

Comment

the all-star game is like the prom... everyone gets dressed up and pretends that the most popular girl in school is the prettiest... and her popularity has nothing to do with the fact that she's a massive slut.

i am looking forward to the dunk contest though.. aka, the cool kids getting drunk in the parking lot.

Comment

Agreed with the guys above, i juss vote for the raptors, unless they rly dont deserve it or there is a another player who is bttr, who is getting overlooked for w.e reason. Theres juss no reason to vote for Dwight or Wade or Bryant or w.e there gonna get in plain in simple might as well vote for out team cause who else will, and shows some support to the lesser known players of the world

Comment

Allstar voting as well as the allstar game is quite a waste of time. I would pay more attention if coaches would make the selections (not their own team) and there was a risk/reward aspect to the game...eg. special awards for most: rebounds, assists, blocks, points so both sides of the game are treated with respect. And the coup de grace...the team with the most individual winners can take the next training camp off (ok, maybe 2 weeks!!). We may just see some seriousness about the game rather than meetings in the backrooms plotting their next free agent signing!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Allstar voting as well as the allstar game is quite a waste of time. I would pay more attention if coaches would make the selections (not their own team) and there was a risk/reward aspect to the game...eg. special awards for most: rebounds, assists, blocks, points so both sides of the game are treated with respect. And the coup de grace...the team with the most individual winners can take the next training camp off (ok, maybe 2 weeks!!). We may just see some seriousness about the game rather than meetings in the backrooms plotting their next free agent signing!
                  i cant remember where i heard/read it, but i once heard the suggestion of the all-star game determining home court advantage in the finals... thought that was a great idea

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    i cant remember where i heard/read it, but i once heard the suggestion of the all-star game determining home court advantage in the finals... thought that was a great idea
                    As you know that is what MLB does. I do think that would not go over very well in the NBA. Home court adv. in the nba is much more of an advantage than in baseball as evidenced in this years playoffs. What ever it is they need to change the format...right now it is just a big party and lots of preening.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      As you know that is what MLB does. I do think that would not go over very well in the NBA. Home court adv. in the nba is much more of an advantage than in baseball as evidenced in this years playoffs. What ever it is they need to change the format...right now it is just a big party and lots of preening.
                      ahh didnt know it was a baseball thing... i hate baseball

i think i heard it on the simmons podcast... but cant be sure

Comment

What kind of Raptor fan even asks this question? Vote for them all!

Comment

Working...
                        X