Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #3: Toronto Raptors 98 - Brooklyn Nets 102 (Nets Lead Series 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    If. Not when.
    He's talking about when DeMar retires.
    OG is our king

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Special1 is in love with Casey and Derozan, No need to talk to a homer who is oblivious to what's really going on
      Thanks... I look forward to ignoring your posts from here on out. I'm a homer because I don't think you know much at all....lol

It's pretty easy to dismiss other posters as homers because they don't agree with your views huh? Ugh

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Thanks... I look forward to ignoring your posts from here on out. I'm a homer because I don't think you know much at all....lol

It's pretty easy to dismiss other posters as homers because they don't agree with your views huh? Ugh
        Yup you've figured me out man

I give up
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Two players that need to get more mins are: 1) Novak and 2) de Colo. Why does DC bring in Novak the end of games when he's been sitting ice cold on the bench? It's not rocket science that shooters need to be in the flow of the game to get their shots off.

de Colo is a playmaker. When the offense struggles as much as it does in the half court, you need a facilitator like de Colo who can break down defenses and make the extra pass to the open man. This team gets into the same rut with the two-man game of DD and KL.

Comment

• Dd becomes the first Raptor to score 30 points in consecutive playoff games but of course RR wants him traded. Reputations are made and lost in the playoffs. Dd is building pretty good one right now. The league is on full notice now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ps77 wrote: View Post
              Two players that need to get more mins are: 1) Novak and 2) de Colo. Why does DC bring in Novak the end of games when he's been sitting ice cold on the bench? It's not rocket science that shooters need to be in the flow of the game to get their shots off.

de Colo is a playmaker. When the offense struggles as much as it does in the half court, you need a facilitator like de Colo who can break down defenses and make the extra pass to the open man. This team gets into the same rut with the two-man game of DD and KL.
              Novak does not need more minutes. I can see potential given he's a shooter and we could use some spacing...but he can't guard JJ, and playing him at the PF means taking minutes away from Patterson, who gives shooting and much more.

De Colo is just too wild. He seems to need guaranteed minutes to settle down, otherwise he's a loose cannon.

Comment

• ps77 wrote: View Post
                Two players that need to get more mins are: 1) Novak and 2) de Colo. Why does DC bring in Novak the end of games when he's been sitting ice cold on the bench? It's not rocket science that shooters need to be in the flow of the game to get their shots off.

Wow. Are you kidding?

Raptors need to go on a tight 8 man rotation. This is how i would do it next game.

JV
                Amir
                Fields
                DeRozan
                Lowry

Patterson
                Ross
                Vasquez
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Hopefully MU is watching this when assessing DCs future.
                  MU prolly reassessing his own GM future after seeing the upside of this team.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

you're talking to a guy who has repeatedly copy and pasted posts from realgm and claiming they're his own for some bizarre reason, most likely due to lack of actual bball knowledge. hes been called out multiple times for it but just ignores it, thinking no one notices.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      you're talking to a guy who has repeatedly copy and pasted posts from realgm and claiming they're his own for some bizarre reason, most likely due to lack of actual bball knowledge. hes been called out multiple times for it but just ignores it, thinking no one notices.
                      Everyone can notice it LMAO cuz i don't really care

You make it sound like it's some fucking sin or something
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Novak does not need more minutes. I can see potential given he's a shooter and we could use some spacing...but he can't guard JJ, and playing him at the PF means taking minutes away from Patterson, who gives shooting and much more.

De Colo is just too wild. He seems to need guaranteed minutes to settle down, otherwise he's a loose cannon.
                        The problem here is their sample size i.e., playing time, is so limited to assess their fit in DC's system. Ideally, they should have had more PT during the regular season to prep them for the post season, but that's after the fact. Landry should be in the starting rotation to guard JJ and then you can have TRoss/Novak share mins on the second shift. Unless TRoss gets his O going, his D is becoming a liability. At least, Novak has more height and weight than TRoss to guard a player the size of JJ.

As for de Colo, he plays at a higher speed so for some players it may require some adjustment. He's a pupil of Popovich so I have more faith in his discipline and training than what DC can draw from his playbook.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                          Shooting averages of our bigs through three games:

JV
                          7-13
                          5-9
                          4-4

total: 16-26 (62%)

AJ
                          1-2
                          8-10
                          3-6

total: 12-18 (67%)

PP
                          4-8
                          5-9
                          6-7

total: 15-24 (63%)

Total shots by these three players by game:
                          1: 23
                          2: 28
                          3: 17

How the HELL are you not exploiting this advantage all game, every game, Casey?! It's by far the best advantage the Raptors have, and you're letting Kidd take it away from you.
                          This...

Comment

• Not only that, but our team is far more athletic. Why we aren't running the ball up the court to get buckets is beyond me.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Wow. Are you kidding?

Raptors need to go on a tight 8 man rotation. This is how i would do it next game.

JV
                              Amir
                              Fields
                              DeRozan
                              Lowry

Patterson
                              Ross
                              Vasquez

Ideally, you want to tighten the bench in the post season. However, this team has consistently demonstrated in these three games their inability to handle defensive pressure and taking care of the ball. Perhaps the players are fatigued and losing their focus and legs in their shots. If so, DC needs to make the adjustments and bring in fresh bodies and distribute the mins. You can see DD's shots later in the game were falling short. As well, KL was getting beaten up in the paint and on defensive rotations. DC played with a longer bench for much of the regular season so sticking with what got you there may not be such a wild idea.

Comment

• And RE Casey being a terrible coach, how about the fact that tonight we saw, for the first time ever, Demar brining the ball up and the offence being initiated with Demar/JV pick and rolls.

You're going to try this out in game 3 of the first round? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????????????
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X