No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost wanted the Knicks to match just for the hilarity of them having to eat a 9M contract in year three, but since they didn't, I'm actually pretty happy with this signing. Yes, 20M is a lot of money, but to me its not as unreasonable as some of the "NBA experts" are saying. I like Fields, and I think he'll live up to his 7M per year from TO with smart basketball.

Comment

• Can we please merge all these Landry Fields threads, I think we have covered all aspects of his game, who like the signing, who doesn't, what his strengths are, his weaknesses....
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Hope his middle name is Andrew of Argyle or Arthur. L.A.F. His nickname could be Laffer. Would suit his apparent personality.

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
          ... Good shooting is all about meticulous repetition, and if your form changes every time you shoot, your practice time is being wasted.
          Spot on.

Comment

• Great post, tkfu. And maybe Fields will get some much needed help here, because the Rap's assistant coach (can't remember his name) who worked with JJ last year did miracles (getting JJ to improve all the way from hideous to merely mediocre in a matter of months).

Comment

• Hey tkfu, did you also go through his rookie year? I mean, if you're going to make a judgment, maybe it should include that too. I'm not trying to make excuses, but variance in form can also be the result of exhaustion/lack of conditioning. I know that sounds bad, but I mean mostly because of the shortened season where he possibly didn't keep his training regimen up in the summer beforehand either. It was a tough season for many players, and for some that was obviously part of the reason. And if I had a bunch of extra time off with no end in sight to spend with a girl that hot, I might not spend too much time in the gym.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Hey tkfu, did you also go through his rookie year? I mean, if you're going to make a judgment, maybe it should include that too. I'm not trying to make excuses, but variance in form can also be the result of exhaustion/lack of conditioning. I know that sounds bad, but I mean mostly because of the shortened season where he possibly didn't keep his training regimen up in the summer beforehand either. It was a tough season for many players, and for some that was obviously part of the reason. And if I had a bunch of extra time off with no end in sight to spend with a girl that hot, I might not spend too much time in the gym.
                No, I haven't looked at his rookie year yet. Maybe I will for a follow-up post. There's one thing I noticed that could maybe be attributed to a change in offensive system: he was especially terrible when he was curling or coming off pindown screens. He was best when he was already squared up before catching the pass, often either off a quick perimeter cut to the open space or spotted up in the corner. He's got a really good sense of where the ball handler's passing lanes are going to be, and gets himself into the right spot and makes himself available for the pass. That is a skill that he is years ahead of DeRozan in, incidentally: too often DeMar just stands still on the perimeter or in the corner when he could be making himself more of a threat.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Hey tkfu, did you also go through his rookie year? I mean, if you're going to make a judgment, maybe it should include that too. I'm not trying to make excuses, but variance in form can also be the result of exhaustion/lack of conditioning. I know that sounds bad, but I mean mostly because of the shortened season where he possibly didn't keep his training regimen up in the summer beforehand either. It was a tough season for many players, and for some that was obviously part of the reason. And if I had a bunch of extra time off with no end in sight to spend with a girl that hot, I might not spend too much time in the gym.
                  When were all those pics with his girlfriend taken. Probably during the lockout.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    I almost wanted the Knicks to match just for the hilarity of them having to eat a 9M contract in year three, but since they didn't, I'm actually pretty happy with this signing. Yes, 20M is a lot of money, but to me its not as unreasonable as some of the "NBA experts" are saying. I like Fields, and I think he'll live up to his 7M per year from TO with smart basketball.
                    18.7, not 20 million.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      18.7, not 20 million.
                      Indeed. Even better.

In the end, I am cautiously optimistic that Fields will be an above average player in the league for us. Seeing as the average salary is ~5.2 M, having an above average player for ~6.3 M per season is pretty good.

Comment

• Hey tkfu, great analysis. You're dead on about the high release point too from what I saw last year. From what I recall, there were actually games where he would release the ball entirely differently from shot to shot *within the same game* which is definitely problematic, but which is also reassuring, insofar as it's easily corrected with coaching and practice.

Btw, how do you use this synergy thing? I've been hearing about it a few times now, is it something you need to purchase? Or am I just revealing my newbyness lol

Comment

• Yeah!!!

Yeahhhhhh... another avg player.
                          Well I guess he would be good off the bench player,soooo u got jj,klieza,ross,demar,fields...lol..
                          This franchise needs big trade,plz go get a proven sf...enough with these mediocre talent,omg,just brutal signing.
                          Ohh yeah,if u think this good signing then why didn't ny match it,they wont even match Lin contract, bc his not worth it same as fields...

P.S

Why the hell is calderon still a raptor,amnesty his A$$,get him out of here or trade him..I'm sure 1 year at 10 million is worth a lot on the market...ie salary cap relief.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Lol so many skattered thoughts summed up into one hilarious post. Well done Hannibal.

Though I completely disagree with most everything you just said.

Comment

• Landry officially belongs to the Raptors.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-...4940--nba.html

I'm excited, I like this dude.

Comment

• Landry Fields‏@landryfields
                                Out with the old in with the new! Toronto, let's do this! ‪#Excited‬ @Raptors
                                Landry Fields‏@landryfields
                                Thanking God not only for another day, but another opportunity! Toronto bound.. ‪#GGTG‬

Love this guy already. Seems very humble and down to earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X