From Toronto to Memphis
    Hedo Turkoglu or Jose Calderon
    Patrick O Bryant
    Second Round Pick

To Memphis to Toronto
    Rudy Gay
    Steven Hunter
    Marcus Williams

Gay is in a contract year and Hunter and Williams are coming off the books.
    This frees up space to give Rudy a large contract, and gives Toronto a really good wing player who is capable of scoring 20 a night.

Currently their are rumours that Memphis is looking to get a point guard (Rajon Rondo) and Toronto having a surplus of good point guards and Hedo Turkoglu. Therefore it would be possible for Toronto to give up one of them to bring in a crucial piece.

I feel this trade benefits both teams and Toronto and Memphis are benefited in the long run.

Doing this move will also help cement to Bosh that we are committed to the future of the franchise, and even if bosh walks in the summer of 2010, we would be left with Gay, (Whoever stays hedo or jose), demar, bargs, and someone at power forward.

I dont know, the money works in both situations, Hedo or Jose

What do you think

This doesn't help Memphis at all. While a case could be made that they could use Jose Calderon, they certainly wouldn't give up Rudy Gay for him. In addition there are few teams right now that will trade for Turkoglu's contract, and the cost-conscious Grizzles aren't one of them.

Finally, what happens when Rudy Gay demands a near-max contract from Toronto? Or if he decides he doesn't want to return at all?

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
      Finally, what happens when Rudy Gay demands a near-max contract from Toronto? Or if he decides he doesn't want to return at all?
      Not that I think this deal would ever happen but...

If Rudy Gay demands a near-max contract from Toronto then they should damn well give it to him! Unless of course he is only averaging 18ppg...
      22+ppg gets you a near-max contract.
      Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

Working...
      X