Am I the only one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one...

...who gets the strong feeling that the Sonics will mysteriously get Wiggins as a welcome present ? Considering the hype that'll be built around the rebirth of the team and the fact that the upcoming draft is quite weak, I kind of see them waiting for a year for the good old rigging process...

Really!

Comment

I get that feeling they will too and that this year it's orlando who gets it
      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Not sure who gets Wiggins, but I think Raptor fans should stop dreaming of Wiggins playing for his home town team. I don't see any realistic scenario where it happens.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
          ...who gets the strong feeling that the Sonics will mysteriously get Wiggins as a welcome present ? Considering the hype that'll be built around the rebirth of the team and the fact that the upcoming draft is quite weak, I kind of see them waiting for a year for the good old rigging process...
          It doesn't take much logic to see that the way the lottery is held now makes it impossible to rig it, but let's not let that get in the way of conspiracy chatter.

Comment

if we don't get him (we won't) i certainly hope seattle does
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
              It doesn't take much logic to see that the way the lottery is held now makes it impossible to rig it, but let's not let that get in the way of conspiracy chatter.
              I don't really see how the process makes it impossible to rig it. The sole fact that they hold the actual lottery in another room prior to the live broadcast makes it riggable as hell.

The only way I'd believe in the League's honesty would be a live mechanical ping pong ball drawing.

But you're right, conspiracy talks are fun

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                I don't really see how the process makes it impossible to rig it. The sole fact that they hold the actual lottery in another room prior to the live broadcast makes it riggable as hell.

The only way I'd believe in the League's honesty would be a live mechanical ping pong ball drawing.

But you're right, conspiracy talks are fun
                Aren't there a whole bunch of witnesses during the actually lottery? I thought I read that Doug Smith was once in there. It would be tough to keep a bunch of random people quiet for so long.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Not sure who gets Wiggins, but I think Raptor fans should stop dreaming of Wiggins playing for his home town team. I don't see any realistic scenario where it happens.
                  Unlikely as the odds would be for any team frankly, but not impossible.

The team has very little chance to improve via new players in the offseason. Trades will be available of course but most of Raps improvement next year will have to be organic. Jose will most likely be gone, no draft pick, very little money for FA's and it's not hard to envision next years team being much like the lottery team we are watching this year.

I don't think it's as hard to drop a few spots lower into bottom 3 team territory as it is to move up a few spots into the playoffs.

A new GM will hopefully see this and realize that stripping it down, getting rid of Casey (not convinced he's the guy moving forward) and bringing in a young Monty Williams type coach and all of a sudden we are looking at bottom 3 in the league in an exceptional draft year. Remember, there will be more than Wiggins as a prize in that draft although he is deifnitely top prize.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Aren't there a whole bunch of witnesses during the actually lottery? I thought I read that Doug Smith was once in there. It would be tough to keep a bunch of random people quiet for so long.
                    Yeah, they have several media types in there, PLUS representatives from the lottery teams, plus it's video taped for any others to see later, if they wish. It's only done behind closed doors so they can do the TV drama shit from the bottom up. With so many witnesses, and:
                    1) it's not 1 ball that comes up to determine the winner, which is then discarded
                    2) it takes a combination of 4 balls to determine a winner
                    3) those same balls are placed back in the bin for the 2nd and 3rd draws, meaning if those balls were loaded, that same combination would keep coming up. That's not what's been happening.

This procedure is about as fool proof as you can get.

Comment

The only time I ever thought it might have been rigged was Derrick Rose. I mean, come on, a once internationally renowned team gets a hometown star on a 1.7% chance? But that's the lottery; it sometimes has surprises. As pooka mentioned, they have so many precautions to prevent it nowadays. It's not rigged, as much as some may want to believe it is, so I doubt they'll be "gifted" Wiggins. Besides, I can't see anyone being worse than Orlando or Washington these next few years.

Comment

Charolette not getting Anthony Davis was a pretty bad.... I mean they went the season with just 7 wins..... AD should have been guaranteed to them Brutal, MKG is good and all but I dont think hes 2nd pick worthy look at all the legit kids they passed up..

Comment

If you can rig a presidential election then I'm pretty sure you can rig an NBA draft. Everything is rigged and run by the mafia and banking cartel

Comment

Wiggins will drop out of the draft and sign with us as a free agent book it

Comment

Working...
                            X