Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peja is not returning nothing.. not much but not nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peja is not returning nothing.. not much but not nothing.

Peja is not going for nothing.

Dallas needs a roster spot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=6041580

Welcome Alex Ajinca and 2013 2nd round pick back!

"Ajinca, meanwhile, will be dealt to the Raptors along with a 2013 second-round pick that Toronto had sent to Dallas in last year's draft in exchange for the rights to rookie center Solomon Alabi and cash considerations. In return, Dallas will receive the rights to 2007 second-round pick Georgios Printezis (who plays in Spain and is no longer considered an NBA prospect) and create a salary-cap exception equal to Ajinca's $1.5 million salary."

Stein: Alexis Ajinca to Toronto

Looks like Toronto and Dallas are making a small transaction.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Mavericks, meanwhile, are closing in on a separate trade with Toronto by week's end -- sending little-used center Alexis Ajinca to Toronto -- to create a roster spot for Stojakovic without having to let newcomer Sasha Pavlovic go.
    Source - Click here

Comment

BC , lets see another one homie
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Well, this should help the rebounding woes.

Comment

Power shift in the east.

Comment

Dallas is awfully nice to us. Gave us Alabi for nothing. And Ajinca for a guy who will never play in the NBA. Are they that happy with Marion?
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I'm not sure how this is legal. Well, I guess it is because TECHNICALLY Peja signing with Dallas isn't part of the deal, but it's basically an under the table deal.

Still it's a nice deal and more than I would have thought. So basically Colangelo got Ajinca and a 2nd round pick for releasing a guy who really wasn't part of the team's plan anyways. Not bad.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Coincidentally I just finished reading a couple of denunciations of BC re letting Peja go for nothing.

What does this do to Alabi I wonder?

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                  Power shift in the east.
                  lol!

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure how this is legal. Well, I guess it is because TECHNICALLY Peja signing with Dallas isn't part of the deal, but it's basically an under the table deal.

Still it's a nice deal and more than I would have thought. So basically Colangelo got Ajinca and a 2nd round pick for releasing a guy who really wasn't part of the team's plan anyways. Not bad.
                    It is nice to have a 7'2" 22 year old who hasn't been given much of a chance on a rebuilding team. However DAL had been trying to get rid of him for quite some time. Getting the pick back was a nice addition.

I guess BC holds no grudge against the Mavs for swiping Chandler away.

Comment

(((yawn)))

Comment

Give BC credit, one tall Frenchman slips through his fingers, he goes out and finds another one.
                        "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                        -Newsradio

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          It is nice to have a 7'2" 22 year old who hasn't been given much of a chance on a rebuilding team. However DAL had been trying to get rid of him for quite some time. Getting the pick back was a nice addition.

I guess BC holds no grudge against the Mavs for swiping Chandler away.
                          This will mark the third deal the Raptors have done with Dallas in two years. It's funny how often that sort of thing happens. Ajinca is a good pickup. I thought he'd be a better player, by now, and should get a few minutes to try and prove himself on the Raptors. It's funny, because Alabi was compared by some to Ajinca. Both rail thin and offensively raw players who block shots and grew up outside of North America.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

So basically this its Ajinca, 2nd rounder for Georgios Printezis. To me it sounds like the Mavs aren't exactly giving the Raptors a sweetheart deal for helping them make way for Peja.

Scouting Report:
                            Alexis Ajinca is very raw, but has the ability to be a good role player in the NBA. He's very mobile and quick on his feet, but isn't big enough yet to survive in the post in the NBA. He is a project player and
                            should be left in Europe to develop for at least 2 years, if teams want maximum results.

He's a decent passer for a big man. He's got great athleticism and long arms. These allow him to deny many shots as he consistently put up 5, 6, or even 7 blocks in a game last season in France. Alexis Ajinca runs the court well and is very aware. He's a very poor rebounder for a 7 footer and he does not box out very often. He is good at chasing down rebounds, but not at grabbing them against bigger guys.

He'll be easily boxed out unless he bulks up. He shows a nice touch around the rim and can stretch his shooting touch out to 15 feet, but probably not any more than that.
                            Source: AssociatedContent.com
                            Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jan 20, 2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I like this deal, we get a huge center that can block and rebound with alot of upside. just have to throw some muscle on this kid and hope it work out. If not maybe alabi works out, both are low risk and we dropped pejas old ass for a 22 yr old. now were the second youngest team in the NBA. i bet reggie is next!

Comment

Working...
                              X