Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Returning? Brotherson at HoopsWorld believes odds in favour

Stephen Brotherson seems to think so:

For now, the odds seem to be in Colangelo's favor if he can manage the politics of a franchise that is up for sale. As long as the MLSE Chairman backs the Raptors President and General Manager and intends to remain a shareholder no matter what the outcome after OTPP sells its shares, we should expect to see Colangelo back at the helm when next season finally gets underway.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1LfauQFsD
    Not much new in the article. A re-hashing and summary of stories since February ended with his opinion.

I would like to see BC back for a few more years.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
      I would like to see BC back for a few more years.
      I would as well.

Comment

BC has brought in DD, ED, JB, JJ AJ and SW the last couple of seasons. Add the draft picks coming up and they have the makings of a very young team that even next year could be a lot of fun to watch.
        Because of that I'd like to see him carry on.
        He seems to have a clear vision of where this team is going and how it is getting there.
        There are some tough decisions to make on assembling a strong veteran leadership presence to help keep the youth movement on track and hopefully there will be a couple of moves made that help bring a winning spirit to their ranks.

Comment

I'm not going to rip up Brotherston, but, just to float some points out there

Everyone makes fun of the "idiots" on B/R, well, guess where this guy started, just because he know works for a "higher standard" site, it suddenly seems people respect what he says, I don't think there is anything that's changed about what and/or the way he writes.

JFTR, I'm not singleing out or directing this at anyone, just floating it out there.

As for Colangelo returning or not, who's his competition that is at or near his level...Kevin Pritchard?

who's had probably an equal share of downs and maybe not as high ups as colangelo has had.
          Last edited by LBF; Sat May 7, 2011, 05:27 PM.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Seems like quite a few people want Colangelo back. I do as well. Ever since Bosh left, he's been building the team his way and I'm liking what I'm seeing. I wonder what happened to that poll on this site a while back that had 65% of the voters in favour of his return. We should send this off to Silvestri and any other puppet of the Teachers Pension Plan.

I'm tired of this dysfunctional mess. The lottery is on May 17, the draft is on June 23. Can you imagine if we got the number #1 pick but had no permanent GM to make the choice. Get this thing done, get Colangelo resigned.

Anybody have Silverstri's email?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

Everyone makes fun of the "idiots" on B/R, well, guess where this guy started, just because he know works for a "higher standard" site, it suddenly seems people respect what he says, I don't think there is anything that's changed about what and/or the way he writes.

JFTR, I'm not singleing out or directing this at anyone, just floating it out there.
              JFTR make sure you notice the title said he believes, my first line says he thinks so, and the last line is about him giving his opinion. Since I was the one who posted the thread I'll clarify to say that in no way was this meant to imply because Brotherson thinks BC is returning it must be so. The guy writes a weekly bit on him and hosts a weekly chat on a widely read NBA rumour and headline site (HoopsWorld.com). I'd like to think he can offer some insight which is why it was posted. I, nor anyone else, should take his opinions for gospel just like we should tnot ake Dough Smith, Grange, Chisholm, or any of the national US media opinions as gospel either.

As for B/R, some of the stuff is alright. The problem is when you get fans writing articles as 'journalists' that have things like: "5 trades to fix the Orlando Magic" and number one is trade Arenas for Russell Westbrook. Number 1 the trade doesn't work under the rules of the current CBA and number 2, well, do I need to explain number 2?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                JFTR make sure you notice the title said he believes, my first line says he thinks so, and the last line is about him giving his opinion. Since I was the one who posted the thread I'll clarify to say that in no way was this meant to imply because Brotherson thinks BC is returning it must be so. The guy writes a weekly bit on him and hosts a weekly chat on a widely read NBA rumour and headline site (HoopsWorld.com). I'd like to think he can offer some insight which is why it was posted. I, nor anyone else, should take his opinions for gospel just like we should tnot ake Dough Smith, Grange, Chisholm, or any of the national US media opinions as gospel either.

