Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Bosh Dumped The Raptors So He Could Be On T.V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Bosh Dumped The Raptors So He Could Be On T.V.

As Chris Bosh prepared for his debut with his new team Tuesday night against the Celtics, the five-time all-star offered another reason as to why he left his former team, the Toronto Raptors.

Bosh told Toronto newspapers it was his desire for national exposure in the United States that helped fuel his move south.

“Really, it's all about being on TV at the end of the day,” Bosh said. “Seriously. A guy can average 20 (points) and 10 (rebounds), and nobody really cares. If you don't see it (on U.S. national TV), then it doesn't really happen.”

Bosh spent his first seven seasons with the Raptors, then left during the much-anticipated 2010 free agency period.

He and Lebron James signed to play alongside Dwyane Wade with the Miami Heat.

This is not the first time that Bosh has made his feelings about Toronto known since departing for Miami.

"I didn't want to go there," Bosh told the Miami Herald in July. "It was different. All I knew was Vince Carter was there and I never saw him play on TV. It was a whole different country, and it was just different. I'm 19 years old, I didn't know anything about culture and being away from home. All I know is the States. Toronto's a great place, a fantastic city. It's a metropolitan area, but you could tell you're somewhere different. You could feel it, you could look at it, you can smell it. Everything. All your senses tell you you're somewhere different."

Bosh makes his appearance with Heat in Toronto on Feb. 16
    Source: TSN.ca

So do think think this is one of the primary reasons some players don't want to come to Toronto, because they won't get nationally aired on U.S. television? Wasn't Carter's successful teams on there a lot? Maybe Bosh should look the mirror?
    Yes
    59.09%
    No
    40.91%

The poll is expired.

chris bosh is the paris hilton of the nba.

wants the coverage, but cant earn it on his own merits.. but his figures make him think he deserves it.. even though he's just a waste of human life.

Comment

honestly, this guy should just shut up, it ain't about averaging 20 and 10, if the team isn't winning ur not gonna be on U.S. television, its that simple, we didn't make it to the playoffs in over 2 years now and in his tenture, we only made it twice. Dammit now I'm starting to wish we had drafted D-Wade, regardless of the carter situation.

Comment

Thats a pretty sad comment. I really wanted to like the guy, but he seems to try hard to be un-liked. Sadly, it's all part of his desire to be media savvy.

It further illustrates why those of us that abhorred the whole "decision" bullshit are right. As are the vets that publicly showed their displeasure. These guys may be operating under the rules of the CBA, but they are destroying and making a mockery of the rules of true competition that have been in place since the Greeks were Wrasslin a wayyyyy back when. Competition is about facing a challenge, and taking that epic personal journey to prove to yourself you can not only meet the challenge, but succeed. When you cannot, you accept the loss, learn from it, retool and try again.

I have no respect for Bosh's decision to take the easy way out. He has all the money he needs, he had his own car in the race, and he caved in to make a weak decision, now riding in the back seat of a pretty pathetic and stacked car.

Go win the race bosh, you will never, EVER know what it would have been like to conquer the challenge. And honestly, you don't deserve to know that feeling.

Comment

wow he obviously chose the wrong profession should of been on that retarded show glee as one of those cheerleaders if he wanted exposure in the U.S! what a drama queen
          and a part of the reason why he was hardly seen in the states because he never did shit for them to want to show him ugly mug, talking like hes the only guy in the league to average 20-10 what a joke

Comment

I think if you win you get more recognition, however to compare it to the Carter years is not a good frame of reference as Carter was exciting a player as there was in the NBA.

When Raps won division in 06 was there any interest outside of what we as fans were watching?

I don't think he ever said anything about not being on TV, being a reason why players wouldn't come to the Raptors and if it was all about TV i'm sure he could have left a long time ago.

When I was a kid I used to watch the Saturday or Sunday day games on NBC and usually the good teams or exciting teams played on those days. If you are good at your job you should want to be recognized as your peers do. He probably felt he wasn't.

All that being said I wonder if Toronto fans be more as critical of Bosh if instead of saying things about exposure or tv, he simply said he left because Miami gave him an immediate chance to win and the Raptor management and players sucked and he didn't want to shoulder the whole load anymore because NO TEAM in the NBA that is good has one player that shoulders the load.

Cleveland tried it with LeBron who is a far better player and as good as he is they never went anywhere.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              he's just a waste of human life.
              Extreme maybe?

Comment

Utah Jazz. Case closed.

