Ujiri: He'd Be "Comfortable" Beginning Season With This Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post

Quite an interesting thread, fellow mods and admins, please merge if feel the need too, but this tweet is very interesting. Videos and more quotes to be updated as they are uploaded later on.

If Ujiri truly feels comfortable starting the season with this team, it seems obvious to me, that the Raptors are re-tooling.
    I have a few observations:

1. I can't see the Raptors starting the season with the current 15 man roster. I'd be surprised if the Camby and/or Kleiza situations are left unresolved. I also can't see them going into the season with just 2 PGs on the roster, especially when one has proven to be injury-prone and the other is still quite raw.

2. Both Ujiri and Weltman left the door wide open to hugely significant trades being made prior to the season (ie: Gay and/or DeRozan), as long as it's a fantastic offer.

3. MU is going to treat the first half of the season as one big roster evaluation, with regards to both individual player talent/potential and player 'fit' together. If this core doesn't produce solid results (ie: highly competitive with much improved win/loss record) while showing plenty of room for further improvement, I expect MU to be extremely busy leading up to the trade deadline. I could see MU going from 'compete for playoffs' to 'tank for 2014 draft and 2014 offseason rebuilding/retooling' in a heartbeat. He has several good players (ie: Gay, DeRozan, Lowry) and lots of expiring / potentially expiring (team option / non-guaranteed) contracts at his disposal (ie: Kleiza, Lowry, Gray, Johnson, Hansborough, Camby, Richardson, Stone, Acy), to use as trade bait.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jul 10, 2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen him cut. Remember him still being chubby back with Houston and Memphis.

I like it more for what it insinuates about his effort/concentration level than anything. Didn't notice stamina ever being a big issue...

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
        I like it more for what it insinuates about his effort/concentration level than anything. Didn't notice stamina ever being a big issue...
        I thought he looked gassed several times this season
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Interesting...
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
            Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen him cut. Remember him still being chubby back with Houston and Memphis.

Don't forget, he's also playing for a new contract.

Comment

he always looked like a big eyed chubster to me, doesn't help that he has sort of a baby face. Its good that he lost that extra weight, dude was chunky. He also had an ass the size of the moon, well he probably still does unless there's a way to lose ass weight

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I have a few observations:

1. I can't see the Raptors starting the season with the current 15 man roster. I'd be surprised if the Camby and/or Kleiza situations are left unresolved. I also can't see them going into the season with just 2 PGs are the roster, especially when one has proven to be injury-prone and the other is still quite raw.

2. Both Ujiri and Weltman left the door wide open to hugely significant trades being made prior to the season (ie: Gay and/or DeRozan), as long as it's a fantastic offer.

3. MU is going to treat the first half of the season as one big roster evaluation, with regards to both individual player talent/potential and player 'fit' together. If this core doesn't produce solid results (ie: highly competitive with much improved win/loss record) while showing plenty of room for further improvement, I expect MU to be extremely busy leading up to the trade deadline. I could see MU going from 'compete for playoffs' to 'tank for 2014 draft and 2014 offseason rebuilding/retooling' in a heartbeat. He has several good players (ie: Gay, DeRozan, Lowry) and lots of expiring / potentially expiring (team option / non-guaranteed) contracts at his disposal (ie: Kleiza, Lowry, Gray, Johnson, Hansborough, Camby, Richardson, Stone, Acy), to use as trade bait.
                Masai might not have a Carmelo Anthony on this current roster, but the pieces and assets definitely have well-off value to acquire some good pieces (picks, prospects, expirings, etc).

I'll be quite surprised if Amir goes in my honest opinion, not only is he on a great contract (expiring, hopefully re-signed), he brings a lot of what Ujiri & Casey want, toughness and defense.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  he always looked like a big eyed chubster to me, doesn't help that he has sort of a baby face. Its good that he lost that extra weight, dude was chunky. He also had an ass the size of the moon, well he probably still does unless there's a way to lose ass weight
                  Have you worked out before?

Comment

I do. But I've never heard of butt exercises...maybe i have. Idk, i'm not much of a fitness person

Comment

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        I thought he looked gassed several times this season
                        I guess. It's hard to tell though. I mean JLin looked gassed 5 minutes into every game I ever watched him play, but he usually was better as the game went on.

Likewise, I've seen Lowry 'look' tired, but not sure that's worth much. Seen him go OFF at the end of games in which he's logged heavy minutes and in overtime as well.

Either way, unless he's developed an eating disorder I think we can agree that it's good news!

Comment

I worked out once...some weird salty liquid started coming out of my pores, so I said "fuck this, I'm out".
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            I do. But I've never heard of butt exercises...maybe i have. Idk, i'm not much of a fitness person
                            Squats man, squats! Lots of that, and running. Basically leg workouts can do some of that.

Comment

Squats man, squats! Lots of that, and running. Basically leg workouts can do some of that.
                              Hmm that's sounds true. I always thought those were only for the legs and calfs. I don't do too many leg workouts besides running, mostly upper body because my arms are like KD lanky...well not so much anymore but still not what i want. We should get back on topic lol

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse.......but squats ain't gonna make your ass any smaller.

Comment

Working...
                                X