Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013/14 has been a magical season for the Raptors but what does the future hold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I think the future is a complete and utter mystery. Everything hinges on Kyle Lowry. Masai is a master poker player and all we can do is hope that he has some pocket aces or is a hell of a bluffer.

I don't for a second believe Kevin Durant will sign in Toronto unless we have a second star as good as or better than Russell Westbrook. It may even take a third star or some kind of serious playoff noise. Greivis Vasquez and a 38 year old Vince Carter are hardly going to influence one of the top two players in the world.
    You can't say that everything hinges on Lowry going forward. This season sure, but is it that hard to beleive that MU could bring in an upgrade to KL?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I think the future is a complete and utter mystery. Everything hinges on Kyle Lowry. Masai is a master poker player and all we can do is hope that he has some pocket aces or is a hell of a bluffer.

I don't for a second believe Kevin Durant will sign in Toronto unless we have a second star as good as or better than Russell Westbrook. It may even take a third star or some kind of serious playoff noise. Greivis Vasquez and a 38 year old Vince Carter are hardly going to influence one of the top two players in the world.
      But what about Drake sitting so close cheering him on? That may intrigue KD.

Comment

Say KD could actually sign in Toronto, he'd obviously be our starting SF. So, does DeMar keep his starting job as our SG or would they give it to Ross? I personally think DeMar keeps it.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
          Say KD could actually sign in Toronto, he'd obviously be our starting SF. So, does DeMar keep his starting job as our SG or would they give it to Ross? I personally think DeMar keeps it.
          Obviously lol
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            Obviously lol
            That's 2 and a half years away, there's nothing obvious about it. Personally I think ross has a higher ceiling and will end up a better player then derozan. Maybe not a higher ppg, but a better all around player.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              But what about Drake sitting so close cheering him on? That may intrigue KD.
              Not sure if serious..

Comment

Although I think Ross would be a better compliment to KD than DD would...with his defense and ability to spread the floor.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Although I think Ross would be a better compliment to KD than DD would...with his defense and ability to spread the floor.
                  Exactly. If we have kd, dd becomes that championship team 6th man. It would be perfect.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Exactly. If we have kd, dd becomes that championship team 6th man. It would be perfect.
                    I'm torn about DD as a 6th man, depends on what TR grows into. But I think we'd be extremely fortunate to even be able to keep those 2 while bringing in KD (if that's even remotely possible). I know the goal would likely be to attract him as a free agent but in setting up yourself to be attractive to a guy like KD it would probably involve moving one of DD or TR for a big man.

Shit. I'm all effed up. 4 months ago I was Tank Nation and low on Ross. Now I'm dreading the thought of losing Ross and running ideas in my head about the possibilities of KD in a raptors uniform. This season has been insane, at the start of the year who would have thought TR would be more important at this point than JV. (just saying I think right now we miss TR more in the line up as far as winning games now not in terms of development, butttttt maybe even that)

Your welcome for the noncommittal post. I suspect it is similar to the thinking of many raptors fans as far as uncertainty goes. Wow I really didn't say anything there....
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Also. I'd replace "magical" with voodoo brain f**k
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Bust honetly, I don't see KD leaving his good situation in OKC. I'm good with with DD/TR wing combo for the long haul. And I do think KD would want to play with another all star by his side, not T Ross.
                        Last edited by Jordan Evans; Fri Mar 7, 2014, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I don't see KD in a Raps uniform in the future. However, if we were able to sign him, then you trade Demar for assets or a decent big man IMO. There really is little reason to have both KD and DD on the floor together, and no way can you justify putting Demar on the bench, a role I doubt he would want anyways. Ultimately, if KD wanted to leave OKC, and agreed to come to TO, then Demar may be a piece that OKC would want back in a S&T scenario.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I don't see KD in a Raps uniform in the future. However, if we were able to sign him, then you trade Demar for assets or a decent big man IMO. There really is little reason to have both KD and DD on the floor together, and no way can you justify putting Demar on the bench, a role I doubt he would want anyways. Ultimately, if KD wanted to leave OKC, and agreed to come to TO, then Demar may be a piece that OKC would want back in a S&T scenario.
                            I usually enjoy your posts. However, I don't think KD would be coming to Toronto to play with Ross or JV. He's likely coming to pair up with another all-star. Demar is currently the only all-star on this team. No way Durant comes here to play with a bunch of unproven players IMO. Also, no way we trade DD unless we get an offer we simply cannot refuse. A young all-star locked in at 9.5 million per year is something you hold onto in this league.

Edit: Obviously Durant would be that offer you cannot refuse, but i still don't think he'd come here to play with Ross or JV over DD.
                            Last edited by special1; Fri Mar 7, 2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                              I usually enjoy your posts. However, I don't think KD would be coming to Toronto to play with Ross or JV. He's likely coming to pair up with another all-star. Demar is currently the only all-star on this team. No way Durant comes here to play with a bunch of unproven players IMO. Also, no way we trade DD unless we get an offer we simply cannot refuse. A young all-star locked in at 9.5 million per year is something you hold onto in this league.

Edit: Obviously Durant would be that offer you cannot refuse, but i still don't think he'd come here to play with Ross or JV over DD.

Amen

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post

How much would you like to bet me that in 2016-17, both ross and jv will be considered better nba players then derozan?

Comment

Working...
                                X