Serbia vs Garbajosa and Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    He is a very rondo type player, but he'll never have the play defence like rondo does! But I think Rubio is a better passer with better court vision.
    Just a note, assists aren't counted in the same way as they are in the US. If Rubio played college ball, he'd prolly average over 10 assists a game. They are real stingy in Europe in giving out assists :P
    I am just going on what I have seen on the court, not the stats.

His passing looked less than inspiring in the their loss Serbia
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      I am just going on what I have seen on the court, not the stats.

His passing looked less than inspiring in the their loss Serbia
      Yeah, I thought his performances at the worlds were dismal. Hopefully for him, and European basketball, he'll be better with Barcelona. He played well last year, I hope he gets more minutes...
      Anyways, I think USA has the worlds in the bag, I thought only Spain could be 'em. But I don't see any other team beat USA, apart from maybe Turkey... Lithuania has a shot, and so do Serbia. But I just don't see anyone beating team USA.

Comment

Yeah, I thought his performances at the worlds were dismal. Hopefully for him, and European basketball, he'll be better with Barcelona. He played well last year, I hope he gets more minutes...
        Anyways, I think USA has the worlds in the bag, I thought only Spain could be 'em. But I don't see any other team beat USA, apart from maybe Turkey... Lithuania has a shot, and so do Serbia. But I just don't see anyone beating team USA.
        If it comes down to Turkey vs the US, clearly the US is more talented but I wouldn't discount the immense home court advantage that Turkey would have.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

C'mon. They guy is 19. He is leads the biggest powerhouse in European basketball in the most important tournament in the world. The pressure is high, of course he won't be great every game. He is still incredible IMO just needs to mature.... If he entered the draft this year, NJ might have picked him 1st.
          Im not sayin he's bad or nothin, he has huge potential to be a great player... But.... that hasnt happened yet he's young and he hasnt done well in this tournment. I juss feel if Caulderon had not gotten injured they woulde gotten a lil farther into the tournment is all. Oh well.... garby i still love ya even if u liked spain more than the raptors

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
            Im not sayin he's bad or nothin, he has huge potential to be a great player... But.... that hasnt happened yet he's young and he hasnt done well in this tournment. I juss feel if Caulderon had not gotten injured they woulde gotten a lil farther into the tournment is all. Oh well.... garby i still love ya even if u liked spain more than the raptors
            I agree. Spain really seems to miss Calderon.

He can score and dish out dimes and his defense is not as much a liability against slower European teams.

Comment

Working...
            X