Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I wonder if Mo Williams will reconsider being a backup...and taking shit money.

And I think now AJ Price moves near the top of my list, if not the top.
    How about Andre Miller? Need to get him via trade though, but I believe I heard rumours that Denver was willing to trade him out at one point. Miller makes $5M this year, but only has $2M guaranteed for next season.

Camby (or Kleiza) for Miller?

Comment

• Nate Robinson is still available I beleive.

Comment

Billups seems to be signing with Detroit....2 years/5 million....

Fuck.
        Do you really think there's a chance we see Billups play for the Raps next season?? come on.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I think it hinges on the direction MU wants to go heading into the season. If they are satisfied with Stone as the backup, then it makes sense to go after a young player as the 3rd string PG. In that scenario, I wouldn't be suprised if Kabongo was at least up for consideration.
          Myck has exactly 2 points and 4 assists, 3 turnovers so far in three games in Orlando so his stock could not be lower when it counts the most. He should go back to school at a Canadian university and get a degree.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            Myck has exactly 2 points and 4 assists, 3 turnovers so far in three games in Orlando so his stock could not be lower when it counts the most. He should go back to school at a Canadian university and get a degree.
            Yeah. I hate watching it. Might it be that Ujiri knew more than me and many others? lol

Comment

fuck billups just signed with detroit....

So clearly he went with sentiment, because he chose a team that can easily be worse than toronto (though i'm not suggesting we were ever necessarily a real option), and he only took 2 years/5 million, which is exactly the kind of number i hoped to sign him at. Fuck!
              fuckkkkk!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Because Billups was really the key piece to leading us to a championship........
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

FUCK Billups just signed with Detroit....

So clearly he went with sentiment, because he chose a team that can easily be worse than Toronto (though I'm not suggesting we were ever necessarily a real option), and he only took 2 years/5 million, which is exactly the kind of number I hoped to sign him at. FUCK!
                  Billups would have brought veteran leadership, grit, experience, and obviously some talent - old - but talent to this team, plus the fact him backing up Lowry would be awesome.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                    Because Billups was really the key piece to leading us to a championship........
                    Look....this team has no vets. Nobody like a Willis or Oak, or Curry or Muggsy. They really need somebody to bring that experience and approach, someone who knows what it takes to win. And on top of that, someone who had a hard time finding his place in the league. There's no negative to having a guy like that with a roster that's otherwise set, and pretty young.

Comment

• Ya, sure. But, it's still not a big deal..
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        Ya, sure. But, it's still not a big deal..
                        No...it's just a bit extra frustrating because of how crappy the PG market is.

Comment

Yeah I think Billups would have made a fantastic locker room presence. But no sense crying over it since now we have the opportunity to sign Uzoh instead! :P

In related news, I really have no idea what Dumars is doing. Every time he has cap space, he squanders it so quickly. How does he still have a job?

Comment

Look....this team has no vets. Nobody like a Willis or Oak, or Curry or Muggsy. They really need somebody to bring that experience and approach, someone who knows what it takes to win. And on top of that, someone who had a hard time finding his place in the league. There's no negative to having a guy like that with a roster that's otherwise set, and pretty young.
                            hey what about Q Rich, Novak and... nevermind lol

Comment

Udrih

He is no Billups but he is also no JL3.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Udrih

He is no Billups but he is also no JL3.
                                His D is also pretty bad. I mean, he can shoot, and he's a decent PG. But yeah, he's an acceptable option mostly because better fits are not there.

Comment

Working...
                                X