Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - The Day Hedo Was Traded

*sighs*

I wish. Next Tuesday is the first official day that free agents that were signed this summer can be traded. Just day dreaming that Colangelo is going to pull off another miracle to rid ourselves of this clown.

Seriously, what's wrong with this $55 million dollar man? We're so quick to always jump down Bargnani's throat, that most fans seem to be giving this guy a free pass. His shot for the most part is flatter than Kate Hudson's chest. Far from being anything clutch that we were fooled to think coming into this season and shows less emotion than a Steven Wright stand-up routine.

So who's with me in trying to run this guy out of town? (not literally) Absolute waste and right now I think is probably the league's most overrated and overpaid player.

Surely you jest. Indeed, a pathetic proposal. Trade him because he isn't putting up the meaningless ppg that most fans drool over? He never was a high volume scorer and even less so now since he doesn't touch the ball nearly enough. Bosh can't pass the ball and is obviously concerned with putting up statistics to warrant a max contract this summer. The guy is/was and always will be a loser and I can't stand his arrogance. Not to mention Bosh chokes as hard as Karl Malone used to. Bosh is an average star and that is why we will always be an average team.
    Last edited by Raffy15; Wed Dec 9, 2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
      Surely you jest. Indeed, a pathetic proposal. Trade him because he isn't putting up the meaningless ppg that most fans drool over? He never was a high volume scorer and even less so now since he doesn't touch the ball nearly enough.
      I could care less how much he scores. I'd just like to see him doing something else if he's not scoring. Ever watch him this season? I don't think I've seen a player take plays off this much since Vince did during his "dogging it" season here in Toronto. At least show some effort. This is beyond ridiculous now.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        I could care less how much he scores. I'd just like to see him doing something else if he's not scoring. Ever watch him this season? I don't think I've seen a player take plays off this much since Vince did during his "dogging it" season here in Toronto. At least show some effort. This is beyond ridiculous now.
        He always had that sleepy look since he came into the league as a rookie. Ever watch basketball games that didn't involve the Raptors before? I have and he always plays with an expressionless attitude. Hard to do anything when he is stationed in a corner and Bosh is massaging the ball for 7 seconds before making an aggressive move. Boshs' screens don't free up Hedo like Howard's used to either.

Finally, this team is either getting blown out or blowing the opposing team out in the 4th quarter. Consequently, Turk the Turk cannot pull the game out of the rectum if this keeps up.
        Last edited by Raffy15; Thu Dec 10, 2009, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          *sighs*

I wish. Next Tuesday is the first official day that free agents that were signed this summer can be traded. Just day dreaming that Colangelo is going to pull off another miracle to rid ourselves of this clown.

Seriously, what's wrong with this $55 million dollar man? We're so quick to always jump down Bargnani's throat, that most fans seem to be giving this guy a free pass. His shot for the most part is flatter than Kate Hudson's chest. Far from being anything clutch that we were fooled to think coming into this season and shows less emotion than a Steven Wright stand-up routine.

So who's with me in trying to run this guy out of town? (not literally) Absolute waste and right now I think is probably the league's most overrated and overpaid player.
          Doc,

I think we just need to give it time. He's in a new program and learning how to play with 14 new faces. He's a point forward and as such he has the same learning curve as a new point guard. He has to be able to quarterback the team at any time yet also know how to just blend in when off the ball. The Raptors play a little different than what he was accustomed to in Orlando. I think the pay off for Hedo will come in the post season, should they make it. The main problem for the Raptors in their last two playoff appearances, beyond Bosh fading, was the lack of a strong second option. Hedo wants the ball in his hand in the clutch and seems to thrive in those high pressure situations.

Comment

This guy Doc Naismith seems to have it in for Turkoglu no matter what. Just read his twitter history. You criticize him every chance you get. What exactly did you think you were getting this summer?

Comment

In fairness, the guy has been brutal but I have to look at Triano first. he just throws everybody out there hoping they'll figure things out and do the right thing every time. Hedo's been the most affected by this, that early three from the left wing he took in the fourth quarter spoke of his frustrations.

Triano, do some coaching.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                In fairness, the guy has been brutal but I have to look at Triano first. he just throws everybody out there hoping they'll figure things out and do the right thing every time. Hedo's been the most affected by this, that early three from the left wing he took in the fourth quarter spoke of his frustrations.

He has not been brutal. Brutal is Bargs and Calderons defense. Brutal is watching Andrea pass on the move. Brutal is watching the Raptors baseline help. No, Turkoglu has not been brutal. His coach and his team have let him down. Of course, you knew he wasnt playing with the finishers he had in Orlando.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

I agree with the Triano point. I don't think Hedo has been as bad as some have been making him out to be though. I think expectations were too high for him in the first few month. I see him getting better with time, however, if Triano could coach I think we would see a more effective Hedo Turkoglu right now. The guys moved from Stan Van Gundy to Jay Triano. That's a big time down grade right there.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I agree with the Triano point. I don't think Hedo has been as bad as some have been making him out to be though. I think expectations were too high for him in the first few month. I see him getting better with time, however, if Triano could coach I think we would see a more effective Hedo Turkoglu right now. The guys moved from Stan Van Gundy to Jay Triano. That's a big time down grade right there.
                    He hasn't been bad at all. Just drastically underutilized. Why did the Raptors trade for him if they are not going to use him properly in the 2 man game. He is at his absolute best with the ball in his hands. Without the ball he will lose interest in the game. The Raptors brass as usual though is clueless. Van Gundy isn't a very good coach but he is better than the below average shill that is Jay Triano.

Comment

Let's say we did trade him. I personnally don't think he fits with this group that well and woudn't mind him one if we could get someone decent. So who could we trade for? Who would want his massive contract and would have a good athletic three they would give up for him?
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

More panic without purpose isn't going to help.

Triano still hasn't figured out how to use this group, a trade may set him back another 20 games.
                        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Maybe but I'd be more concerned right now with the fact that they don't even really know what they have yet... I think looking at trades should be reserved for 2010.

Comment

This team doesn't have many finishers on the wing (besides the Turk) like Orlando did. Turkoglu can't make the passes off his right handed dribble to a guy that can register points consistently. Orlando had Nelson, Lewis, and Pietrus. Thats why his assist totals arent very high.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
                              He hasn't been bad at all. Just drastically underutilized.
                              Agreed
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                              X