Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    That final steal he did in Indiana was a mastermind hustle play. He scored and instead of rejoicing he ran back to coverage guy leading out for the pass and stole it. That's heads up play and smart.
    he didn't score, amir did. But either way I agree with your point

Comment

• As Charles Barkely would Say "Stats Dont mean a thing" Kobe takes the last shot have you seen his stat line?????? no question its going to him even if he is 1-54 . Rudy Gay is that guy,

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        If that was Bargs the whole forum would have been exploding.
        The truth is no one will complain if the team is winning. To a point that even bad shooting percentages are overlooked. That being said though, both in terms of talent and personality, Gay has what it takes to carry a team on his shoulders while the same can't be said about Bargnani.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          If that was Bargs the whole forum would have been exploding.
          Lol because bargnani can't do shit but score. Rudy Gay does so much more

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            he didn't score, amir did. But either way I agree with your point
            I stand corrected. Amir did score the basket and then once again on the Gay steal and pass. But you are right. It was a a hustle and heads up play. Thanks for correcting me!

Comment

• BallaBalla wrote: View Post
              We're winning
              +1000. We're still in the honeymoon phase. Remember when the Raps traded for Jalen Rose and then won 5 in a row? At the end, his greatest value to the franchise was cap space.

Just wait for the next 5 game losing streak and fans will be ready to run Gay out of town with "I told you so". Even though I wasn't a big fan of getting Gay, I do like the fact that we traded 2 redundant pieces (Jose, Ed) to fill a glaring hole (SF). The contract still makes me ill and yes, his efficiency is not great, but he's our main guy for the next few years, so no real point focusing on the negatives.

Comment

• For the big Bargnani fans, be thankful for RG. He has stepped into the spotlight that Bargs couldn't handle and has brought a winning atmosphere where Andrea has a chance to shine. If AB does start to play better and makes it past the trade deadline it wouldn't happen if it wasn't for the play of RG no matter how dismal his shooting percentage is.

Comment

• Because unlike Derozan, Bargnani when shooting inefficient, Rudy Gay makes the big and most important plays regardless. He impacts the game however he is shooting whether it's coming up with the big shot, big block, rebounding, etc. i.e. Indiana game.

Plus, he's a presence. Not many guys int he league where you go "Not this guy."
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Team chemistry is nice but in a professional league is it really that critical? It's not like these guys are in College or High School. OKC traded Harden who everyone thought was nuts because of his chemistry with Durant/Westbrook, yet OKC is half game out of first in the West.

The Raptors have chemistry yet they are 14 games from just being at .500.

You need guys on your team that are talented, want to win and will play hard. Whether they are friends or not off the court doesn't really matter.
                    Disagree. As a player, you know that both of you don't trust one another, and that becomes a problem. It's extremely important to have chemistry, and I think that's where it hurt Kobe/Dwight this season, Wade/James first season as a Heat member.

The OKC example backs it up as well, Harden gone, this team has had quite a bit more conflict on the bench than it's had in the years. Especially between Westbrook and Durant. Great talent, and they both do have chemistry, but a guy like Harden helps to settle any extra conflict.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                      I stand corrected. Amir did score the basket and then once again on the Gay steal and pass. But you are right. It was a a hustle and heads up play. Thanks for correcting me!
                      In fact, Gay missed that shot (just before his famous steal) and if it weren't for Amir's offensive rebound, Gay's miss would have cost us the Indiana game. He clutch lost that game for us before he clutch won it. (And I do appreciate his added contributions outside of taking and missing too many shots.)

... just sitting here in the corner watching Pistons replays, half of which feature Calderon making various Pistons look like all stars, and sighing ...

Comment

• Did I mention that Caldy went 10 for 13 in Detroit's last win against Milwaukee, including 3 for 4 from three? I wish we had a shooter like that on our team ...

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
                          Did I mention that Caldy went 10 for 13 in Detroit's last win against Milwaukee, including 3 for 4 from three? I wish we had a shooter like that on our team ...
                          So what? Calderon is a good shooter everyone knows that, Are you saying you want Calderon over Rudy Gay?

Don't be silly Rudy offers leadership we never had Calderon has been running the PG position on this team for 7 years and the Raps have just been stuck in mediocrity let it go. Calderon on average will not impact a game.

Comment

In fact, Gay missed that shot (just before his famous steal) and if it weren't for Amir's offensive rebound, Gay's miss would have cost us the Indiana game. He clutch lost that game for us before he clutch won it. (And I do appreciate his added contributions outside of taking and missing too many shots.)

... just sitting here in the corner watching Pistons replays, half of which feature Calderon making various Pistons look like all stars, and sighing ...
                            Raptors have not had a guy able to create his own shot and get to the rim creating a help situation and put back opportunity for Amir.

Can you imagine DeMar in that situation trying to create?

Also, before that play in regulation he had the monster baseline jam.

Comment

That was the problem in Toronto too...that is, getting fooled into thinking that mediocre players are allstars (e.g. Bargnani and DeRozan).

Not having Calderon to "mask" their weaknesses is a blessing in disguise in terms of properly evaluating this roster moving forward.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Now that I see Gay's game live, the shots that REALLY bug me are the crazy amount of 3s he's attempted. Just far too many...maybe he is a better shooter than this, but he's not having a great season shooting so he needs to cut that down.

A lot of the 2s I'm ok with. A lot of the tougher ones he has to take, and him doing so is a better option than Demar or Bargs. He could maybe stand to get a few more trips to the line, but he also has a tendency to just try and finish over guys with his length, and he's been somewhat effective with that.
                                I just see it as opening the defense. He takes a three then next play his man plays tight D and he drives to the basket.

But yeah, since he became a Raptor, he's taken 6,5,7,2,4 and has only made 5. Ouch. Hopefully Demar's gym rat attitude will rub off on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X