Comment

It must surely kill him then when he turns on his TiVO after a game and hear national commentators mention his name as an afterthought to the other two amigos....and sometimes entirely forgotten. I have heard him called a "jumpshooter", "third option" and "not physical enough".
                  This comment (tv exposure) is further validation of his ill conceived statements prior to leaving about how the Raptors were still in the running for his services and that he really wanted to absorb the feeling as a free agent etc. Not only was he a liar but an immature one at that. A simple "we'll see what happens" or "no comment" would have sufficed. Many of his fans understand that free agency is a right given players under the cba. What they cannot handle very well is the duplicity and their collective intelligence.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Extreme maybe?
                    nah.

i could say worse.. but i'm reining myself in a bit

Comment

no comment.

Comment

I don't know about all that because if TO's winning games the media coverage will come but I can understand CB's frustrations with the lack of National American media coverage of the Raptors let's remember he was still an All Star so someone had to recognize his talent level. As well folks it takes more energy to hate than to regulate Bosh is gone and now we see BC's true colors (slandering CB in media post f/a) & roster making abilities sans CB- a top line NBA player that he inherited when he became GM in TO.

BC is the GM with no clothes...let them watch basketball- but 1st you have to field a competitive team not an experiemental rendition of.....

That being said I had a strong feeling that CB was gone from TO long before BC's infamous "someone got in his(CB) ear at the all star game" quote as soon as I seen this:

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                          I don't know about all that because if TO's winning games the media coverage will come but I can understand CB's frustrations with the lack of National American media coverage of the Raptors let's remember he was still an All Star so someone had to recognize his talent level. As well folks it takes more energy to hate than to regulate Bosh is gone and now we see BC's true colors (slandering CB in media post f/a) & roster making abilities sans CB- a top line NBA player that he inherited when he became GM in TO.

BC is the GM with no clothes...let them watch basketball- but 1st you have to field a competitive team not an experiemental rendition of.....

That being said I had a strong feeling that CB was gone from TO long before BC's infamous "someone got in his(CB) ear at the all star game" quote as soon as I seen this:
                          So Bosh makes All-Star games, the US Olympic team playing for an invisible franchise?
                          Yet during Carter's reign the Raptors were on US National TV many times hmmm...
                          The Raptors were even on US National TV Christmas Day 2001 vs. the New York Knicks. As we all know... Christmas Day NBA games are the equivalent of NFL Thanksgiving Day games, or more recently NHL Winter Classics (i.e. The premier showcase for each League)

With respect to the video... Do you mean because his teammates didn't come to his defense? Well riddle me this... does that say more about his teammates or him? It could very well be that we're only seeing now what the players already were seeing last year in the locker room day in and day out.

My suggestion as I posted elsewhere on RR is to have NO reaction to Bosh when he returns. Do not give him any attention which is what he craves more than anything else.

Comment

What Chris Bosh doesn't understand, is the the TV is following the success of the teams not individual players. Bosh was a huge part of Raptors in the past few years and therefore he was one of the reasons Raptors didn't get the expected media attention.

Comment

photoman wrote: View Post
                              So Bosh makes All-Star games, the US Olympic team playing for an invisible franchise?
                              Yet during Carter's reign the Raptors were on US National TV many times hmmm...
                              The Raptors were even on US National TV Christmas Day 2001 vs. the New York Knicks. As we all know... Christmas Day NBA games are the equivalent of NFL Thanksgiving Day games, or more recently NHL Winter Classics (i.e. The premier showcase for each League)
                              Also celebrities made frequent appearances at Toronto games but anyway I decided put myself in Bosh's shoes and think about it from his perspective and then I thought about the only real example of a popular, successful Toronto basketball team. It was those couple years before Carter got hurt when he was at his prime. He was an amazing player then, better than Chris is now. He did however have an excellent supporting cast, a lot better than Bosh ever saw in Toronto. Carter was surrounded by tough, blue collar players who hung their hat on working hard for wins. Guys like Antonio Davis, Charles Oakley, Keon Clark, JYD, Alvin Williams, Kevin Willias, Dell Curry, Mugsy Bogues and Mo Pete. Bosh was surrounded by what would seem to be a "bizarro" 1999-2002 Toronto Raptors squad. Yes, Bosh doesn't have the star power of Vince Carter and that played a big factor but he was partially correct. I think though, even if the Raptors made it to game seven of round two with Bosh, he still would not get the attention he is seeking. For the record, I think in Miami he's not going to get the exact attention he seeks either. There he will be an after thought and his contributions will be less. He will have more eyes watching him but he will also has less opportunities to showcase himself to these extra eyes... Let's count how many times he demands the ball down low and gets ignored this year.

It's 2003-2004 all over again Chris, buddy. Get used to it. Get used to being smacked around at center from time to time again too.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Thu Oct 28, 2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X