Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Paul Trade Rumors: The final deal (#133)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry and Los Angeles Clippers guard Eric Gordon are the two players New Orleans has pursued the hardest in the Hornets' fast-moving search for a workable Chris Paul trade, according to sources close to the talks.
    But the Hornets continue to meet with resistance from the Warriors and the Clippers on Curry and Gordon, sources told ESPN.com, because both teams are reluctant to part with their young backcourt cornerstones with no assurance from Paul that he will stay beyond this season.
    ESPN.com reported Monday that in addition to the Warriors and Clippers -- New Orleans' preferred trade partners -- at least three teams have told the Hornets that they're willing to trade for Paul without any assurance that he'll extend his contract or re-sign next summer. They are the Celtics, Rockets and Dallas Mavericks, with Boston widely considered to be the strongest bidder in that group despite what sources describe as the Hornets' lukewarm interest to date in the primary players offered by the Celtics: All-Star guard Rajon Rondo and forward Jeff Green.
    The Los Angeles Lakers, sources said, also remain in the Paul hunt
    But one source told ESPN.com late Tuesday that the Hornets have not yet ruled out accepting a trade package headlined by Pau Gasol.
    The Hornets have reservations about both players, sources say, related to Bynum's injury history and Gasol's major struggles in a second-round sweep by Dallas last spring at age 31.
    Source: ESPN.com

Comment

New Orleans should focus on GSW and LAC. Both those teams are offering very good deals.

GSW:
      Udoh
      Thompson
      Curry

LAC:
      s&t with Jordan
      Bledsoe
      Aminu
      Minnesota 1st round pick

I would go with the Clippers deal personally. They will most likely have 2 lottery picks in this upcoming draft. If Paul signs an extension the Clippers would reportedly include Eric Gordon.

Comment

That Clippers deal without Gordon looks pretty sweet... Makes you wonder what the Raptors would look like had that not been made the example along with the Cavs. It would seem that the Cavs and Raptors getting hosed was a game changer for other clubs.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Sadly it appears the new CBA has not closed the window on star players forcing what they want. Via SI.com:

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011...s-paul-to-n-y/

Unfortunately the only way to end this to call his bluff and do exactly what Apollo said in post 2.
          you know I really wish the entire season was missed. So, all this bullshit was sorted out. THis league is going to become like the "SAW" franchise, a parody of itself and a joke.

Selfish money grubbing, judicious, fuck faces is what this league is full of!
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            It's the wave of the future, some super teams and then the rest of the NBA is cannon fodder.
            League has always been dominated by a few teams. Was ever thus.

As for this "super-team" nonsense, take heart. Last year the Mavs won with one superstar. The top team in the regular season was the Bulls. Remember Derrick Rose? This "superfriends" crap is unsustainable. A passing fad. As a very wise man once said, "What can't continue, won't". This won't.

Comment

Last year the Mavs won with a guy who couldn't get respect equal to his game and wasn't viewed as a superstar until he won it. That is something positive no doubt about it, especially when you consider the Mavs stunk before their late 90's sale.

I sincerely hope you're right about "Super friends" being a fad because I so much more liked it when Superstars wanted to win it on their own team to build their own legacy. This "I'm not brave enough to be my own man" stuff is tainting the image of these stars in my opinion. If Durant wins it in Oklahoma City it could be a game changer. He's a new wave Superstar with an old school mentality. He needs to lead the way.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Last year the Mavs won with a guy who couldn't get respect equal to his game and wasn't viewed as a superstar until he won it. That is something positive no doubt about it, especially when you consider the Mavs stunk before their late 90's sale.

I sincerely hope you're right about "Super friends" being a fad because I so much more liked it when Superstars wanted to win it on their own team to build their own legacy. This "I'm not brave enough to be my own man" stuff is tainting the image of these stars in my opinion. If Durant wins it in Oklahoma City it could be a game changer. He's a new wave Superstar with an old school mentality. He needs to lead the way.
                Durant is living the sweet life right now.. OKC is a pretty stacked team with a bunch of young stars with lots of potential. I'm sure he'd be singing a different tune if he was the only player on this team that was any good (like Paul, Howard, Bosh, Lebron, Wade, etc). It's hard to say though.

I think Rose has the right superstar mentality. Even though he's in a big city - he didn't reach out to players like Lebron, or Wade to get them to Chicago during last year's frenzy. I heard that one of the reasons why Lebron ditched Chicago as a landing pad was because Rose didn't reach out to him. Rose I think wants to be the alpha dog. I like that attitude.

Comment

Durant came out and said he wouldn't chase other guys around the league, that he wanted his own team last summer when he signed the extension under the radar; meanwhile LeBron humiliated Cavs fans in prime time.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    League has always been dominated by a few teams. Was ever thus.

As for this "super-team" nonsense, take heart. Last year the Mavs won with one superstar. The top team in the regular season was the Bulls. Remember Derrick Rose? This "superfriends" crap is unsustainable. A passing fad. As a very wise man once said, "What can't continue, won't". This won't.
                    Good quote. I had not heard that one before.... surprisingly.

Comment

JUst wait a couple of years once the NBl improves and we start having top talent come out of canada. Hopefully we can draft a canadian franchise player in the future atleast he won't leave.

Comment

We all heard of "The Decision", right? Kicking sand in the face of your homeland is a bigger at the end of the day though so I hope you're right.

Comment

Multiple league executives say the Knicks are now in the lead to land Tyson Chandler, jumping in front of the Warriors.
                          If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.
                          Can confirm @WojYahooNBA detail that one scenario in Chandler deal has Billups being traded. Amnesty also a possibiity.
                          If the Knicks' next move is to engage NOR in CP3 talks for Stoudemire, this is not something that Amar'e would be happy with, at all.
                          Source: Twitter @KBergCBS

I sort of hope Amare gets screwed over here and the Knicks get Paul. I'm not rooting for anyone who bails on their team. So Amare takes his medicine and then the Knicks pretty much make a lateral move because Amare and Billups is just a good a combo as Chandler and Paul.

Comment

Lakers won't go away

the Lakers, Hornets and Rockets are engaged in 3-way talks on deal that would send Chris Paul to Lakers.
                            Source: Twitter @WojYahooNBA

I really don't get what more the Rockets have to offer.

Comment

The Knicks could also wait it out for Steve Nash next year.

They could offer him the full MLE this summer.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Source: Twitter @WojYahooNBA

I really don't get what more the Rockets have to offer.

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
                                Hou has what New Orl wants in trade 4 CP: established players (Scola, KMart), youth (Budinger, Patterson), 1st-rnd picks (Own, NYK'12)..
                                If Paul ends up in LAL with the Lakers only giving up Gasol we should all be prepared for the Lakers having Paul, Kobe, and D12..... oh yeah, and Turkoglu!

Comment

Working...
                                X