BC says "not done trading" yet during Atl game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Bargnani to Minnesota for Williams and Ridnour.

DeRozan and Kleiza to Utah for Millsap. Acy or Anderson could be added to also include Raja Bell (to make it more enticing for Utah), if need be.
    It's beyond me that many here promote trading for Millsap. He's an expiring contract that could walk for nothing in July. Why would you give away a young, ever growing DeRozan for what could easily be a 2 month rental?
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
      It's beyond me that many here promote trading for Millsap. He's an expiring contract that could walk for nothing in July. Why would you give away a young, ever growing DeRozan for what could easily be a 2 month rental?
      True. I would hope that BC would be able to speak to his agent once Utah agreed to the framework of a deal, to get a feel for the liklihood of him re-signing. It could be a risk, but he's just one option.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
        Wait a minute, why would any team give anything in return for Bargnani, or any other Raps player? They have terrible contracts and they play for a losing team. Why would Utah trade useful players for Derozan and Kleiza? Does Colangelo have stuff on Utah's owners? Short of blackmail I can't think of any reason.
        Utah has been rumored to be in the market for a wing and/or guard since the offseason. Just looking at their roster is enough evidence to support the rumors. Plus, they are loaded in the front court. Both Jefferson & Millsap expiring after the season and they have Favors & Kanter waiting to take their spots. It's widely suspected among the 'experts/insiders' that Millsap is most likely gone, so they could very well be looking to get something for him instead of losing him to free agency. I'm not sure what more they would ever get offered for him than DeRozan. I see it as a great fit for both teams, assuming Millsap would be interested in re-signing with Toronto to be a starting PF.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          the team dynamics have changed. rudy gay brings all the same skills derozan posseses and is an overall better player. No one has any clue why he gave derozan an extension that early, baffling move....
          maybe BC was taking a page out of the Denver playbook.. maintaining an asset in demar with the intention to flip him.. like den. did with Nene ? more then likely i think Demar will be delt..

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
            1) shed the salary of a player who's skills are redundant to the team, and give us more financial flexibility in the future.

2) http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/ make the gamble that we can sign one of the many free agent power forwards this summer.

Comment

I like the idea of having Millsap's Bird Rights so they could resign him without cap implications. The only way I do that is if we unload at least $10M in outgoing salary though - that means either Bargnani or DeRozan or a combination of Fields/Kleiza (or all four)

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                But Bryan is the GM. I actually don't think he wants to move DeMar - otherwise what was the point in giving him the extension so early?
                I believe, big assumption that BC wants to trade DD, because any team receiving him is going to know what his contract situation is, no worries of restricted free agency, Colangelo believes price to be fair market, and he is locked up for 4 years. Being locked up for a team like Milwaukee or Utah is just as important for them as it is for Toronto..... hardly free agent hot spots.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  We need a starting PF and a backup PG.

LINEUP
                  C: Valanciunas, Gray, Haddadi
                  PF: ???, Amir, Acy
                  SF: Gay, Anderson, Kleiza
                  SG: Fields, Ross, Pietrus
                  PG: Lowry, ???, Lucas

* assuming Bargnani & DeRozan are traded
                  Why stop with Bargs and Demar? If the goal is to WIN NOW, that lineuop ain't getting it done. I'd advocate engineering something for both Milsap and Gasol and maybe adding a shooter like Reddick. If they can hang on to Val in that then great, if not, then move him. Same with Ross. Go big.

Comment

Anyone think Derozan and his ugly contract is tradeable? BC has surprised us in the past, and I could see a few teams wanting him

Comment

• I think DeRozan is tradable. Worse has been moved before.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        We need a starting PF and a backup PG.

LINEUP
                        C: Valanciunas, Gray, Haddadi
                        PF: ???, Amir, Acy
                        SF: Gay, Anderson, Kleiza
                        SG: Fields, Ross, Pietrus
                        PG: Lowry, ???, Lucas

* assuming Bargnani & DeRozan are traded
                        Thanks to his fat extension, this is a pipe dream. I hope Utah can take these two *crossing fingers*.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• even once demars extention kicks in i dont see any reason why teams wouldnt be intersted, hes still young & hes not exactly a terrible player, If an old washed up lazy turk who was never that great, making 10mill can be traded why cant demar.. i expect that if hes traded most will be pleasently suprised by the return, there just isnt many true SG's up & comming these days..i could see teams like Chicago, Utah, Pheonix, Bobcats, Millwaukee, Detroit, Minnesota all being very intersted in Demar....

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                            I'd advocate engineering something for Lebron, CP3, KB24, and do you think you could dig up Al Jolson?
                            I'd take one of the above. Unfortunately, none of those guys are available. Gasol is available. Milsap is available. Why not? Why stop at Gay? This roster plus Gay won't even make the playoffs. More moves need to be made.

Personally, I would have rather blown the team up and rebuilt but that's not the path management/ownership chose. So, now they need to pull out all the stops to try to create a window to win.

What would it take to get another star or two? No idea. But making Valanciunas and Ross available will certainly help.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              I'd take one of the above. Unfortunately, none of those guys are available. Gasol is available. Milsap is available. Why not? Why stop at Gay? This roster plus Gay won't even make the playoffs. More moves need to be made.

Personally, I would have rather blown the team up and rebuilt but that's not the path management/ownership chose. So, now they need to pull out all the stops to try to create a window to win.

What would it take to get another star or two? No idea. But making Valanciunas and Ross available will certainly help.
                              I would be fine trading for Millsap or Gasol (preference for Millsap), but certainly no point trading for both.

Gay is only 26 years old, making only $4M more than Calderon/Davis were making. They've hardly mortgaged the future for a 'win now' approach.

They have a young core of Gay, Lowry, Valanciunas, Ross, Amir, Fields and DeRozan (unless he's traded), who are all under 27. They will be able to grow together for several years, ideally.

Comment

• I'm desperate to know if Gay is going to be in a raps uniform tomorrow. It starts at 2am my time, but if it's the first game with gay suited up, count me in.

I still can't decide whether I like the move or not. I do think it more moves need to be made. Obviously, bargs is on the block, but I think we have to add something to make it worthwhile for the other team. I can't see JV or Ross being available so the only assets we have are Lowry or Demar. Since we don't have a starting point guard without lowry, I also see demar as the odd man out. With JV and Bargs being injured, we are in desperate need of another servicable forward, which makes me think that a trade is coming sooner rather than later.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X