Trade for Caron Butler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for Caron Butler!

I posted this on morning coffee tread. But I've really been thinking a lot of different trade scenario on upgrading the Raps. Finally I believe this to be a very possible trade that could be pulled off. The wizards are breaking their core and the Raps could work something out here. Hate to take advantage of the situation, but since with all that's going with Wizards and the on going progress of the Raptors I feel this trade can benefit both sides.

(Caron Butler) via (Marcus Banks, Reggie Evans, Antoine Wright or First round draft pick)

I though over in different angles and perspective for each individual and the interest of both teams with the on going basis of this season. The salary should be alright, though this is just on top my head so feel free to correct me.

Please provide some feedback on this one, as I believe this trade can be very legitimate or maybe I could just very will be one sided for the Raps on having the prospect of having Caron in a Raps uniform this year by trade deadline?

what do y'all think?

T.L. wrote: View Post

what do y'all think?
    There is no way in hell that Washington pulls of this trade. You can't just throw a quality player such as Caron Butler with a reasonble contract and think that the Wizards will pick up our garbage. The Wiz can get a much better deal somewhere else where they can restock on youth and prospects for the future.

Something that might work for the wiz would be something like:

Caron Butler

for

Derozen, Jack, Belli and a first rounder.

but then you will have problems with losing your starting point guard and a log jam at the SF position while completly leaving the guard position much worse off then it already was.

Comment

thanks for the reality check!

must have been drifting off at work for Wizards to bite this.

can't help this I bored, how about:

Calderon, Sonny Weems, and first rounder

for

Butler?

Comment

than again, I'm actually thinking Caron to play the two, though that may hurt his game since you mentioned the SF jam with Turk.

so i guess this trade would not work after all... o well.

Comment

Just got through an articule from, "Brother Steve," got some nice trade scenarios. One consisting of Caron Butler as well.

link:

http://sbrother.wordpress.com/2010/0...jose-calderon/

Comment

T.L. wrote: View Post
            Just got through an articule from, "Brother Steve," got some nice trade scenarios. One consisting of Caron Butler as well.

link:

http://sbrother.wordpress.com/2010/0...jose-calderon/
            I don't believe the Raps would have to hand over all their good young talent to get this done.
            DeRozan or Belinelli + expiring deals (Johnson & Wright) and sending over less salary than they are taking back (luxury tax relief) should do it if the Wiz are going to blow things up.

The Wiz may not want anyone with a longer term on their contract if they are in blow up mode. (+ Going for the No. 1 draft pick)
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

The Wizards aren't going to make any trades until they find out whether they can waive Arenas' contract, which won't be until this summer at the earliest.

If they end up having to keep Arenas, they'll then try to move large salary contracts and blow their current team up.

If they can waive Arenas, they'll retool via free agency.
              RR OG

Comment

Do you guys think BC and Triano could convince Butler to come off the bench as a 6th man for this team? He could backup Turk at SF and play some mins at the 2. Also do you guys know how Caron stacks up on D?

Caron for

Calderon
                Belli
                + filler

Comment

How about....
                  Scenario 1:

Raps Get: Caron Butler, Javaris Crittenton

Wizards Get: Amir Johnson, Antoine Wright, Marcus Banks, 1st Round Pick, Cash considerations (1 mil)

Wizards get 2 expiring contracts some cash to help their cap and a first rounder which could be flipped for cash as well prior to draft. Plus they get rid of a key component in the Arenas issue.

Scenario 2:

Raps Get:Caron Butler

Wizards Get: Jose Calderon, Macro Belinelli, 2nd Round Pick

Really I don't think the Wiz are going to go for any trade scenarios with the Raptors. If anything Scenario 1 would give more upside in terms of cash and contracts.

Some other points to mention: Butler can play the 2 or the 3, his defense is average. I believe he'd be a great fit but I think a third team may be needed.
                  “The choices you make in life, make you.” - John Wooden
                  twitter - scoutingbball

Comment

Working...
                  X