As for B/R, some of the stuff is alright. The problem is when you get fans writing articles as 'journalists' that have things like: "5 trades to fix the Orlando Magic" and number one is trade Arenas for Russell Westbrook. Number 1 the trade doesn't work under the rules of the current CBA and number 2, well, do I need to explain number 2?
                Forget the bad trade suggestions, poor analytical reasoning and insider rumors that aren't really rumors. The real problem with B/R are the writers who write. like. this. because eff you if,you have, a problem with it, I'm putting punctuation wherever theres a, pause, and some more, thrown in for, good measure, so eff you faggot.

I won't name names but there was one particular moron who started flaming a commenter who was actually supporting his point. Apparently, not only did he have the writing level of a first grader, but the reading comprehension of one too. Then other commenters pointed out his mistake and he started to hold his B/R "accomplishments" over them, as if it meant anything. I'm sorry, but B/R writers are the worst in that respect. They expect people to respect their opinion, but then they act like children when people don't.

And before anyone says punctuation and grammar aren't important, it damn well is if you expect people to take you seriously. If you can't write like an intelligent person, how do you expect to appear credible? I'm not perfect by any means, but only on B/R can you find the worst written pieces, followed by a litany of childish flames by the writer. If B/R has no standards for its writers, then the entire site should be treated accordingly. You can't really expect readers to assign differing credibility levels to people with no apparent qualifications.

P.S. Sorry Matt52, this wasn't directed at you as much as it's tagging along your earlier post. =)

Comment

Tim Chisholm on BC' best and worst moves and on BC staying

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=364740

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=364846

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=362993

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

hey, just floating it out there.

ya, i know what you mean about b/r. Sometimes it's the editors though, i swear they are just as stupid if not more than the fans that write it.

it was just kind of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL-0F...eature=related
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Why not make points counter to his stance rather than attempt to attack him as a writer? Maybe he left BR because of their reputation? He works for HoopsWorld.com, a very credible site I frequent often, and I've been reading his stuff there all season and I can tell you he knows his basketball and he appears to put a lot of thought into his writing. Do you agree or disagree with what he said and why?

As for Colangelo returning or not, who's his competition that is at or near his level...Kevin Pritchard?
                      Colangelo has no competition right now because he's still the GM and there have been zero reports of them asking to talk with anybody else in the league. From everything I've read he has total board support with the exception of Silvestri. Pritchard being fired in Portland had nothing to do performance. I would urge people to research the background of why he was fired and ask yourself if you expect a higher level of professionalism. He might be a good option, he might not be but I will say Colangelo has a far better track record and he did it without the deep pockets of a billionaire buying up draft picks.

As for the article. I think he makes some good points. My only fear is that somebody else jumps for Colangelo in this Raptors' moment of extreme weakness and as a result, when the Raptors do get their collective crap sorted out, he's gone and they're left looking at the Rob Babock caliber executives of the league at a crucial time in the franchise's history.

... I wonder if they've tried working a one season extension with promise of a proper long term contract after the sale of MLSE? If Colangelo wants to stay in town this scenario places him in the least risky position. If the new owner(s) don't want him then they're not tied to a lengthy contract and at the same time Colangelo can have his salary guaranteed for a year while he finds his next gig. That might be a compromise that could work.

Comment

Does anyone have the answer why one board member has the ability to override the majority decision to extend Colangelo?
                        He must really be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame but it's turning into 15 minutes of shame.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                          Does anyone have the answer why one board member has the ability to override the majority decision to extend Colangelo?
                          He must really be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame but it's turning into 15 minutes of shame.
                          The teachers obviously have control of the board by virtue of their majority holdings. That said he is one of multiple representing the Teachers but possibly has seniority or whatever internal operating rules they have where his vote makes evryone else (Teachers directors) have to follow suit.

Comment

Working...
                          X